Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2003 2:23:13 PM EDT
Last month a buddy of mine went boar hunting in Missouri.  My buddy was loaned a Encore chambered for the 500 S&W.  WHAT POWER!  Well anyway when we dropped off the gun at SSK, I was able to shoot a couple of suppressed guns.  One chambered for the 243 the other for the 7.65  Tokarev.  All you would here was the bullet hitting the back stop.  
I have a Ruger 22/45 and a 10/22 that "need" to be worked over.  What paper work do I need to get a tag to own a suppressed gun?  
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]
You do need to complete an "Application For Tax Paid Transfer and Registration of Firearm", also known as a Form 4, and this must be signed by the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in your locale. You also need to submit, in duplicate, a complete set of fingerprints and palm prints and passport-size photos. An you haft to pay a $200 transfer tax. Give your local class 3 dealer a call he will help you with what you need
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
it's a free country

screw paperwork
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
it's a free country

screw paperwork
View Quote

Well, if you want to make one, that may be true, but finding someone who will sell you one without going through the ATF would be tricky.  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:28:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll sell you one without going through the ATF. Letting you take possession of it is another story. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:11:39 PM EDT
[#6]
You can bypass most of those requirements, by getting incorporated.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You can bypass most of those requirements, by getting incorporated.  
View Quote

Yep, no CLEO sign-off, no prints & photos.  (You still pay the $200 tax, so don't listen to anyone who tells you that this is "tax evasion".)  In theory, the transfer is faster, because they don't have to wait on the FBI background check.  My first corporate F1 took 5 months, though.  I have a F4 in right now; I'm hoping it will be faster now that they "know" me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
it's a free country

screw paperwork
View Quote

Well, if you want to make one, that may be true, but finding someone who will sell you one without going through the ATF would be tricky.  [;)]
View Quote

Naaah, just ask nicely. I'm sure red_beard will help you with that too.
View Quote

nope, i only give professional legal advice out via the net

[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top