Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 11:01:47 AM EDT
In early 2015 I decided to build an AR 308 rifle. This build “WOULD HAVE BEEN” my first AR style rifle but due to a shipping debacle with Rainier Arms I never got to see the final product! They shipped my custom cerakoted completely assembled upper with no signature required! Either the FedEx guy or a neighbor stole my dam package!! I bought Rainier Arms barrel + bcg and had them hold the items at their location since I was going to ship my parts to them to complete the build.

The items totaled $1,512.70

When the build was completed I never got a ship notification, tracking, or heads up that it was completed and shipped until I called to check the status. Then the manager of RA wanted me to go on a witch hunt and ask neighbors about my package. He even suggested that I print flyers and post them up around my condo community. I chased RA around for resolution from October 2015 to February 2016. Throughout this time the manager at RA worked with me but at a snail’s pace and I had to stay on this guy once every 3 weeks for 5 months solid! No exaggeration!

Rainier slowly made good on rectifying this issue but not with the same parts that I originally sent them. It wasn’t cerakoted just standard black which means I lost money on the cerakote. The upper was missing a charging handle too. In the end it was not what I paid for. This was one of those things that really left a bad taste in my mouth. I should have just saved the $1,512.70 instead of trying to build an AR rifle!

Pics prior to shipping to Rainier Arms

This is the replacement upper from Rainier
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a shifty way to treat a customer.   I make sure to hold my shipments at drop locations due to this type of thing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a shifty way to treat a customer.   I make sure to hold my shipments at drop locations due to this type of thing.
View Quote

This. I had package stolen as well mine came from Primary Arms, but i was stupid and cheap and paid for just USPS first class so no insurance. Primary Arms gave me my money back even though they did not have to, great customer serivce.  Did you fill out a police report, I almost always try to ship ammo with my packages now since in my state stealing a package with ammo is an automatic felony.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#3]
That sucks to hear, but why not insure something that you ship that costs over $1500?

I insure anything that costs more than $50.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Did RA ask you if you wanted to insure the package prior to then shipping? Or was the shipping details even discussed? Looking at this from their perspective, how do they know you are not trying to just scam them?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did RA ask you if you wanted to insure the package prior to then shipping? Or was the shipping details even discussed? Looking at this from their perspective, how do they know you are not trying to just scam them?
View Quote

The seller insures the package not only for the buyers sake, but for their own. Had they shipped it with full declared value, it would have required a signature and kept both of them covered.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep....In
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:52:02 AM EDT
[#7]
That's why you buy a SCAR instead of trying to build an inferior AR platform 308

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:03:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The seller insures the package not only for the buyers sake, but for their own. Had they shipped it with full declared value, it would have required a signature and kept both of them covered.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree that would have been the smart thing to do. But they didn't and I say once they have done their part, and have shipped it's no longer their responsibility. And if the shipping provider did their part as instructed by the shipper they too have no responsibility in the matter.

To me this sounds like law enforcement matter. Now if they OP payed for shipping confirmation and RA didn't follow through then thats a different matter, if so they are responsible for the upper and should replace it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:20:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Pics not loading.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I agree that would have been the smart thing to do. But they didn't and I say once they have done their part, and have shipped it's no longer their responsibility. And if the shipping provider did their part as instructed by the shipper they too have no responsibility in the matter.

To me this sounds like law enforcement matter. Now if they OP payed for shipping confirmation and RA didn't follow through then thats a different matter, if so they are responsible for the upper and should replace it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not how business works. If you pay for something and never receive it, are you happy just letting the money circle the drain?

Rainier is out FAR more money trying to replace the parts than they would have been for $10 in declared value.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Pics not loading.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I always had great interactions with rainier arms, for what its worth.

gives military discount too.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:41:01 PM EDT
[#13]
interesting first post
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#14]
first post = not adding up

in on this cockbang
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#15]
They just took too long (not necessarily their fault), so I got an M5 from Aero.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:48:34 PM EDT
[#16]
No pics here either. Sounds a little funky, but with that said I'll fully admit I had one issue a few years ago with RA. That said they have been good to deal with since. I typically go into the shop , but do order online to have stuff shipped every once in a while when I'm being lazy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Dunno, they've always been right on top of shit for me. Usually things arrive earlier than expected.

Nice first post.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No pics here either. Sounds a little funky, but with that said I'll fully admit I had one issue a few years ago with RA. That said they have been good to deal with since. I typically go into the shop , but do order online to have stuff shipped every once in a while when I'm being lazy.
View Quote

He's using Google, which never seems to work right for image hosting, at least not on here.  

I see a can of Aluma-hyde in FDE in the first pic, is that the same thing as Cerakoting?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#20]
That's the second customer service issue from them I've heard on here in a month.  Weird.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
In early 2015 I decided to build an AR 308 rifle. This build “WOULD HAVE BEEN” my first AR style rifle but due to a shipping debacle with Rainier Arms I never got to see the final product! They shipped my custom cerakoted completely assembled upper with no signature required! Either the FedEx guy or a neighbor stole my dam package!! I bought Rainier Arms barrel + bcg and had them hold the items at their location since I was going to ship my parts to them to complete the build.

The items totaled $1,512.70

When the build was completed I never got a ship notification, tracking, or heads up that it was completed and shipped until I called to check the status. Then the manager of RA wanted me to go on a witch hunt and ask neighbors about my package. He even suggested that I print flyers and post them up around my condo community. I chased RA around for resolution from October 2015 to February 2016. Throughout this time the manager at RA worked with me but at a snail’s pace and I had to stay on this guy once every 3 weeks for 5 months solid! No exaggeration!

Rainier slowly made good on rectifying this issue but not with the same parts that I originally sent them. It wasn’t cerakoted just standard black which means I lost money on the cerakote. The upper was missing a charging handle too. In the end it was not what I paid for. This was one of those things that really left a bad taste in my mouth. I should have just saved the $1,512.70 instead of trying to build an AR rifle!

Pics prior to shipping to Rainier Arms
https://goo.gl/photos/9xBUgQ4pCVNmhc2o8 https://goo.gl/photos/onSBBVpTcBtK4gq89 https://goo.gl/photos/Ykrcjch7DD4hqRxN9

This is the replacement upper from Rainier
https://goo.gl/photos/RvBjgmcTdt7ehTj4A
View Quote

Fixing images

After :

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#22]
This should be good!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Brownells Alumahyde =/= cerakote
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Do you, or DO YOU NOT now have in your possession  a functioning .30 caliber AR type rifle ?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

He's using Google, which never seems to work right for image hosting, at least not on here.  

I see a can of Aluma-hyde in FDE in the first pic, is that the same thing as Cerakoting?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see the pictures now.

No, Aluma-hyde is not like cerakote. I do both finishes depending on request and they are definitely different. Especially if done wrong.

It's weird that he shows the can, but claims it was a cerakoted upper.

Outside of the finish, I don't know the specifics of what they sent the op, but they didn't skimp. It looks like a fairly solid build compared to what he originally had, no?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He even suggested that I print flyers and post them up around my condo community.
View Quote

That sucks, and I feel bad for you, OP...but that shit is funny.

"Have you seen this upper?  If so, call..."

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He even suggested that I print flyers and post them up around my condo community.

Yeah, if true, that's pretty silly.

Its not unreasonable to ask your neighbors if they received a package.  I had a site sponsor send an exchange order to my old address and I did not think it was unreasonable to have to call my old landlord and see if the package was there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I once lost a case of 2180 rounds of 5.45x39 for two weeks. Found it sitting under a chair in the psychologists office down the hall.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
interesting first post
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Rainier has always done me right when I have dealt with them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do you, or DO YOU NOT now have in your possession  a functioning .30 caliber AR type rifle ?
View Quote

I hope that's sarcasm. If I paid for a premium build and got a DPMS oracle in its place, I'd rage.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:04:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Rainier has always had good service for me. I've spent thousands with them without issue.

In for the police and shipping report. Obviously if something that expensive they would be involved.

Hell, I liked a build they did for me so much, I cloned it since it was discontinued.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Why do people join a board just to "share" a bad experience with a vendor that's been on said board for ages with tons of satisfied customers (including me).

Join a forum to learn and share but to come out the gate with this. hmmm.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I once lost a case of 2180 rounds of 5.45x39 for two weeks. Found it sitting under a chair in the psychologists office down the hall.
View Quote

Turns out your other personality left it there while visiting the psychologist?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

we insure/sig required on everything customer gets no choice in the matter they cannot decline insurance/signature

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:29:25 PM EDT
[#38]
coc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top