Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 1:57:10 PM EDT
I recently ordered some Calvary Arms Coyote Brown furniture from Coal Creek Armory for my RRA M-Forgery .  Cost was $72.00 including $5 shipping.

Got it in about a week.  Very high quality.  Very happy with Coal Creek's service.

What do you think?
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11983[/img]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
They really look great!
What makes them costs $72 though?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Good question.

Prices were:

Ergo grip - $27
C4 Handguards - $40
Shipping - $5

Reasonable?  I don't know.

But I wanted some.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Come on, guys.  Can't anybody besides good old M4_Aiming_at_U give me a "That's nice"?

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:36:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]
And the place that could've saved you $12:
View Quote

Oh great.  Now you tell me.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got green Cav Arms Ergo AmbiGrip and M4 handguards on my MT6731 with ARFX stock and they look and feel great.

I was going to stick with black for my Bushy LW project but after seeing the coyote brown stuff, I think I'll go that route.

Now, what do I do with the black AmbiGrip that's already installed?

I guess I'll have to pick up another lower at some point...I'd hate to see a perfectly good grip go to waste....
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:39:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
...Now, what do I do with the black AmbiGrip that's already installed?

I guess I'll have to pick up another lower at some point...I'd hate to see a perfectly good grip go to waste....
View Quote

Looks like you've got the same sickness as me.
If I've got just a barrel, or a bare upper, or a few other parts sitting around, it'll drive me crazy if I don't round up everything else I need to complete the "project" within a couple weeks. I've got parts that I'm literally hiding from myself so that I don't blow my budget on more parts.

View Quote

Great...

Thanks for reminding me that I have a brand new upper receiver stashed in my parts box!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Painless, I got to tell ya, I like it, BUT, I think it would look better if the stock matched the handguards.

JMHO
YMMV
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:06:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well I think it looks [b]Fantastic![/b]

You'll be able to get a matching tel-stock (M4 type) in about a week...
View Quote

Does this mean that you'll be offering an enhanced M4 stock soon?  'Cause it looked to me like the writer was sticking with the improved stock not for color but comfort.

If you don't have the "enhanced" M4 stock on the back burners, will you ever?

I'd love an all OD furniture set, but just got the Colt Enhanced M4 stock and can't go back to the old one.

PS  I just received a CavArms M4 handguard set and they are of excellent quality.  If I didn't have an old A1 stock for my postban, I'd have a CavArms A1 on that rifle.  M4 handguards there eventually as well as Ergo-grips all around.  More orders from me can be expected!  Thanks guys!

Now get to work on that enhanced M4 stock!  [:D]

EDITED to add:  
Come on, guys. Can't anybody besides good old M4_Aiming_at_U give me a "That's nice"?
View Quote

That's nice!  Really, I like it!  [:)]

But too bad you can't have a matching stock.  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:36:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the compliments!

Actually, I considered a matching stock, but decided against it.  I thought the black, fake stock that was already on the rifle would look kind of neat with the new furniture.  And I like how it came out.

As my old Dad used to say, "It's like what the guy said that kissed the cow, 'Everybody to their own notion'".
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:13:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:24:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Woohoo!!  Looks like CavArms DOES have a new style M4 stock coming out!  Someone, please post pics of this thing ASAP!!

Anyone know if the "M4/SOCOM" stock will mimic the RRA, enhanced Colt, or Crane stocks?  More info please!!

(All this after I just bought a set of black M4 handguards to match my new Colt enhanced M4 stock....)

[url]www.cavalryarms.com[/url]

Tele-Stocks w/ Hardware (plunger and spring):
Tele-stock for use on pre ban rifles.  Number of positions is determined by the buffer/tele-stock tube extension it is placed on.  Check with ATF regarding use of fixed tele-stocks on post-ban rifles, and approved methods of permanently affixing them open.

Black, Green, Tan $35.00
Coyote Brown, Grey, Blue, Yellow $40.00
Purple, Pink, Red $P.O.R.

For complete tele-stock assembly add $40.00.  Includes carbine buffer, spring, tele-stock buffer extension, and necessary hardware.

M4/SOCOM Tele-Stock:

Black, Green, Tan $40.00
Coyote Brown, Grey, Blue, Yellow $45.00

For complete buttstock assembly add $40.00.  Includes buffer extension (4 Position), buffer, buffer spring, and sling swivel.

C1 Buttstock

The C1 is an A1 length (5/8" shorter than an A2 stock) fixed buttstock.  The shorter length of pull makes it well suited for use with heavy clothing, body armor, and by shooters of smaller stature.  Many also prefer it because it allows the shooter to more easily assume a "nose to the charging handle" cheek weld"

The C1 has a larger trap door compartment than that of other AR15 buttstocks, because the buffer tube channel and trap door compartment are formed in the mold.  The sling swivel can be offset to either left or right in addition to straight down.

The C1 is injection molded from glass filled nylon 6, and comes with buttplate, trap door, and shorter screw.

Black, Green, Tan $40.00
Coyote Brown, Grey, Blue, Yellow $45.00

For complete buttstock assembly add $40.00.  Includes buffer tube, buffer, buffer spring, sling swivel and screw.

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:02:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, I visited your forum after posting this morning.  Unfortunately, I ran out of time and wasn't able to get back to this thread.

I'll post my question over there.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That looks really good! So good in fact that I picked up the entire Coyote Brown kit for myself as well from Coal Creek. Juggernaut is the man.

View Quote

Glad you like it- it could have come faster, but we were waiting to recieve the handguards. I really do appreciate the kind comments, though, I take customer service to be a point of personal pride with me.

As far as prices go, our prices on the Cav Arms items are at our contractually obligated minimum price, everyday.

J.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top