Posted: 5/12/2003 10:46:35 PM EDT
who would win if these two guys got into a fist
fight with each other? [buttkick]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#1]
A very strong guy versus a skinny guy?  Gee, who do you think?z
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Their bodyguards would shoot each other.  But since Norris actually knows how to fight, as opposed to just knowing how to lift a lot of weights, I'd say he'd win.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol zoom, size doesn't matter.  Chuck is very good with martial art's, he would kick "I'll be back"'s ass!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Arnold would rip Norris apart.[lifter]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:56:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

lol zoom, size doesn't matter.  Chuck is very good with martial art's, he would kick "I'll be back"'s ass!
View Quote

[BS2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol, as Raven stated NME, Chuck actually knows how to fight as oppossed to just lifting weight's.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

[BS2]
View Quote

Fool!  Your Kung Fu is not strong!
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Chuck Norris, hands down.

[img]images.amazon.com/images/P/0792846850.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:01:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey, if Norris tried one of those bitchy kicks on Arnold, he'd catch his leg and slam him against the wall.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hey, if Norris tried one of those bitchy kicks on Arnold, he'd catch his leg and slam him against the wall.
View Quote

By the time Arnold figured out he had actually been kicked chuck would have kicked him 2 or 3 more time's [:P]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#11]
both guys in there prime ....CHUCK
hes got the moves and the speed to avoid any power punchs that arnold could do, if he could do any.
chuck is a 2 time martial arts champ.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I vote for Chuck Norris, he has better fighting
skills, he would probably take old Arnold down
real fast. [B)]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:08:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw Chuck a few years back, and his knees are shot, so my vote is with Arnold.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#14]
I got to go with the big guy here, I have on numerous occasions tried to hold my own against the big guys and I usually get thrown around it is too easy for them to just grab ya.

2 tactics that work, rush inside and get alot of cheap gutshots, and wrestle around and go low big guys get tired quick.

any other advice?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:48:43 PM EDT
[#15]
It depend on how much actual fighting Arnold has done.  If you've never been hit it the face its not an experience I'd recommend.  Anyone here ever been suckerpunched?  I've seen big guys get their heads handed to them by smaller guys who didn't wait around to see who was going to throw the first punch.
(The first time I saw it cured me of putting my hands in my pockets)
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:01:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I got to go with the big guy here, I have on numerous occasions tried to hold my own against the big guys and I usually get thrown around it is too easy for them to just grab ya.

2 tactics that work, rush inside and get alot of cheap gutshots, and wrestle around and go low big guys get tired quick.

any other advice?
View Quote

Exactly. But not all of us get tired quick.
I've got better endurance than most little beeyotches do...

By the time Arnold figured out he had actually been kicked chuck would have kicked him 2 or 3 more time's

View Quote

Yeah, that's cause those little flippy bitch kicks don't do shit...
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
who would win if these two guys got into a fist
fight with each other? [buttkick]
View Quote

Obviously the inquiry of a mature mind.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 1:21:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Chuck Norris, hands down, and maybe w/ one behind his back.  Arnold is probably stonger as far as muscle to weight ratio, but Norris has actual know how, and not just hollywood stunt training.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:02:26 AM EDT
[#19]
If they were the same age, I'd go with Chuck.  He's a multiple world champion in martial arts.  Today, considering the fact that he's in his 60s, I'd say Arnold would probably prevail, but he'd know he was in a fight when it was over!
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:13:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If they were the same age, I'd go with Chuck.  He's a multiple world champion in martial arts.  Today, considering the fact that he's in his 60s, I'd say Arnold would probably prevail, but he'd know he was in a fight when it was over!
View Quote

Arnold is no spring chicken either.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:19:17 AM EDT
[#21]
chuck hands down.  i get a kick outa these big guys that think they are a force to be reckoned w/ just because they have some mass. [ROFL] tell Royce Gracy you have to be big to be tough.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:22:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I saw Chuck a few years back, and his knees are shot, so my vote is with Arnold.
View Quote

Arnold's got a bad pump. My vote goes to the former world middle weight Karate Champion 6 years in a row (retired undefeated), an 8th degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do (the first Westerner in the 4,500 year tradition) and a black belt in Tang Soo Do. That would be Chuck Norris. Chucks motto for this fight; Austrians are like billiard balls, the harder you hit them, the better the english.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 3:36:30 AM EDT
[#23]
I have to give the nod to Chuck because of his martial arts skills.  Here's a bit of trivia: Did you know that they're both only 5'2" tall?  Just kidding.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:20:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:28:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Wasent Arnold in the Austrian army?

I vote for Arnold
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#26]
You have to go with Chuck.  He'd start singing that "Walker" theme song and Arnold would knock himself out to avoid having to listen to it. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wasent Arnold in the Austrian army?

I vote for Arnold
View Quote

yes Arnold was a "truck driver" in the Austrian Army for 2 years. [lifter]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#28]
IIRC Arnold went AWOL to compete in a bodybuilding match too.

Bruce Lee would stomp either one.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
chuck hands down.  i get a kick outa these big guys that think they are a force to be reckoned w/ just because they have some mass. [ROFL] tell Royce Gracy you have to be big to be tough.
View Quote

Actually Chuck knows all about that. He is a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Carlos Machado.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:11:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Norris.

He may seem like a goof, but he is an accomplished (albeit old) martial artist.

He was not in Bruce Lee's movies as a prop. He earned those roles.

--LS
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Chuck would whip his ass.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:58:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll go with Arnold.
Mainly because a few years ago, I saw Norris on the Tonight Show. He stated that he could have taken Bruce Lee, no problem.

Gutless bastard. [:(!]
With all of his martial art skills, he still didn't have the balls to say that when Bruce was still alive!!

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#33]
ARNOLD - he is still in really great shape for his age. Chuck is just gettin a little too old.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:25:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Is this a serious question?

Ok.  Arnold.  Freaky physique and freaky strong in his prime (compared to many bodybuilders, Arnold had genuine ape-like strength).  Probably still pretty good with throwing some plate around.  

But come on.  Chuck is a bona fide [i]fighter[/i] not just a weight guy/strong man/movie star.  

What skills does Arnold have other than movie fighting?  None as far as we know.  

You don't spend your ENTIRE life in martial arts (and become a real champion) and not know something about handling really big guys.  

Even at 60+, [b]I[/b] would not mess with Chuck Norriss (nor at 70 or 80 for that matter).  Have you seen Chuck?  He's still in pretty good shape these days too.  

Chuck's skill and experience (and raw fighter instinct) would allow him to have Arnold begging for Maria's titty to soothe the pain.  

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh, and not Chuck, nor Arnold, nor Segal, or any other supposed martial arts guru could have taken Bruce Lee.  

Bruce Lee was the type of guy who would go out into the streets of Hong Kong looking for the baddest guys to fight just to prove HE was badder.  Bruce had tons of real life fight experience.

Bruce was only about 135lbs. toward the end of his life, but packed  power and strength.  Ever see his one-inch punch?  Amazing stuff.  

Bruce would have kicked both of their asses and been drinking a beer before they knew what hit them; he was THAT fast.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:58:13 PM EDT
[#36]
They are both getting pretty old ....

Walker Texas Ranger' s softcore action , made me forget about Chuck's true "bad-ass-ness"

Arnold is big but he  does not necessarily know how to fight... my vote in this stimulating intelectual conundrum will have to go fo the Chuck.....He manages even to look badass next to Lee Marvin...now that is bad ass

t

Gimme ten years , I'll probably be able to take ,em both
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:20:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 5:01:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Speaking of Bruce, if you haven't seen the movie "Dragon", find it.  It tells the story of his life, some of his real fights, his broken back & return, and the birth of JKD.  Excellent flick.

Who knows what he would have accomplished if he had lived longer?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:55:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Arnolds not that big just chiseled(6 2)225!

Chuck is 5 11 probly 180 or less!   But what he has forgotten about smashing a knee is more than Arnold will ever know!

My vote is for Norris, I think Arnold is a stand up guy though!

Bob [:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
A couple quick comments:

Arnold is a body builder/actor
Chuck is a Karate Champion/actor

I remember watching Norris compete and he's the Audie Murphy of that generation. Soft spoken as hell but damn could that guy fight and I don't mean acting for real.  He would kick Arnolds ass fast.

Due to my son's taking Karate, I got sucked into it late in life.  A couple observations I've made is age and size mean very little to trained fighters.  It was very common to watch a guy in his 50's kick the ass of guy 1/3 his age and twice his size even of the same belt ranking.  There is a lot to be said about experience and speed. The inverse is also true.

I've come to the conclusion that with skilled fighters attitude, experience, and speed will win out regardless of size or age.
View Quote

THIS is the correct answer.  That's all.  Lock the thread.  

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:23:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indeed
I have seen Norris on commercials lately with the 'cable gyms'...

Karate experience of not....

forgetaboutit....
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Actually Chuck knows all about that. He is a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Carlos Machado.
View Quote

Speaking of the Gracie family,  Ed O'Neil (aka Al Bundy/aka Joe Friday on the new Dragnet) Has studied Jiu Jitsu under the Gracie family for 10 years now.   That's unexpected.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#43]
These threads are fun, if not realistic.

Yeah, I agree that Chuck would most likely prevail in such a confrontation. Know-how and speed will best size and strength. From watching the Terminator-man, I suspect that he's pretty slow. So Chuck would have probably danced circles around him. But I still have a lot of respect for Arnold's strength.

I have a hard time taking Norris seriously with the Walker Texas Ranger deal fresh in my mind. He can't sing and his acting is even more questionable than Arnold's. But when it comes to Norris saying he could have beat Bruce Lee -- that is just ridiculous. Bruce Lee wasn't the God that some people make him out to be, but he was AWESOME. He was a fighter thru and thru. And pound for pound, there was no one stronger or faster. He was simply awesome. The only guy I've seen in the movies since Lee who looked even in the same bad-ass league, is Jackie Chan... just kidding (LOL), Jet Lii. He looks pretty badass. But I can't comment on his true street-fighting potential.

The guy who I thought had some serious potential was Bruce's son Brandon. The kid was FAST, he looked good, and he could act. He might have been a bigger action star than any of them (besides maybe Schwartzenagger).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top