Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2003 8:36:18 AM EDT
A deal came along yesterday I just could not pass up on.  A buddy was selling his Bushmaster AR15 16" barrel with AK74 brake on it.  He purchased it in Nov last year.  I bought the rifle, (2) 30 round USGI mags and 500 rounds of American Eagle .223 for $650.00.  I just couldnt pass up the deal.  That now makes 3 Ar's in my family.  The others are a Bushmaster DCM model and the LEGP from last year.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good deal to me.

They are SO addictive because they are SO FUN and SO ACCURATE! I took a coworker to the range several weeks ago. I had taken her once with pistols, and once with mixed pistols and rifles. This time we were there to shoot my 20" Bushy. She has been hearing me rave about it since January and I finally succeeded in getting her to try it. She LOVED it! She shot as many rounds as I did that day. As as stated before, she has only been to the range twice before. But with the AR I decided not to set up any targets at 100 and 200 yards. I just told her to aim at the lead gongs at 300 yards. Within the first 5 shots I had her hitting them 75% of the time from then on. THAT my friend is why AR's are so darn addictive! The hardest part of the deal was getting her to use the iron sights right. She could be deadly out to 300 yards in a combat situation after only firing 5 rounds through the thing. THAT is the mark of a good gun. And the fact that she didn't go sit in the truck after a while from boredom proves how fun it is. I told her she needs her own M4gery to fit her size. Haven't got her convinced of that yet though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#2]
That was a hell of a deal. I'm happy I wasn't offered something similar, or I would be out $650. Damn those black evil things are addictive, if not to own several, at least to shoot. My Kimber is getting jealous, she only gets used at IDPA and steel shoots, for fooling around at the range my 20" sees all the action these days.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]
BECAUSE ITS SO FUN.

IMHO to change peoples minds on gun control all you need to do is take them shooting.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
It's one thing to shoot ARs.  Just don't go hardcore and start smoking them or injecting them into a vein. [;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top