Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 12:06:57 AM EDT
Had kidney cancer removed this past Monday.  Hopefully there won't be more. Runs in the family. And pathology won't be back until next week. Doc didn't say I would be so sore. They did it lapriscopically (sp)? At least they didn't take the whole thing.
    Anyhow, I wanted to thank you all for the laughs (which hurt) and reading during my stay. Made time pass much more quickly.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:07:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:21:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Godspeed man.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:22:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Where at in Utah?
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Awesome
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:23:06 AM EDT
[#6]
And glad they got it all.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:24:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Ogden Regional.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Great news,glad you got rid it.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:30:06 AM EDT
[#10]
What? They got (most of) your kidney, and didn't leave you in a bathtub with ice? Shameful!
Were the nurses cute? (If the guy nurses were cute, you can leave that part out. Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
Tell 'em Arfcom said you could get the vodka drip. Because all recovery goes better with alcohol, right?
(Ignore those jokers that say alcohol counteracts antibiotics. They don't know nothing, anyhow!)

Hope you feel better soon!
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:40:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What? They got (most of) your kidney, and didn't leave you in a bathtub with ice? Shameful!
Were the nurses cute? (If the guy nurses were cute, you can leave that part out. Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
Tell 'em Arfcom said you could get the vodka drip. Because all recovery goes better with alcohol, right?
(Ignore those jokers that say alcohol counteracts antibiotics. They don't know nothing, anyhow!)

View Quote

About half of the nurses we hot. The rest were evenly spread of big, old, and average. But they were all very nice and helpful to this old grumpy bastard.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:41:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh boy! How much did you pay her and how did she drug you?

I joke. Get better. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:43:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

About half of the nurses we hot. The rest were evenly spread of big, old, and average. But they were all very nice and helpful to this old grumpy bastard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Want to show your appreciation with a gift? Have your visitors bring them something to eat. Candy, etc will be welcome. Make sure some of it is sugar-free. (This free advice is care of a friend of my sister, who was a nurse for many years.)
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:59:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuck cancer! Get well soon.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 2:28:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I hope you recover quickly

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:02:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well even sturdy old stock needs a pinch to keep them young
Glad to hear you're doing ok now OP, I hope the best for you and your family, whatever that entails.

ETA: listen to the guy who said bring the nurses goodies. Most patients don't appreciate them and charm can only go so far (I know ).
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:10:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Somehow missed the original thread, but .  Kick that cancer's ass!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top