Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2001 12:53:56 AM EDT
Thursday I was shooting with my P99 in 9 IMI. After 20 rounds I got a jam (probably due to limp wristing). I cleared it racking the slide (And chambering the last round... at range we are not allowed to put more than five rounds in the mag...) and (pointing to the target) I released the magazine.
I put down the gun (ALWAYS pointing to the target)and I was checking the tip of the bullet to see if I can put back in the magazine and finish to shoot this 5 rnd series, when one of the range officer came after me saying that I couldn't keep my gun like that. Notice that nobody called to check the targets. When a target control is called, all the guns must have no mag inside and the slide/drum must be OPEN, and nobody can approach the firing line.
Before I could answer anything, he took my gun and, POINTING THE MUZZLE TOWARD THE SHOOTER AT THE LEFT, he racked the slide ejecting the cartridge. I made him to notice that maybe I was wrong in lefting the gun with a round chambered for a while, but the this he was doing was very very dangerous. He replyied that he knew what he was doing. I said, in my turn, that I was sure that I was doing something that if done by somebody else can cause this last one to be KICKED OUT of the range.

Don't want to flame range officer, most of them are very professional, but I would like to know if my disappointment was justified or not...

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 12:59:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Im a full time RO at a local range. And i think this guy should be reported. Justifying that he can point a LOADED gun at someone because he KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING is BS. I couldnt tell you how many LEO's i yell at and hear the same thing from, Next thing they see is the Big orange sign above our door on their way out.

Safety is not FLEXIBLE regardless of who you are.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 1:01:29 AM EDT
[#2]
That dangerous range officer is an idiot!

Not to mention a liability.

Hey PaoloAR15-

Do you happen to know if the P990 encompassing the new trigger system is going to made in military green?

Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:29:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Heck, I almost got shot by a Sheriff's deputy at the range while showing her a couple of duty weapons for purchase. If that wasn't enough, the next day after her purchase she shows up at my door, in uniform, gun in the air, asking me to help her with a jamb.  True story.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:35:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Ken,

It's obvious she is after you--she wants you man.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top