Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 5:27:39 PM EDT
I mean assuming you aren't so dehydrated you need a saline IV.

Got it from this hotel room SVC food.  Manager asks me if he wants me to call the Dr and fill out an incident report or something.

Is there Medicine e that helps or do you just have to wait till you purge it out of your system?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
For most minor cases no, but there are people who die from Salmonela (sp) who could be helped if they would have gone for help earlier.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#2]
well I made it from there to the next place I had to be several hours away.

still aint right back there
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:15:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had a handful of terrible bouts...got so dehydrated I could barely stand from the pain in my kidneys.  A couple of litres of fluids and I was good as news...on 6-7 occasions.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:16:48 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to sue, you should identify the organism involved and see if it can be matched to a sample of the offending food.  I've had a few food cases...
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Doc will be able to help with symptoms but the bacteria/virus will have to be killed off by your immune system ultimately.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Best cure for food poisoning shits is prune juice.  Your body wants whatever is in there out and drinking prune juice forces the issue.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#7]
You far more likely picked up a norovirus than contacted food poisoning. The best thing you can do is stay hydrated and wait. If you are in otherwise good health,you should be OK. If you feel that you need an IV,go to the
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck yes it is for the phenergan suppositories alone.  That stuff will stop the projectile vomiting and shits so you can keep fluid down.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:42:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck yes it is for the phenergan suppositories alone.  That stuff will stop the projectile vomiting and shits so you can keep fluid down.
View Quote

Are those the ones Louis ck tells about?

Just had the shits today.  Had some immodium.  Keeping water/gatoraid down no prob.

Would a went the prune juice route but needed to get from DE to NYC
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:46:11 AM EDT
[#10]
How do you know it's food poisoning?

If you got sick shortly after eating, that meal isn't to blame.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:59:41 AM EDT
[#11]
IME, no.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had crab cakes, the next afternoon when I got up I had the squirts.

pretty sure I saw those very same crab cakes in the toilet

I seem to be all right. I ate a piece of New York cheese pizza a minute ago and I'm feeling fine
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah that sucks, I'm struggling through something right now.  I've lost close to 10 lbs over the last week...
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah that sucks, I'm struggling through something right now.  I've lost close to 10 lbs over the last week...
View Quote

Never lick the pros...  Well, never mind
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've had a handful of terrible bouts...got so dehydrated I could barely stand from the pain in my kidneys.  A couple of litres of fluids and I was good as news...on 6-7 occasions.  

View Quote

This. IV fluids can bring you back to life in under an hour if your really dehydrated.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:44:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Best cure for food poisoning shits is prune juice.  Your body wants whatever is in there out and drinking prune juice forces the issue.
View Quote

When I read this I thought:  "How'd my grandmother get on ar15.com?"  

She'd cure anything that was wrong with you with only two things:

Prune Juice

Vicks Vapo Rub

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Make sure to do the BRAT diet...work your body into food slowly:

Beer

Ribs

Asian Food

Tobasco Wings
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
For most minor cases no, but there are people who die from Salmonela (sp) who could be helped if they would have gone for help earlier.
View Quote

This. I made it five days with salmonella before throwing in the towel and headed to the ER. Ain't many people I would wish that shit on, but I can think of a few.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Your system clears bad food out pretty quickly, the problem occurs when it isn't bad food but something else.

A guy died here from a flesh eating bacteria he picked up eating oysters.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#21]
If you're keeping water down, you should be fine. If you can't, then you need a hospital trip.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#22]
They have some great drugs, a little expensive though.  Probably get cheaper drugs off the street......J/K.  If symptoms persist you could become dehydrated and possibly even die.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not true. Rapid onset could be from S. aureus food poisoning.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#25]
In 1996 I was hospitalized with confirmed E coli.  From the first symptoms to the ER was less than three hours.  It took so much Phenergan to stop the shitting and puking that it burned a vein from my wrist to my elbow.  

If you have "food poisoning" you will know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top