Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 4:18:55 PM EDT
While at church yesterday, the pastor had an interesting story that he shared with the congregation.

Apparently, he attended a conference not too long ago. Quite a few people from abroad were there as well. One of the people the pastor met was from Nigeria.

According to the Nigerian (and not to cast that country in a bad light), there is quite a bit of what is considered demonic activity. At least there's enough where the man felt he could recognize the presence of evil.

So, the pastor asked the Nigerian gentleman if he ever felt the presence of evil in America. The Nigerian replied that, generally, there didn't seem to be as much (which surprised me).

However, there was one place where he did in no uncertain terms feel the presence of evil.

And where was that? the pastor asked.

Two men in the congregation answered in unison: "Nordstrom's!"

That got a big laugh. (However, the Nigerian did say that he sensed evil most in malls. Probably has to do with the overwhelming "it's all about me" trend in marketing and, thus, society in general.)
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Was the Nigerian guy trying to get you involved in a pyramid scheme?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#2]
So, he's saying Nigeria is like a big Nordstrom's?

I passed by Greenpeace's HQ building in Amsterdam.  Can't say the place felt evil, but the ugly, angry, hateful-looking Greenpeace woman taking her cigarette break outside sure did.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#3]
lots of evil in Democratic National Conventions too!  or so I heard.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:55:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, whenever I need to know how to solve a problem or learn about how we can improve America, I always ask a Nigerian. I mean, look how well things are going in Nigeria...

[BD]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, whenever I need to know how to solve a problem or learn about how we can improve America, I always ask a Nigerian. I mean, look how well things are going in Nigeria...

[BD]
View Quote

thats funny
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top