Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2016 9:49:36 AM EDT
So the chick staying with me says she got a phone call from someone saying they wanted to lower her interest rate on her credit card, just "verify the cc number for him". Hats off to her for not falling for the ruse. But then she says the guy calls back a few minutes later from the same number and tried selling her something...so she told him off.

Why don't I get this stuff? Phone calls...nigerian emails....nothing....
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Well OP, you're an urban redneck.... Nobody believes that you have credit cards. But someone will be calling you shortly offering commemorative plates as investments...

Sorry, no offense, couldn't resist.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I got the same call.  Click.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to hate getting the calls.

Now I enjoy messing with them if I have nothing better to do because after a few minutes with me they remove my number from the call list.

"This is microsoft and your computer is reporting a problem"  and "this is the IRS" are going on right now.

I always tell them to hang on a second, we are slaughtering a cow right now and the damn thing is bleeding all over the place.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used to hate getting the calls.

Now I enjoy messing with them if I have nothing better to do because after a few minutes with me they remove my number from the call list.

"This is microsoft and your computer is reporting a problem"  and "this is the IRS" are going on right now.

I always tell them to hang on a second, we are slaughtering a cow right now and the damn thing is bleeding all over the place.
View Quote

Microsoft...Yeah, think she said that was the second call. Haha
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:19:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well OP, you're an urban redneck.... Nobody believes that you have credit cards. But someone will be calling you shortly offering commemorative plates as investments...

Sorry, no offense, couldn't resist.
View Quote

Commemorative plates and precious moments....Life Savings
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 10:31:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I messed with the fake IRS people this week. They got so tired of me calling they would just hang up or not answer. There were a few funny moments when they try to cuss you out, lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top