Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/23/2016 7:52:55 PM EDT
A guy I am acquainted with via another ARFCOMMER just posted this elsewhere, and it made my heart happy:

"So no shit, I just spent 90 minutes here at the gunshow with an ATF Special Agent and 3 members of the Houston Police Department's bomb squad; explaining to them that despite their certainly that pipebombs are always illegal, they are indeed legal if registered under the NFA. Of course none of my supposed noble comrades Tom, Simon, or Matthw bothered to take a picture, thanks a lot you blue falcons.

Aside from one HPD guy who got all worked up, and told me I'm going to jail, and said he's going to get a warrant to search my house and business premises; everyone else gave me the dick-on-forehead look, but was pretty chill.
After an hour of calling everyone they could, apparently they got a hold of the HMFIC at NFA branch on the weekend and he told them that yes, you can legally register a pipebomb as a Destructive Device. After they all took pictures of my pipebombs and claymore, we all laughed that it was pretty funny, shook hands, and went our separate ways.
Texas Machine Gun & Ordnance's first gunshow to ever be at, and we get all kinds of attention from the po-po."

Pure.  Winning.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics of what you snagged?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#2]
That cop sounds like a fun guy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny to us but wait till the liberal media finds out or someone sends them a pic of that booth. These people already think you can buy full auto and just walk out of fun shows with whatever you want no questions asked. Wait until they see pipe bombs and cocktails for sale. Legal or not these fuckin ghouls will be frothing  at the mouth to report it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
That doesn't sound like fun

Buy and register a destructive device , blow up pipe bomb, submit more paperwork.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:02:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics of what you snagged?
View Quote

Oh no, I'm not there right now.  I am in Georgia.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:03:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Funny to us but wait till the liberal media finds out or someone sends them a pic of that booth. These people already think you can buy full auto and just walk out of fun shows with whatever you want no questions asked. Wait until they see pipe bombs and cocktails for sale. Legal or not these fuckin ghouls will be frothing  at the mouth to report it.
View Quote

Wait til actual live RPGs start being a regular item at gunshows, or M203s become more popular.  It is coming...
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Csb
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:04:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a great marketing strategy to get traffic to your table at your first gunshow.  I would bet the whole thing was just a marketing gimmick that worked out great lol
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sounds like a great marketing strategy to get traffic to your table at your first gunshow.  I would bet the whole thing was just a marketing gimmick that worked out great lol
View Quote

There was some stuff posted a few days ago which lead to their facebook page.  They've got pictures and supposedly videos (I didn't look for them) of them  blowing stuff up w/ pipebombs.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can assure you, the dude intends to focus on DDs...including recoilless rifles, mortars, grenade launchers, claymores, and whatever else he can provide that is rare or niche.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:14:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

HPD guy who got all worked up, and told me I'm going to jail, and said he's going to get a warrant to search my house and business premises]
View Quote

and what did he do when you were in the clear???
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Where's that Arfcomer that built and registered that frag grenade?  
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How many pipe bombs did he register and how did he come to posses a claymore?  Registered or not, don't see that one being easily available
View Quote

fairly certain he is manufacturing them and selling them. with all the appropriate ATF licenses of course. pushing the limits of NFA and its awesome.

id almost buy a registered molotov cocktail just for fun. but then id buy ammo instead.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:22:06 PM EDT
[#16]

no need for facebook.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I can assure you, the dude intends to focus on DDs...including recoilless rifles, mortars, grenade launchers, claymores, and whatever else he can provide that is rare or niche.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love me some niche markets.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#19]

You were trolling attention. Nice.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am one of three in that category.  The other that has publically disclosed it is Wingnut116ACW.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:26:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You were trolling attention. Nice.
View Quote

Not me- my employer would not let me get away with that in the least.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I really want to find a demilled claymore and reactivate it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#24]
So lemme get this straight....I'm supposed to pay him $150 for some threaded pipe and end caps, then Form 1 it into a pipe bomb.  FORM 1?

Interesting business concept.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:30:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wait til actual live RPGs start being a regular item at gunshows, or M203s become more popular.  It is coming...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

good.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wow.
Somethings just shouldn't be easily seen by the public.
Legal yes.
Not flaunted.

And the suicide vest is a bit much.
View All Quotes

New York. Can't imagine how that happened.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:34:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So lemme get this straight....I'm supposed to pay him $150 for some threaded pipe and end caps, then Form 1 it into a pipe bomb.  FORM 1?

View Quote

That's why I pretty much think the pipebomb receiver, suicide vest,  and tupperware claymore are just marketing gimmicks to get them attention.  It obviously worked.  Most of us would have never even heard of this company if they didn't do this.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:35:55 PM EDT
[#29]
I take it the pipe bomb is named for the "Clock" incident?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Dude is awesome. I can't wait for more from him.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

what you didnt know pipe bombs could me made legally? consider yourself enlightened.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#33]
So, are you aiming your wares are police and private contractors for demonstration and forensic study?

If so you are doing Gods work.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Yet we can't form one a machine gun
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#35]
[/criiiiiinge]

And on the way home he OC'd a semi auto RPD into a Dairy Queen for a blizzard?  
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Is that the guy that CONSTANTLY posts on all the nfa Facebook groups? He comes off as a huge jackass.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
[/criiiiiinge]

And on the way home he OC'd a semi auto RPD into a Dairy Queen for a blizzard?  
View Quote

At high speed, muddafuggah.  He was Tier -1 the whole way.  He needed an ice cream treat just to warm up because he was that fuckin' chill.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I am one of three in that category.  The other that has publically disclosed it is Wingnut116ACW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Started the wait today to be number 4

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#39]
When I read the title I knew it had to be TXMGO.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice.  

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:18:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

what you didnt know pipe bombs could me made legally? consider yourself enlightened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I could see all kinds of shit blowing back.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Dammit I always miss the good shit when I have to work
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Never draw unwanted attention to yourself
View Quote

There's a lot of people on the world, & a lot (most?) of them are stupid.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:37:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Free enterprise!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#45]
So lemme get this straight....I'm supposed to pay him $150 for some threaded pipe and end caps, then Form 1 it into a pipe bomb. FORM 1?

View Quote

This is the stupidest idea I've seen in a long time, on so many different levels. Absolutely nothing good can come of it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Lol. Excellent trolling by TXMGO.

Shit is NFAAF!!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Shit is NFAAF!!!!
View Quote

I keep seeing this phrase.  What does NFAAF stand for?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:11:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit is NFAAF!!!!

You of all people don't know

NFA As Fuck
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:12:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

fairly certain he is manufacturing them and selling them. with all the appropriate ATF licenses of course. pushing the limits of NFA and its awesome.

id almost buy a registered molotov cocktail just for fun.
but then id buy ammo instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many pipe bombs did he register and how did he come to posses a claymore?  Registered or not, don't see that one being easily available

id almost buy a registered molotov cocktail just for fun.
but then id buy ammo instead.

I have thought about Form 1'ing one myself.  My guess is having a metal band around the top with a serial number is the best way to go.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Wow.
Somethings just shouldn't be easily seen by the public.
Legal yes.
Not flaunted.

And the suicide vest is a bit much.
View All Quotes

New York values.  May your chains rest lightly.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top