Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 12:41:09 PM EDT
[banghead] I just spent over an hour debating whether or not the ceiling fans in our house rotate clockwise or counterclockwise. I contend that you look up at the fan, aligning your nose with it's axis of rotation. Above your head is the twelve'o'clock position. Off to your right ear is the three'o'clock position. The blades on the fan move from my right ear towards the top of my head. I call this counterclockwise.

On top of this, my fiance's mom is convinced that I mastermind plots against her that my fiance goes along with in order to hurt her. Now, my mom thinks that I have changed and that my fiance and I plot things against her.

It seems like everyone and their dog is complaining that the tuxedo I specified for the wedding is $140 instead of $90.

I'm mad! I'm mad! I'm mad! [furious]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#1]
In which direction does your toilet flush?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:45:37 PM EDT
[#2]
SO... need any help with that blunt object pummeling yet??

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You should...

...put down the crack pipe.
...have a beer or fourteen.
...get cozy with your fiancée.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Down, one would hope :P
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
<------is 7 degrees south of the equator...mine flushes counter-clockwise [;D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
[banghead] I just spent over an hour debating whether or not the ceiling fans in our house rotate clockwise or counterclockwise. I contend [furious]
View Quote

IMHO, you could have saved yourself 59 minutes and a lot of frustration by taking the "looking down from the ceiling" viewpoint and agreeing with the other person.

Don't get me wrong, I know that's easy to say;  no, I don't usually practice what I preach, and I've participated in more silly arguments than I care to admit.

The important thing is not "tastes great vs. less filling" but just to know that you're understood.  It really gets my goat when someone is purposely just not understanding what I'm trying to say, I just can't let it go, and usually that would be the right thing to do.

My $0.02 worth
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
<------is 7 degrees south of the equator...mine flushes counter-clockwise [;D]
View Quote

I read that that was all just a big myth, and that you could prove it by looking at several different toilets. Apparantly it has more to do with slight variations in the bowel design that which side of the equator you're on.

Edited to change "RTR" to "RLR" and to add the relevent snopes.com link:
[url]http://www.snopes.com/science/coriolis.htm[/url]

RLR, your post made me laugh. I enjoyed that after this mornings events. Thanks. Thanks to all who responded!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:43:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Apparantly it has more to do with slight variations in the bowel design that which side of the equator you're on.
View Quote

Are you trying to say that the people on the other side of the equator have a different bowel design than we up here?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#10]
$140 for a tux rental?  If you shop carefully, you can buy a nice suit for that price.  I did pay much more than that for one from the local Hart Shaffner & Marx store when it was 2/3 off.  I bet after that expense, they're going to skimp on your bachelor party.  It serves you right [;)].z
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:07:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Apparantly it has more to do with slight variations in the bowel design that which side of the equator you're on.
View Quote

Are you trying to say that the people on the other side of the equator have a different bowel design than we up here?
View Quote

I would go so far as to say that not only do bowel variations exist "down there," but that they exist in our very own country! Check out that snopes article above.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
$140 for a tux rental?  If you shop carefully, you can buy a nice suit for that price.  I did pay much more than that for one from the local Hart Shaffner & Marx store when it was 2/3 off.  I bet after that expense, they're going to skimp on your bachelor party.  It serves you right [;)].z
View Quote

All I think tha tI want for my bachelor party is ammo. I'm planning on celebrating it at the Hun farm!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:15:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would go so far as to say that not only do bowel variations exist "down there," but that they exist in our very own country! Check out that snopes article above.
View Quote

Bowl:
[img]http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/images/mind/disgust/morescience_disgust/toilet.jpg[/img]

Bowel:
[img]http://www.pathguy.com/bowelobs.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:33:25 PM EDT
[#14]
HAHA, I thought that that didn't look right. I actually typed "bowl" at one point, and thought to myself, "No, that's how you spell it if you're going bowling. It needs to have an 'e' if you're talking about a toilet." Thanks for the spelling lesson!

BTW, where did you get that great bowel picture? That's impressive!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top