Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 5:32:48 PM EDT
It's refreshing to see someone willing to say what he means and means what he says.

The world would be a better place if more people would stop dicking around and call things as they see them.

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,86795,00.html[/url]

Potshots From a Hypocrite

Wednesday, May 14, 2003
By Neil Cavuto

Since no good deed goes unpunished, leave it to The New York Times to take a shot at me. Not The Times itself, but columnist Paul Krugman, who blasts me for my apparent blatant partisanship.

He writes:

"Neil Cavuto of Fox News is an anchor, not a commentator. Yet after Baghdad's fall he told ‘those who opposed the liberation of Iraq’ -- a large minority -- that ‘you were sickening then; you are sickening now.’"

First off, Mr. Krugman, let me correct you: I'm a host and a commentator, just like you no doubt call yourself a journalist and a columnist. So my sharing my opinions is a bad thing, but you spouting off yours is not?

Exactly who's the hypocrite, Mr. Krugman? Me, for expressing my views in a designated segment at the end of the show? Or you, for not so cleverly masking your own biases against the war in a cheaply written column?

You're as phony as you are unprofessional. And you have the nerve to criticize me, or Fox News, and by extension, News Corporation?

Look, I'd much rather put my cards on the table and let people know where I stand in a clear editorial, than insidiously imply it in what's supposed to be a straight news story. And by the way, you sanctimonious twit, no one -- no one -- tells me what to say. I say it. And I write it. And no one lectures me on it. Save you, you pretentious charlatan.

Let me see if I have this right, Mr. Krugman. Journalists who opposed this war are OK. Those who support it are not. Says who? You?

I'm less of a journalist because I was in favor of this war, but you're more of a journalist because you were not? You imply that by being in favor of this war, I'm pandering, and by extension, my company is pandering to the White House.

Nowhere does it ever occur to you, one can legitimately not agree with you. That doesn't make me less of a journalist. But, Mr. Krugman, it does make you more of an ass. Here's the difference: You insinuated it, I just said it.

Now may I suggest you take your column and shove it?

[LOL]

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Da,da, damn.  That is straightforward and to the point.  Not many celebrities will be that blunt.  I like it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Cavuto is far and away my favorite commentator.  His was the best coverage on 9/11 bar none.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I could be that blunt, and would have a real problem stopping after I started. And  I would get fired the night of my first show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top