Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/22/2016 9:47:53 PM EDT
http://www.necn.com/news/national-international/San-Diego-Mauling-Dog-Mira-Mesa-376758441.html

A newborn was killed by the family dog while in the parents' bed Friday morning, San Diego Police confirmed.
The 3-day-old died following the attack in a home on Flanders Drive near Camino Ruiz in the Mira Mesa area.
Sgt. Tuu Nguyen, of the Child Abuse Unit San Diego Police Department, described the baby's death as a tragic accident. His unit was called as it is in any child death investigation.
The mother and father of the newborn were watching television in bed with the baby and the dog, Nguyen said.
When the mother suddenly coughed, "the dog made contact with the baby leading to traumatic injuries," Nguyen said.
The parents rushed the newborn to the hospital, but the baby did not survive.
Nguyen did not go into details regarding the injuries the baby suffered, saying the San Diego County Medical Examiner's office would determine the cause of death.
The dog is in the custody of the Department of Animal Services and under quarantine.
It was described as a 2-year-old American Staffordshire Terrier by agency Deputy Director Dan DeSousa.
DeSousa did not have details on the attack but told NBC 7 an animal is placed under quarantine any time it bites or breaks human skin.
He added that the family can direct them to euthanize the dog but they have not received that directive.
The location of the incident is near Mesa Verde neighborhood park and south of Mira Mesa High School.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Breed of peace wins again.

My doggy dindu nuffin!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Horrible
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#5]
wow, i didnt realise that its PC now to call a pitbull breed by the name of something else
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I will never let a pitbull come near my children. Its a shame some folks are too stupid and have to learn the hard way. Only 3 days old...for fucks sake
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Just saw this on the local news. They showed a pic but I couldn't tell wtf it was. Looked sorta like something that would be walked by a ghetto goblin. Stupid fuck parents. Poor child
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Who lets a large guard/fighting breed anywhere near a neonate?
View Quote

Ignorant scum who pick out dogs because they look badass.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:13:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Reading comprehension- non existent. It clearly states the women coughed which caused the dog to make contact with the baby. Sounds like the dog got startled and bumped, or knocked into the infant. Says nothing about an attack mauling etc. shouldn't have any large animal that close to a 3 day old infant, but yea...pit bull is to blame..
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:16:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Reading comprehension- non existent. It clearly states the women coughed which caused the dog to make contact with the baby. Sounds like the dog got startled and bumped, or knocked into the infant. Says nothing about an attack mauling etc. shouldn't have any large animal that close to a 3 day old infant, but yea...pit bull is to blame..
View Quote

Nice try.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like clockwork.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Bad owner.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#17]
They chose...poorly.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:20:25 PM EDT
[#18]
which caused the dog to make contact with the baby.
View Quote

That's a PC way of saying it mauled the poor kid.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:20:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
wow, i didnt realise that its PC now to call a pitbull breed by the name of something else
View Quote

Two different breeds.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:20:44 PM EDT
[#20]
May the baby RIP.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:20:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, there's always one. So do you live in a single wide or did you spring for the double?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#22]
When are we going to ban dogs and sue the dog manufacturer?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I am not the brightest individual, but please explain to me where my reading comprehension is lacking.

My Border Collie isn't going to attack and kill my infant child after coughing in bed...

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote
Deductive reasoning..  Non existent
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#25]
What exactly is your agenda and what will be accomplished by promoting the deaths of dog attack victims like this?

Is it a "if it saves just one life" with you?

Or are you just afraid of the breed?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:49:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What exactly is your agenda and what will be accomplished by promoting the deaths of dog attack victims like this?

Is it a "if it saves just one life" with you?

Or are you just afraid of the breed?
View Quote

Who cares..as long as the parents pay the bill for the doctors that couldn't save the kids life...

and they pay the bill for the dog when it gets put down...

and they pay the bill for the public services that came to impound the dog because it ate a baby...

But for some reason...i doubt that is going to happen.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:51:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Muh breed of peace dindu nuffin.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#28]

That's a good looking dog
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I suspect that of your 179 this is the dumbest post by far.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Kill 'em all. The pits.....not the babies.    
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Parents should be put to death...

Ban these Fucking Dogs....

Seems like I read about a PB attack a couple times a week..
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:00:18 PM EDT
[#33]
How is the thread title any different than "helpless child killed by assault rifle...oops, i mean sporting rifle"? Wanting to ban a dog is the same as wanting to ban guns. If you can't comprehend that you probably shouldn't be around firearms in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How is the thread title any different than "helpless child killed by assault rifle...oops, i mean sporting rifle"?
View Quote

We got a live one here!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We got a live one here!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How is the thread title any different than "helpless child killed by assault rifle...oops, i mean sporting rifle"?

We got a live one here!

We sure do. And read my edited post. I'm referring to you, "boy".
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:04:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

police said the parents were in bed watching TV with their newborn son and dog around 8 p.m. Thursday night when the mother coughed. The coughing startled the dog and it unexpectedly bit the baby, Sgt. Tu Nguyen said.

He said the parents pulled the animal off and took their only child to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:04:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Does your sporting arm attack people when you sneeze? Because that might be a difference.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How is the thread title any different than "helpless child killed by assault rifle...oops, i mean sporting rifle"? Wanting to ban a dog is the same as wanting to ban guns. If you can't comprehend that you probably shouldn't be around firearms in the first place.

Does your sporting arm attack people when you sneeze? Because that might be a difference.

It might, but it's not any different and you know it. Poor attempt.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:09:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

The relevant part:

DeSousa did not have details on the attack but told NBC 7 an animal is placed under quarantine any time it bites or breaks human skin.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Um yea there is a direct correlation there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.  You might want to see if you can trade your brain in for one that works

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Fucking trash
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:14:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

police said the parents were in bed watching TV with their newborn son and dog around 8 p.m. Thursday night when the mother coughed. The coughing startled the dog and it unexpectedly bit the baby, Sgt. Tu Nguyen said.
He said the parents pulled the animal off and took their only child to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2016/04/22/san-diego-pet-dog-fatally-mauls-3-day-old-baby-in-san-diego.html

... I wouldn't let a Pomeranian around a 3 day old baby, not until the dog had enough time to realize that the baby is Alpha to them in all situations, which takes some time.  Poor dog owners IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We got a live one here!

Shitty breed mainly owned by a lower class of person.  

I never said I wanted to ban the damn things.  I just think that they are a crappy type of dog just like chows, Akitas , and Rottweilers.

If a caugh sets off an animal into a murderious rage then there are some serious problems.

Pittbulls cause the vast majority of maulimg deaths in the US the fact is undeniable.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Fine, it's the breeds fault and not the owners fault.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:19:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
When are we going to ban dogs and sue the dog manufacturer?
View Quote

Sadly, probably soon...

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
May the baby RIP.  
View Quote

You meant pieces, right? Fuck those dogs. As far as I'm concerned, anyone is welcome to own them and care for them. I watch any other dog like a hawk when I'm out with my dog and would do so even more if I had a child. Aggressive dogs are barely tolerated. An attacking dog would be terminated post haste. I'm always armed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top