Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 1:55:37 PM EDT
First question is the same as in the Andrea Yates case-where was the father?
TYLER, Texas (May 12) - A woman accused of fatally beating two of her sons with rocks remains on a suicide watch Monday at Smith County Jail, where she was held in lieu of $3 million bond on capital murder and aggravated assault charges.

Deanna LaJune Laney, 38, is accused of killing Joshua Laney, 8, and Luke Laney, 6, and injuring their 14-month-old brother, Aaron. Aaron remained in critical condition early Monday at a Dallas Hospital.

Smith County Sheriff J.B. Smith said Laney called 911 on her cell phone early Saturday and calmly told the dispatcher, "I've killed my boys."

She reported that she had just ''bashed their heads in with a rock,'' according to Smith.

When they arrived at the home, sheriff's deputies found Joshua and Luke dead in the yard wearing only their underwear, large rocks on top of their bodies. Aaron was found in his crib with a pillow over his face, alive but bleeding.

Wearing bloodstained pajamas, Laney told the first deputy on the scene ''I had to'' when he took her into custody, according to an arrest affidavit obtained by the Tyler Morning Telegraph.

Smith said Laney acted erratically Sunday during interviews with investigators.

''Sometimes she is incoherent, sometimes she's in a fetal position and sobbing. Sometimes she's singing spiritual hymns or muttering about God and sometimes she has a flatliner (poker) face and not saying a thing during interviews,'' Smith said. ''But she has not spoken of the crime anymore. She said it all on the 911 tape. She said she had killed her children.''

Laney, he said, claimed that God ordered her to kill her sons.

The boys' deaths were announced Sunday to more than 200 members of the First Assembly of God Church, where Laney sang in the choir and her brother-in-law, Gary Bell, is the pastor.

Bell told his parishioners that he and his wife, Judy, would stand behind Laney.

''This was a brutal and horrific incident that has changed our lives (and will) for years to come,'' Bell said. ''But we all believe as a family that this wasn't our Dee that did this to her children.''

Another Texas woman, Andrea Yates of Houston, confessed to drowning her five children in a bathtub in June 2001 and was convicted of murder. The jury rejected defense pleas that Yates was innocent by reason of insanity. She was sentenced to life in prison and is not eligible for parole until 2041.

AP-NY-05-12-03 1249EDT

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.  All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Were those the evil bayonet-lug equipped "assault rocks?"

Damned shame.  Where [i]was[/i] Daddy?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Too bad god never tells these wackos to off themselves rather than the innocents.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
If she had been in England she probably would have used rocks to murder her kids instead of an assault rifle, oh, wait . . .
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
She put them on the planet she should be able to remove them.
GG
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#5]
We need an "Assault Moms Ban" [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:15:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Not surprising. Demonic possession appears to be more and more common these days.. [:D]
Interesting though, the number of Church attenders who seem to be susceptible...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Not surprising. Demonic possession appears to be more and more common these days.. [:D]
Interesting though, the number of Church attenders who seem to be susceptible...
View Quote

Yeah, funny how you so rarely hear about people who don't beleve in the supernatural getting messages from God or the Devil to kill people.

Do you think their might be a connection??
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Fucking sick bitch.
Put her ass in the same cell with yates and force those to witches to watch videos of their kids, 24/7, for the rest of their sick, pathetic lives.
Rot in hell cunts.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I went to a house fire one day a few years back where a lady took the box spring off of her bed, stood it up in her closet got the 2 small kids into the closet with her (after she set other end of the house on fire) she dropped the box spring to the floor so no one could open the door. That call still messes some of the guys at the station up. in the same time frame we had a guy that decided to take all of the kids in the house and play "spin the bottle" but he was useing a loaded revolver. Lucky for all of the kids, it landed on Dad first. unlucky for the kids that they got to watch dad blow his brains out. Lucky for me the sheriffs office show'd up before we got there, unlucky for me I had to take care of 3 little kids till we could get them some family to show up to help..

I really wish these people would just off themselves in the middle of the woods or something and leave the kids out of it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok, nut jobs they are out there , everyone knows it why the media has to report on everyone of them is beyond me, I am tired reading about them.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#11]
In Texas huh?
Maybe instead of calling everthing a 'Coke' and if you don't you'll get your ass kicked, maybe someone should be kicking the bejesus out of these psychobitches.  
Seriously, not saying it wont happen here in NY, but when it does you can sure of two things:
1.  They prosecution will seek the death penalty.
2.  The jury will feel sorry for her, and she will get life instead.

A convicted child killer in Rochester, NY was given life instead of death because the jury bought the "he had a bad life" sob story.

Bilster
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:33:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why is everyone pissed off.  It was just a post birth abortion.
View Quote
You dog.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, funny how you so rarely hear about people who don't beleve in the supernatural getting messages from God or the Devil to kill people.

Do you think their might be a connection??
View Quote
Oh... there's PLENTY of athiests who get "messages" to do evil things - but not from God. They just refuse to admit the true source.

Plenty of Jews, Christians, Buddhists, Hindis, Satanists, Wiccans - even Muslims get those messages too.

[V]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:58:44 PM EDT
[#16]
AT this very moment liberals across the nation are mourning the fact that she used a rock and not a gun.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#17]
And again, where is the husband? Where is these kids father?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top