Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 8:32:55 PM EDT
leave the looping feature on or off?its also 1 2 3 minute looping.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is auto and starts looping when the SD card is full.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Mine is auto and starts looping when the SD card is full.

View Quote
Same here, and I have the largest card possible in there.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#4]
just bought mine.its says"with looping off  files will not be over written on the micro sd card.the duration of these recorded files will be around 10 minutes. meaning what?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

just bought mine.its says"with looping off  files will not be over written on the micro sd card.the duration of these recorded files will be around 10 minutes. meaning what?

View Quote

Meaning, it will record video files that are 10 minutes duration until the card is full, and then stop recording.

How large (how many GB) a card will your camera use?  That info should be in the specifications section of the manual.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Aim dash with a smarty cam or nothing......
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Meaning, it will record video files that are 10 minutes duration until the card is full, and then stop recording.

How large (how many GB) a card will your camera use?  That info should be in the specifications section of the manual.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going with a 32gb card.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:19:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, I also use a 32 gig card in my Cobra CDR-840, because it is the max it will accept.  

With that card, I get about 4 hours of recording before it starts to overwrite the oldest file.  

If you have a cam with a shock sensor, it will have the capacity to lock the file it is recording when an event happens, such as a collision, or if you push the little "Lock" button that most cameras have.

With that setup, there's no reason not to let it loop the recordings and run over the oldest files.

What brand and model of cam are you using?

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

OK, I also use a 32 gig card in my Cobra CDR-840, because it is the max it will accept.  

With that card, I get about 4 hours of recording before it starts to overwrite the oldest file.  

If you have a cam with a shock sensor, it will have the capacity to lock the file it is recording when an event happens, such as a collision, or if you push the little "Lock" button that most cameras have.

With that setup, there's no reason not to let it loop the recordings and run over the oldest files.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

uniden 250.entry level stuff.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is actually a really nice camera, with good specs.  It should serve you well, and without breaking the bank.  

Uniden is one of the big names in the mobile electronics biz, so any warranty issues should be handled well, if it comes to that.  

I think you probably chose well.

Putting this in your work truck, or POV?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:31:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That is actually a really nice camera, with good specs.  It should serve you well, and without breaking the bank.  

Uniden is one of the big names in the mobile electronics biz, so any warranty issues should be handled well, if it comes to that.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

company dumptruck
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I want one. Witnessed a road rage episoid and two near-miss accidents in Orlando today.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

company dumptruck

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

company dumptruck

Cheap insurance to cut through the he-said-she-said that sometimes happens after an accident.

Good job.

Anymore, when I'm in a car without, I feel very uneasy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:34:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I want one. Witnessed a road rage episoid and two near-miss accidents in Orlando today.
View Quote

ive had two close calls in two weeks.people are not paying attention.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Check with your state laws that dash cam video is able to be used in court.otherwise it only good for YouTube and social media...
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:40:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Check with your state laws that dash cam video is able to be used in court.otherwise it only good for YouTube and social media...
View Quote

your kidding.video don't lie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top