Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2003 5:11:12 PM EDT
spent all morning at the medical examiners building, and got to see a couple of dudes(dead) get all carved up.

me & the rest of my police academy class were behind a big glass window with a good overview of all the post-mortum action. they started with the power saw that quickly conquered the breast plate & ribs that gave the good doctors access to the internals. mind you, there was a mic in the room so you could hear all squishy stuff & hear the power saw (which incidentally sounded just like a dentists drill). after that, they dug right in and went to town.

i was doing just fine and enjoying myself despite the fact that i was super tired to the point where it felt like i had a hangover before i even set foot in the place. now this might sound sick & wrong but i was just kinda staring at what was going on when all of the sudden i started thinking about food (lasanga in particular). i realized that i had better retreat for a bit because the fat man's chest cavity accompanied by squishy sounds & thoughts of food started playing games with my head. [puke]

i regrouped after about 20 minutes or so in time to see the brain come out though.

after, we got some more lectures & visuals. one was of a dog that ate a baby's head off, and they neatly laid out contents of this dog's stomach (the pieces of the head) . you could easily make out the eyeballs, the ears & the brain.

then we broke for lunch...

that meat lover's sub i had went down pretty hard.

the end
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like fun...

Remember they cant feel a thing. lol
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
The investigators at the Medical Examiner's office are some really sick folks...

Every time I have visited ours, they have always had something nasty waiting in one of the coolers to show off. Drowning victims. Traumatic amputations. Shotgun wounds. Corpses that spent a couple of months in the sun and are more maggots than flesh.

I never ceases to amaze me how many ghastly ways people die on a routine basis.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate seeing dead people
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
sometimes i think i wouldn't mind seeing that..kind of curious.  then again...i don't think i want that kinda crap to even enter my mind.  i worked at a vet clinic and saw enough guts and blood.  people are a whole different level.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 10:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]
How does seeing all that relate to your prospective job?  Unless you want to be a homicide detective then you'll have plenty of opportunities to see gore.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Have a Buddy who landed a Long Beach County HVAC job.....they did'nt tell him it was in the Morgue(he was out of work did'nt ask)he did'nt last two weeks,so many bags in the  vault corridors and the indescribeabel smell sent him packin'....don't blame him.......
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#8]
That's a new one! Dog eats baby's head ?[shock]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#9]
14 years ago I did the same thing. The only thing that really bothered me was the smell, kinda of a sweet aroma. Supposedly, the smell was not of the dead, but the chemicals they use in the morgue, never the less, it was terrible [puke] .
You have to be a REAL SPECIAL(different) sorta person to work in a morgue.
I also remember this real hot looking girl standing on top of a box in front a body and digging her hands into this guys stomach, basically scooping the contents out and into a plastic bag.............how attractive! [puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top