Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2003 11:07:06 AM EDT
Yup. We need more weapons laws, regulations, and screening. We haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what needs to be done! Yeah, sure we have lots of weapons regulations going-on with firearms, but what about all the other "weapons" that are killing people.

-Mothers are killing their own children with large rocks and bathtubs full of water.

-Men are chopping their girlfriend's fingers off with Samarai swords.

-Domestic partners are stabbing each other to death with kitchen knives.

-People are killing each other with their vehicles.

-Smokers are killing people with their second-hand smoke.

-Nabisco is killing us with their Oreo cookies.

-McDonald's is burning us with their hot coffee and killing us with their junk food.

-Hey... wait just a minute here... GOD (or nature for you atheists out there) is killing us. Yep... the moment we're born we are slowing being killed with old age, the sun's rays, etc...

Some people just aren't fit to use such things as large rocks, filled bathtubs, vehicles, samari swords, kitchen knives, pointy sticks, baseball bats, junk food, sunshine, or even just breathing in the air. O... M... G... !!! This is just horrible! Don't you see? We're ALL dying! Which means someone, or something is KILLING US ALL! Oh the humanity!!!

But I thought that we needed to ban and regulate guns for our own safety and for "the children"? If that's so, why isn't there a law about how full we can fill the tub? Or how large the rocks can be that we have access too?

Hmmm... could it be because the over-regulation and eventual banning of firearms is REALLY for ONE reason -- to DISARM the common American and thereby obtain unchallenged power to remove their freedoms and their voice? Could it be because the Freedom of Speech means NOTHING without the POWER to make sure Big Brother doesn't take it away? And that power IS the 2nd Ammendment?

I challenge any of the D.U. lurkers or gun-grabber types to admit to the above. To admit to THE TRUTH. It's NOT for "the children". And it's NOT for public safety. If it were then the rest of the dangers in society would be as tightly regulated as firearms are. Somebody tell the truth here!

(Unfortunately, I realize that I am preaching to the choir here... I should post this over at D.U.)
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm... ...Could it be because the Freedom of Speech means NOTHING without the POWER to make sure Big Brother doesn't take it away? And that power IS the 2nd Ammendment?

snip...

...I should post this over at D.U.)
View Quote

Good idea!

See if they understand that their right to say what they want (what they believe) is protected by men with guns (the police)

Post a DU link...

Pissing them off is like making teenagers depressed, oh wait...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top