Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 4:19:42 PM EDT
I went to the LGS with the intention of picking up an Aimpoint PRO today.  They were sold out but had a bunch of Bushmaster XM15 complete lowers for cheap.  Is this something I should buy and use or just neck beard them?

I typically build on RRA or Stag lowers, never even thought about BFI before today.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I built an SBR off of one. I haven't encountered any issues.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine has a CC&C upper. It goes bang every time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes they're good to go
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#4]
My first AR was a factory Bushmaster. Great rifle, and the snake rollmark is better than the shit other lowers have.

I just got another one because I like to have at least one factory AR.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Bushmaster makes fine parts.  Only thing to note is that their buffer tubes are commercial spec  instead of milspec. Gotta make sure you choose the appropriate furniture.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bushmaster makes fine parts.  Only thing to note is that their buffer tubes are commercial spec  instead of milspec. Gotta make sure you choose the appropriate furniture.
View Quote

Probably a stripped lower the OP is talking about. I bought 2. One wouldn't drop pmags or hold the bolt open on the last round.

Oops OP said complete lower.

How much?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Probably a stripped lower the OP is talking about. I bought 2. One wouldn't drop pmags or hold the bolt open on the last round.

How much?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much?

Complete lowers $140 + tax.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much?

What kind of furniture?

You can get PSA blems with B5 for close to that.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Standard CAR stock and A2 grip.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Standard CAR stock and A2 grip.
View Quote

Ehh.

Not good, not bad.

Just for the convenience of it I'd probably buy one, but I have a bunch of furniture laying about.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#11]
My XM15 is on it's second barrel.

No issues at all; except that I shot the hell out of the the barrel.

Original "Bushmaster" company though, and not the new one that uses the name these days.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Got a complete rifle in 2004.  It is like a honda, boringly reliable. ?.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had a few, still have a preban.  Worked/works fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top