Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2003 2:51:22 PM EDT
I am being peppered with offers to 'get in on the ground floor' in this business. I have found a website named Quixtar, but I do not know much about them. Can anyone give an intel dump?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Rule of thumb; if someone can't explain to you [b]exaclty[/b] how their company makes money in less than a minute, stay away from them.  It's usually best to invest in fields that you know, that way it is easier to tell the legit companies from the bullshit artists.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I had someone trying to get me involved.

Basically it is AMWAY on the internet. Two principles of AMWAY were involved in starting it.

They say you can save money on the products you already buy(NOT SO, I COMPARED PRICES) And after you have x number of people below you, your goods are free.

It requires you to purchase in bulk, items that you can get cheaper at Wal-Mart/Sams/Costco, then pay shipping.

And it is no longer the ground floor.

Friends don't push friends into MLM's

Stay clear Matt!

dave
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
agreed. Quixtar, Britt World Wide...

all pyramid schemes... stay away.

don't quit your day job.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quixtar = Amway = Multi-level marketing scheme = Barely legal pyramid scheme for making money off the friends and family that you recruit into the scheme.

As other posters have said, stay away.  It's a good way to lose friends and have people start to avoid you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:51:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#6]
within the last 2 weeks i had someone pushing this crap on me.  they never came to my house alone.  there was always someone standing behind the person talking, usally with their arms crossed in a dominant fashion.  red flags were going up all around me (not the communist kind, mind you).  i backed out.  

i could never get any straight answers from any of them.  i watched a video and that didn't tell me anything other that 'it was a great opportunity'.

strange.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Sweep, I agree the Amway products are good, but having to deal with the company/almost religious cult is what makes it so bad.

I went to a meeting where they didn't even mention the word Amway. But I had figured it out by half way through the presentation. And all they were talking about was selling the opportunity, not the products.

Just the same, stay away from both......
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically it is AMWAY on the internet. Two principles of AMWAY were involved in starting it.
View Quote

It is Amway. Trust me guy, it's not the company that is the problem. Amway/Quixstar, whatever, do have some very good products, but it's the "upline" you have your problems at. I was in Amway for three years. However, unlike most people that "go direct", I actually went on retail. Most others do it by sponsoring people under them.

The discovery I had waiting for me was a surprise when I obtained direct. They make more damn money from selling you those stupid tapes and books and getting you to the meetings than they do by actually working the business.

Looking back on it, I found it some what cultish by the way they encouraged people not to associate with "negative" people meaning anyone who wouldn't get involved with the "business". Also the way they tell people to always check with your upline and don't "cross-line". And let's not forget the hero worship...or the all day and all night meetings leaving you only a few hours sleep a night. I never bought that last one. When my ass got tired, I left!

Anyone else that has ever been involved knows exactly what I'm talking about.
View Quote

Sweep is right on the money on this.  I could write 10 pages about why not to get involved just off the top of my head.  I spent over five years trying to believe none of the negative crap was true.  

Now's the time to get in the ground floor?  [b]Bullshit![/b]  The "ground floor" started Sept. 1, 1999!

I still think the business idea is a good one.  Like Sweep said, it's the upline.  Bill Britt and Dexter Yeager figured out a long time ago you can make a hell of a lot more money selling the dream than making the dream come true.  When I found out that at the little direct level you made a dollar on each tape that went into your group, then did some math on my direct, I became one really pissed off downline.  I figured my direct was making 2-3 times in "system" money than amway/quixtar money.  A dollar on each tape alone was probably making him about two grand a month with what I saw.

Amway "core" products, what the business started on many years ago, are very good products.  My wife and I still use the laundry products 'cause there's really nothing out there that can beat them.

If Amway/Quixtar could somehow purge Britt and Yeager and their "education" system, it would probably not have such a negative name today, and I would probably get back in.  Think about it- do most people think bad about Mary Kay or Tupperware?  Nope.  They sell a product, not a (false) dream.

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussed once before:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=185684

Good info on them:
http://www.amquix.50megs.com/amway.html
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#11]
My wife and I were disowned by my Parents, Sister and Oldest brother after they got involved with Quixtar and Amway..

We were considered to be "NEGATIVE INFLUENCES" on them because we did not want to get into the network...  So they were advised NOT to talk to us...
WTF!!

They finally all got out of it after about 2 years and things are back to normal...

All I can say is RUN RUN RUN FOREST RUN!
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:50:26 AM EDT
[#12]
[b]THINK DIAMOND[/b]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:20:30 AM EDT
[#13]
"Skin-so-Soft" is great for your skin and it keeps moscetoes away.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#14]
I just received a bunch of their products.  It was all paid for by the mortgage guy.  Some of the stuff was good and the other stuff a little weird.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top