Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 10:05:15 AM EDT
Check it out!

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:11:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Never trust the media!!!

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
cmon, when you say that you are obliged to give a hotlink.....

[url=http://www.bushmaster.com/]STATEMENT[/url]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry... just wanted to get it in fast!

[url]www.bushmaster.com[url/]

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#4]
[url]bushmaster[url/]

I'll try again!

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:14:11 AM EDT
[#5]
It won't recoginize the first few letters!

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#6]
What????

A "journalist" distorting what someone said to advance their own agenda?

Nah. That NEVER happens.

Kudos to Bushmaster for setting the record straight.

SG
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#7]
[url]www.bushmaster.com[/url]

[:D]

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:19:01 AM EDT
[#8]
NON-Kudos to some Arfcom members for jumping on Bushmaster's ass immediately.

Bad gunowner BAD!  [stick]

[:D]  At least that was cleared up quickly!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Typical of some of the members here jumping to conclusions.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#11]
As much as I like the fact that they responded promptly, I would like to hear a STRONGER statement from Bushmaster, stating explicitly that they support an END to the AWB.

It sounds to me like they're saying a couple generic pro gun statements, and not actuallly directly addressing the issue.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#12]
[b]  Bushmaster Responds[/b]

Bushmaster Firearms has always been a proud and strong supporter of the Second Amendment and an individuals right to access, own and use firearms. Bushmaster has fought the anti-gun movement continually in their constant efforts to eliminate firearms from our society. We have committed a great deal of our resources to support this effort and will continue to do so.

Unfortunately, the anti-gun movement finds a great deal of favor in much of the press with their bias and slanted reporting. Bushmaster has always tried to be open and honest with the press in an effort to help them see the other side and to educate them on the real issues. Often the real story is left out or slanted in an attempt to feed the anti-gun agenda.

In a May 14th article in a local newspaper, regarding the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and its sunset provision, the reporter took totally out of context what Mr. Faraday said and slanted the article in a way that made it appear that Bushmaster was in support of extending the Ban. One of the quotes that was taken out of context and was incomplete was "From our point of view, extending the ban is probably OK, in terms of affecting our sales, but we have always supported legislation protecting gun rights, including the Assault Weapons Ban sunset provision." The reporter asked how Bushmaster dealt with the ban in the first place and how we were able to continue our business. The quote that we would consider supporting the bill that would strengthen the current Assault Weapons Ban law was totally mischaracterized. The discussion was about how far apart the pro-gun groups and the anti-gun groups are in trying to understand each other, and that if the anti-gun groups would propose ideas or suggestions that made sense, then we would consider them, but instead their entire effort is to shutdown the industry.

The firearms industry's ongoing battle with the well-financed anti-gun groups creates an atmosphere of absolute non-understanding and non-compromise on both sides. From the point of view of the firearms industry, it has become an issue of survival. As long as the press continues to distort and slant the issues, and the anti-gun groups are determined to destroy the industry, then there never will be any meaningful discussion of the issues.

Contact Information
Here you will find all our telephone numbers and Email contacts.

Telephones
For Sales, Pre-sales and Technical Questions, please call:
Sales Department: 1-800-998-7928
       Mon. through Fri. 8:30 am - 7:00 pm
       Sat. 10:00am - 3:00 pm.
Eastern Standard Time

For Product Availability, Order Status, Tracking Numbers  
         Customer Service: 1-800-883-6229
Mon. through Fri. 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Email: [email protected]
FAX
1-207-892-8068

Address for UPS Packages
Bushmaster Firearms, Inc.
999 Roosevelt Trail
Windham, ME  04062

Address for all other Mail
Bushmaster Firearms, Inc.
P.O. Box 1479
Windham, ME 04062

Electronic Mail
Law Enforcement: [email protected]
Technical Support: [email protected]
Customer Service: [email protected]
Company Information: [email protected]
Webmaster: [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#13]
My brother in law used to work for the Portland Press Herald as a senior business reporter.  He left when his editor told him to RADICALLY change his stories to a HIGHLY biased editorial policy.  He was vividly confronted with the fact that the media is extremely biased toward liberal politics and will ignore facts and parts of interviews that do not support their pre-ordained positions.

He left the paper to start his own publishing company and never looked back.

Bushmaster never said what they are reported as having said and the Portland Press Herald will never admit that until a lawyer drops a lawsuit on the publisher's desk.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#14]
As an aside:  If you are ever compelled to speak to a reporter on anything at all controversial, or on a subject that could affect your business or credibility, RECORD the interview for your own records. This way you can PROVE if your remarks are mis-characterized or twisted.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As much as I like the fact that they responded promptly, I would like to hear a STRONGER statement from Bushmaster, stating explicitly that they support an END to the AWB.

It sounds to me like they're saying a couple generic pro gun statements, and not actuallly directly addressing the issue.
View Quote

How much stronger to they need to be? They came right out and said it!

Originally quoted by Bushmaster:
we have always supported legislation protecting gun rights, including the Assault Weapons Ban sunset provision.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Contrast this quick, prominant, direct responce with Glock.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How much stronger to they need to be? They came right out and said it!

Originally quoted by Bushmaster:
we have always supported legislation protecting gun rights, including the Assault Weapons Ban sunset provision.
View Quote
View Quote

Ah; you are correct. So much better if it had worked into its own paragraph, for clarity's sake.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Contrast this quick, prominant, direct responce with Glock.
View Quote

You know, I was thinking that EXACT same thing...

SG
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#19]
One of the quotes that was taken out of context and was incomplete was "From our point of view, extending the ban is probably OK, in terms of affecting our sales, but we have always supported legislation protecting gun rights, including the Assault Weapons Ban sunset provision."
View Quote

While I think that these spokespersons need to be aware that the liberal media use soundbites  and partial quotes, I do accept their explanation. Although they could have chosen better wording for their statement, so it could not have been cut.

Rule #1

DO NOT GIVE LIBERALS AN INCH, CAUSE THEY WILL TAKE A KILOMETER!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
One of the quotes that was taken out of context and was incomplete was "From our point of view, extending the ban is probably OK, in terms of affecting our sales, but we have always supported legislation protecting gun rights, including the Assault Weapons Ban sunset provision."
View Quote

While I think that these spokespersons need to be aware that the liberal media use soundbites  and partial quotes, I do accept their explanation. Although they could have chosen better wording for their statement, so it could not have been cut.

Rule #1

DO NOT GIVE LIBERALS AN INCH, CAUSE THEY WILL TAKE A KILOMETER!
View Quote

Dave, you're mixing units there.  That should read "DO NOT GIVE LIBERALS 2.54 CENTIMETERS, CAUSE THEY WILL TAKE A KILOMETER!" [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top