Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 5:56:56 AM EDT
China's government workers are being warned off dating handsome foreigners -- because they may be potential James Bonds.

A 16-panel comic book-style poster that's been widely displayed across Beijing tells the story of an attractive young female civil servant -- Xiao Li or Little Li -- who is wooed by a red-haired foreigner posing as a visiting scholar.

The scholar, named Dawei or David, showers her with compliments, red roses, fancy dinners and romantic walks in the park, and convinces the girl to provide him with internal documents from her government propaganda workplace.

Xiao Li initially declines to hand over the documents but David manages to convince her. Xiao Li is later taken away by security officials and the girl finds out that her boyfriend was a foreign spy.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/asia/china-foreign-spies/index.html
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:22:07 AM EDT
[#1]
She looks amazingly un Chinese like.I wonder if the Chinese are upset their women are portrayed as white.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Mighty big eyes their cartoon character has...
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:06:41 AM EDT
[#3]
More realistic rendering

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Companies wil now boycot china for their racisism and xenophobe vitriol....

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:11:03 AM EDT
[#5]
So the Chinese are taking a page from Russia's book of projection.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:24:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Where is th panel that shows her being shot?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I find it interesting that China has a "National Security Day", while in the US our government is leaking PII data all over the place.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I find it interesting that China has a "National Security Day", while in the US our government is leaking PII data all over the place.
View Quote

I find it interesting you think China's "National Security Day" has anything to do with protecting Chinese citizens' private information.

The whole concept of "PII" and the acronym itself exists due to US government initiatives and rules.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Save us the trouble, just send their hot wimmenz here.  Aren't they over populated anyways?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Save us the trouble, just send their hot wimmenz here.  Aren't they over populated anyways?
View Quote

They'd be more likely to send us their surplus men. They have a woman shortage there due to the one child policy, so much so that they are considering legalizing polyandry.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:15:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Either that or someone in State Security finally bothered to read "The Bear and the Dragon" by Tom Clancy
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#12]
The main character of a government propaganda piece works in government propaganda?  

Just can't make this shit up anymore.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#13]
They left off Li's execution.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They left off Li's execution.  
View Quote

And her parents getting the bill for the 7.62 round as a penalty for their "Failure" as Parents
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow this is a major case of projection.  There are more Chinese spies in California than FBI agents.  I think I went to college with a Chinese spy.  His story made no sense at all.  When I kept in touch with him he moved from Santa Fe, NM (next to Los Alamos National Lab) to Oak Ridge, TN (next to another national lab).  He's a Google executive in China now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#16]
It happened in this county & was on TV....exactly like that but different.

Joyce Kim, a North Korean spy posing as an exchange student hooked up with a nerdy PhD physicist from Cal Tech, Leonard Hoffsteader, and he almost gave away a missile fuel formulation.

At least on The Big Bang Theory....

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:12:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Americans should take espionage seriously but unfortunately in my experiences they can't be bothered
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#18]
All this, yet they still spy on everyone entering the country
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

They'd be more likely to send us their surplus men. They have a woman shortage there due to the one child policy, so much so that they are considering legalizing polyandry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard sell, since they are Chinese.  If you were talking about Thai ladyboys there's a growing Arfcom population that would go for that.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Americans should take espionage seriously but unfortunately in my experiences they can't be bothered
View Quote

Speak for yourself, I was just lying about my phone number to the Soviet spy working at The auto parts store... They'll get nothing from me..
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:47:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Rule over them by putting f e a r into them fear is a great motivator and sales gimmick.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#22]
I never had Yellow Fever. I neither had nor wanted national secrets, either.

Drama avoided.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Fucking CHINA...
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Either that or someone in State Security finally bothered to read "The Bear and the Dragon" by Tom Clancy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what first came into my mind as well
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#25]
the ruling elite is quite concerned about foreign spies penetrating into China and clandestinely stealing the chemical formula which is crucial to manufacturing plastic dogshit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#26]
My Chinese coworker uses the name 'Xiao' for her art.  Her legal name from a marriage to an American she divorced is 'Owen'.

Is 'Xiao' just a pseudonym?  is it like the "Smith" or "Jones" of China?

I prefer to call people whatever they choose to call themselves. But, I don't like it when I know they have multiple names and I'm not sure what to say the "real" name is.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top