Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 11:48:06 AM EDT
I want a new "cool" stock for my post-ban carbine. I am stuck between the ARFX Skeleton buttstock and the ACE Ultra Lite Buttstock. Do any of you have expereince with these stocks? Are they strong? Durable? Comfortable?

[img]http://www.del-ton.com/Buttstocks_img/Post_Ban/acewith.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.del-ton.com/Buttstocks_img/Post_Ban/AceLWwith.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one of the skeleton stockas and one of the a shorty skeletons.  I haven't tried the ultralight model.

They seem sturdy and reasonably comfortable, but a lot of people have had complaints about the neoprene sleaves not holding up well.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
How does it look with the neoprene sleeve left off? Is the buffer tube exposed?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Several here have not used the foam pad, but instead have wrapped it in paracord.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

That sounds cool.

I'd like to see that...

Shawn
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Just installed the skeleton on a 16in carbine about 30mins ago. If it performs 1/2 as good as it looks I will be VERY pleased! I already had the tube and spring...bought just the stock from DEL-TON...great price, great service and FAST SHIPPING!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That sounds cool.

I'd like to see that...
View Quote
There are a few threads discussing this that include pictures and instructions.  They are all in the AR15 forums, where this thread should have been in the first place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top