Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 1:00:16 PM EDT
I posted this as a response to an earlier topic but I'd like to see if I'm the only doomsayer here....

Mark my words....the ban will be extended or something worse will soon replace it. I pray I'm wrong, but I feel strongly that there will be a HUGE uproar in favor of the ban by the "general public". They will have been "educated" by the media via 30 second sound bites and will not understand how anyone in their "right mind" could want to put "machine guns" back on the streets. Our courageous elected officials will go with the percieved "majority". The ban will not be allowed to sunset. I hope with all my heart I'm wrong but I'll believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Very well could happen if we slink off thinking that the sunset is a done deal. People need to get busy writing letters and calling Congess Critters.

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
How many letters have you written?  

The funny thing is that I am pressuring my Republican senators to oppose the ban because they are only fair weather gun supporters.  

My house representative, a Democrat, is solidly pro gun.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude you need to cheer up, youll get an ulcer if you keep on like that. Past couple days for all of us have been a high, low, high, low kinda thing. We will prevail eventually. That doesnt mean stop worrying tough.

If its any consolation;

1. Do you think we would be better off with the Dems in charge?
2. The bill would have to get pass the Judiciary Commitee ( which is much more pro gun than the average republicans).
3. The liberals jumped the gun (heheh), they threw this out in the open way too soon, people will lose interest.
4. The only people who actually call their congressmen are either VERY pro gun or VERY anti gun. There are alot more pro gun peeps than anti.
5. Fox News has 50% more viewership than CNN.
6. The antis are practically shitting their pants.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Yep!! I just watched a Florida Sheriff on CNN give a demonstration of the "Awesome Power" of two "assault rifles".... Saying he had a "jail full" of people who wanted them. His officers face tham every day, blah, blah, blah....We need to permanantly ban them.
We fought hard for the sunset clause, then I hear these morons say they'll still vote repub. My "Homeland Defense" rifle, is NOT an "Assault Weapon". These people, (repubs included), want to ban PRECISELY the type of weapon the founders were talking about for a "well-regulated,(well supplied, and trained), militia".
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How many letters have you written?  
View Quote

Right around 23, you?

Aviator
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you noticed since the war "ended" that guns are back in the forefront again? Along with shootings, etc? Coincidence? I think not. I believe (a) "situation(s)" will be created to influence the public to the negative. After all, the laws on the books (including the Patriot Act) are not there just to sit and do nothing. Psycho sleeper agents perhaps?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top