Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:38:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a proponent of diversity but I shake my head in disgust at the people who seek out any reason what-so-ever to cry out loud they found racism.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Well shit.  I guess whote people need to stop going in order to make the minorities that do go a large percentage of the people that vosot national parks.  Thats how this works right?

Or maybe us white people like going more often.  Doesnt have to be that the natl. parks are inherently racist.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well shit.  I guess whote people need to stop going in order to make the minorities that do go a large percentage of the people that vosot national parks.  Thats how this works right?

Or maybe us white people like going more often.  Doesnt have to be that the natl. parks are inherently racist.

View Quote

I have a feeling that if you polled a group of hood rats what they like to do for fun, I doubt going to national parks would be at the top of their list.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Forgive me, but I want to see wild animals, not ghetto animals.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:48:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Actually, Yellowstone is overrun with Chinese tourists every summer.  If tourists can get there form China, they should be able to get there from California too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#6]
So I guess I will never get to visit Yosemite again.  I have exceeded my visit quota.  So what now?  
Maybe they will have to man the gate with a race counter,  sorry sir, we full up on all you white people.  Your going to have to wait until some people of color show up to balance it out.  

That is one stupid article.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:52:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I've also noticed ski slopes are racist in Vermont and New Hampshire

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

How dare you use such a racist term?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#9]
The article seems to blame the parks for their 73% white attendance.

The parks are open to anyone.

If you don't go to a national park, you are the only one to blame.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#10]
A 2015 outdoor participation report by Outdoor Foundation found that, in 2014, 73 percent of Americans who participated in outdoor activities were White.
View Quote

And, according to Wikipedia, the U.S.population is 72.41% white. What an amazing coincidence!

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Libraries and swimming pools are racist, too. There's so much racism out there, it's discouraging.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And, according to Wikipedia, the U.S.population is 72.41% white. What an amazing coincidence!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
A 2015 outdoor participation report by Outdoor Foundation found that, in 2014, 73 percent of Americans who participated in outdoor activities were White.

Math is racist.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#13]
The mental illness of reverse racism never ceases to amaze me. The quote from the subheading "If youth of color don't connect with the outdoors, who will
be its future stewards?"; so now a leftist rag implies that since white folks are destroying the planet, it's up to young AAs to save the environment through climate action
and environmnetal justice - just see the linked articles.

The left always wants to go back in time to pre civil rights era to show segregated signs, almost as if to ignore that the world has changed from the 1960s through today.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:58:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That is one stupid article.
View Quote

You said it.  These days we all appease everything we are supposed to.  After a while we get smacked with some other thing saying we are terrible human beings.  We then try to be decent people in response.  Then we get slapped with another accusation.  Look, lady, we weren't there. We didn't do anything.  We consider everyone equal.  WTF, cut us some fucking slack.  That wasn't us!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

And snow is white. Is even ''Mother Nature" herself racist?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#16]
With a few rare exceptions, my experiences with the urban crowd within state and national parks lead me to believe that unless they can be outrageously loud, play their crap music loudly, play basketball,  intrude on other people and leave a mess, oh and require lifeguards at a much higher rate, they generally have no desire to go to the parks.  I've run into I think two retired black couples who had an RV and were touring the national parks- and in both cases the man was retired military.  And yes, I've invited black friends and co-workers to accompany me and other co-workers/ friends on camping and hiking trips and have never been taken up on the offer.  I've got plenty of Asian friends who enjoy getting out and it's common all over Asia itself.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Traditional American Parenting skills were lost by inner city residents starting in the 60's. The dream of education, home ownership, independence, good careers and the family vacation were replaced by welfare and addiction a long time ago. It's not shocking or racist to say that white people are the people that keep much at that tradition going.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:01:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The mental illness of reverse racism never ceases to amaze me. The quote from the subheading "If youth of color don't connect with the outdoors, who will
be its future stewards?"; so now a leftist rag implies that since white folks are destroying the planet, it's up to young AAs to save the environment through climate action
and environmnetal justice
View Quote

I see how their elders teach their young how to properly be environmental stewards. And how well their young take those lessons and magnify them tenfold.

I can't wait to see the results of them treating the wilderness with the same approach that they take to their responsible use of local parks, schools, playgrounds, and neighborhoods. It will be grand.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Someone needs to change the laws so there can be liquor stores in the national parks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:03:19 AM EDT
[#20]
You know, bonsai tree pruning is done predominantly by Asians.  THIS MUST CHANGE!

Also, the forest preserves (State and County) by me seem to have plenty of Hispanics.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:04:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Kind of reminds me of a parallel example.

Back in the 70's, the city where I live built several tennis courts in the inner city. They never got used, at least for the intended purpose. Later, they added basketball goals and took down the tennis net. Guess what happened?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Forgive me, but I want to see wild animals, not ghetto animals.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#23]
I was a JROTC instructor at a large HS for 15 years.  Part of our leadership curriculum was a three day trip to a nature wilderness area. There were dorms, shower house, communal kitchen. Activities were orienteering, survival, rappelling, canoeing, fishing, swimming, wildlife  (snake) identification, ect. It took damn near an act of violence to get the minority kids off the porch. They weren't going in the damn woods and they weren't getting in the water.  And night orienteering - forget it. If you want to see a circus put 20 black kids in 10 canoes and tell them to paddle 500 yards, turn around, and come back. We had to take them because we couldn't leave them behind ( also had to pay for their trip). Last couple of times I'd just leave them on the porch and take the other kids out. As demographics changed we finally just quit going.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Honestly, it seems that in some parks there are more Asian tourists than any other group.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Hmmm....I'll bet if these people of color had fathers and functioning family units, they might actually be introduced to activities like hiking, camping, fishing, etc.  

It's not the parks' fault.  And it's certainly not my fault.  

Entire generations raised by grandmothers probably curtails a lot of the activities your are exposed to as a child--not to mention all of the valuable skills you'll never learn sans a father.  If they remedy that, a lot of this other shit that they find new ways to complain about daily will probably fix itself.

But I'm sure it's racist to suggest this.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#26]
"That is particularly true for people of color, and not just in the Pacific Northwest but across the United States, where studies and anecdotal evidence show they are among the most infrequent users of state and federal lands."

"Romaine Deshawn Bush, a 29-year-old African American from Seattle, has heard a litany of excuses from friends. “That’s the kinda stuff White people do,” they tell him. His camping invitations to the guys at the barbershop would be met with fantastic tales about bears in the woods."

"Many of them don’t know what it’s really like to be outside,” Artiles said. “They can disconnect from all the distractions. Being in Central Park you can’t enjoy the sounds of nature.”

As usual the complainers are their own worst enemies.  What's stopping them from going to a park? nothing.. ohhh a tale of bears in a park, OMG, bears! that's where bears live you idiots.

It seems like the problems of many blacks are self-inflicted.  If stories of bears or having peers laugh at you is enough to make you give up on something that you want to do.. you need to get a grip.

The parks are there for everyone.  Go enjoy it and quit making excuses.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:08:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Apparently almost everything is racist.  I don't care when liberals shriek racism because they're full of shit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You know, bonsai tree pruning is done predominantly by Asians.  THIS MUST CHANGE!

Also, the forest preserves (State and County) by me seem to have plenty of Hispanics.
View Quote

The $20-$25 entrance fee at National Parks is racist. It weeds out the trash.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Entire generations raised by grandmothers probably curtails a lot of the activities your are exposed to as a child--not to mention all of the valuable skills you'll never learn sans a father.
View Quote

I hadn't looked at it in those terms before. That's a rather profound observation.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:10:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Apparently almost everything is racist.  I don't care when liberals shriek racism because they're full of shit.
View Quote

FWIW, the only times I've ever experienced racism directed at me, it was from liberals.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#31]
I dunno guys.   Maybe this isn't such a bad thing.  If things keep heading for crazy town maybe I'll need a national park to hide since they never go there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:12:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Black people used to go to the parks, or they wouldn't have been segregated. Why did they stop? Did they not want to be around the white visitors? They sound racist.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

You sound like you're using logic, clearly you didn't check your white privilege at the door, that shit's not allowed in a racist argument! GTFO!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#34]
"Here's why that needs to change."

LOL but really
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#35]
I read  it and I got out of it that basically,

US demographics are changing to be less white...

Non whites use Parks less often

They are concerned about who is going to continue to support/steward them.. Little bit of white Guilt sprinkled in but whatever..

I don't think it is a bad thing that we introduce all types of people the outdoors... Its like taking a liberal to shoot. It may open someone's eyes

Meh..
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:22:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I saw the same percentage reading the article,  ran off to check the demographics and was just going to post this.

Etc I guess that statistic is just an outdoor activity survey not directly related to NPs, but then use a relevant stat to make your point.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:23:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Who knew you were supporting white power by going outside?

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:26:05 AM EDT
[#38]
I got nothin'.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Blacks don't like nature or camping
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#40]
FFS.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#41]
From what I've personally witnessed of their dirty trash strewn "Stewardship" in their gov controlled urban housing areas I'm not convinced that their "Stewardship" of our gov controlled pristine natural areas is such a good idea.

I know, I'm a racis. ZFG!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Plenty of black hunters and fishermen if my visits to Gander Mountain, Cabelas and other stores are any indication.
One of the guys I've hunted with on a couple trips to Colorado is black. He asked a couple of his buddies if they'd like to come and they said no. They'd have been welcomed, and gotten trash talked by everyone as we usually do.
I have found that I'd rather visit the wilderness while carrying a gun and hunting license though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Between all the money that is pumped into inner city schools, parks, rec centers, recreational programs, job programs, mentoring programs, clean ups, grants to restore and fix up housing, is any of these so called 'investments for our future' paying off?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I read  it and I got out of it that basically,

US demographics are changing to be less white...

Non whites use Parks less often

They are concerned about who is going to continue to support/steward them.. Little bit of white Guilt sprinkled in but whatever..

I don't think it is a bad thing that we introduce all types of people the outdoors... Its like taking a liberal to shoot. It may open someone's eyes

Meh..
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#46]
its because National parks are rarely located on a bus line.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#47]
Up here in the Northwest, I see plenty of people of East Asian and south Asian ancestry using the trails, parks, etc.

Author is racist.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:14:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
its because National parks are rarely located on a bus line.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#49]
Today’s young people, the most diverse generation in U.S. history...
View Quote

The author says that like it's a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I see how their elders teach their young how to properly be environmental stewards. And how well their young take those lessons and magnify them tenfold.

I can't wait to see the results of them treating the wilderness with the same approach that they take to their responsible use of local parks, schools, playgrounds, and neighborhoods. It will be grand.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
and environmnetal justice

They will make fine stewards of the environment.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top