Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2001 9:51:11 PM EDT
If any of you other Soprano fans want to see Ralphie get capped. Go see the movie, "Memento".
He gets blown away.
Of course a warning, if you do not like your head messed up, do not see this movie. My head still hurts from all the double shifts my brain had to do during that movie.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:04:20 AM EDT
[#1]
OK, a terminology issue arises......Who originated the use of "capped" to mean killed?

"Whacked" makes sense.

But my understanding was that "capped" meant a shot to the kneecap, which the IRA has done & I think it was in that context I heard this.

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:13:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I kinda like 'ole Ralphie. Except when he offed that 'hoe at the night club. Tony was mad enough to whack him then. HBO definitley has a winner with this show. Very well done.
Best Ralphie quote;(when Jamie asks advise for gun)
"Me, when I need a gun, I like to know the motherf**ker works"
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it refers to putting the headstone on the grave, "capped."

Ralphie 'aint goin no where fast, he signed a 2 year contract with the Sopranos, so he's in for the long haul.

Can't wait until tomorrow night!
Link Posted: 4/28/2001 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought capped was the person who got popped with the cap.  Like the bang of a cap gun.  I popped a cap in him, He got capped.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top