Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2016 11:45:10 AM EDT
Anyone wear a knee brace for active activities? Any advice or suggestions on a knee brace for hiking would be much appreciated or just use a good ole' ace bandage.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, in AFTER Waldo

I would listen to the bionic hiker
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Custom made Donjoy here. Have your ortho doc get you fitted.
View Quote

Thanks! I'll check with a doc and see if they will do that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#4]
KT Tape changed my legs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Custom made Donjoy here. Have your ortho doc get you fitted.
View Quote

Do you have a torn ligament?  I've been told not to do any hiking that would put me in danger if my knee suddenly collapsed (torn ACL - unrepaired.)

I tore it 25 years ago, and it's been fine day to day.  I've only had a couple of incidents where my knee just gave out, and I'd like to have a brace that would eliminate that possibility if I was, say, climbing a narrow trail next to a big drop.

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Purchased one of these after I almost blew out my knee.  Wear it every day and it is very comfortable.  Considering it is a "hinged type" I can't believe how comfortable it is.  Great support to keep from both twisting the knee and it has a hyper-extension limit built in.  Best thing I've bought brace wise ever.

http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Doctor-Supporter-Bilateral-X-Large/dp/B0059MN72W?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

Link Posted: 4/24/2016 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Purchased one of these after I almost blew out my knee.  Wear it every day and it is very comfortable.  Considering it is a "hinged type" I can't believe how comfortable it is.  Great support to keep from both twisting the knee and it has a hyper-extension limit built in.  Best thing I've bought brace wise ever.

http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Doctor-Supporter-Bilateral-X-Large/dp/B0059MN72W?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81QekyYWYOL._SL1500_.jpg
View Quote

I've tried something like that in the past, I just cannot get used to wearing it just kept moving. 3 ace bandages are OK, bet they don't put when bending the knee.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top