Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2003 6:12:02 PM EDT
A lot of the guys have been talking about what they are going to buy. But, what do you guys see happening to the worth of our prebans if the AWB dies?  
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:15:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Dropping alot but I wont bitch.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking Colt ARs, especially ones marked "AR-15" are going to hold their value the most. You know as politically as Colt is, they would never again build a rifle with that name. Other brands will probably bottom out. I bet pre-ban M4-style uppers will elevate in price, since the demand will increase.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't matter to me, my PB Bushy HBAR isn't for sale at any price. It's more valuable for what it represents-I bought it to tell Uncle Sugar what I thought of the AWB and his distrust of people like me owning weapons like an AR15.
The longer I keep it, the less powerful he is. Doesn't mean that I won't be building a few pre-ban style kits once the AWB sunsets though. :)

Dave
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Well the MT AR15s are selling for $900-1000 retail now.  I bought my preban rifles when they were $600 each!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well the MT AR15s are selling for $900-1000 retail now.  I bought my preban rifles when they were $600 each!
View Quote

You did better than I did.  My preban PWA cost about $800 when I bought it just after the ban.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top