Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/22/2016 3:00:46 AM EDT
NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Thursday that if North Carolina’s LGBT law remains unchanged, the 2017 All-Star Game would have to be moved from Charlotte.

Silver’s comments on the state’s controversial House Bill 2 came at the Associated Press Sports Editors’ commissioner meetings Thursday, according to attendees. Earlier in the day, Silver again called the law “problematic” for the league as it stands, but he said he’s confident state lawmakers will “do the right thing.”

“We’ve been, I think, crystal clear a change in the law is necessary for us to play in the kind of environment that we think is appropriate for a celebratory NBA event,” Silver said at the APSE event.
View Quote

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/article73086142.html
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:07:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, the WNBA is their property and who knows what the fuck is going on there.

Fuck all of these weirdos boycotting.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:11:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Dont care,relocate somewhere else for your damn game
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:17:34 AM EDT
[#3]
NC should preemptively kick their teams out of the state & tell them they can't play there anymore.
Let them beg to come back.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:17:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I've relocated my money elsewhere -- away from the NBA.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:21:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

NC should preemptively kick their teams out of the state & tell them they can't play there anymore.

View Quote

Better yet, charge them for all the money taxpayers had to help pay for THEIR new stadium/arena/whatever.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 3:23:14 AM EDT
[#6]
with a nearly 87% LGBTWTFBBQ clientele, I totally understand his pont of view. If it was like less than 3% I'd think he was getting involved in politics rather than playing BBall.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:02:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Corporate Tyranny.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:10:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Thursday that if North Carolina’s LGBT law remains unchanged, the 2017 All-Star Game would have to be moved from Charlotte.

Silver’s comments on the state’s controversial House Bill 2 came at the Associated Press Sports Editors’ commissioner meetings Thursday, according to attendees. Earlier in the day, Silver again called the law “problematic” for the league as it stands, but he said he’s confident state lawmakers will “do the right thing.”

“We’ve been, I think, crystal clear a change in the law is necessary for us to play in the kind of environment that we think is appropriate for a celebratory NBA event,” Silver said at the APSE event.
View Quote

View Quote

I don't care about basketball but I thought Dennis Rodman had retired.  Do they have some other cross dressing players that feel the need to use the women's restroom?  Does Silver identify as a woman or something?  

I am so glad the US has solved all of it's other pressing issues so crap like this can be front and center.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:13:58 AM EDT
[#9]
This is fascism.  When business attempts to enforce government edicts for total control over the population it is called fascism.

This is a wakeup call for adults to quit watching grown men play kids games for ridiculous sums of money.

And the really sad part is that, to the best of my knowledge, the bill doesn't prohibit gender confused bathrooms.  It merely states that the restroom owner may make that decision.  In short, it's a bill for freedom of choice for the owner of the restroom.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:18:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Take the game to the Garden or Barclays, there should always be an alternate site for any reason
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:18:37 AM EDT
[#11]
lol sports dictating law, great idea.

I WISH this was the NFL who is subsidized by the federal government, that would be the ultimate irony.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:33:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm sure that the vast majority of NBA players were greatly upset by the law. They definitely seem like the types that would be big on transgender rights.

Wait... the all-star game? lol.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:58:15 AM EDT
[#13]
If everyone was like me those overpaid athletes would be flipping burgers at McDonalds.  Never watched a NBA game.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:07:48 AM EDT
[#14]
The NBA sanctioned "I can't breathe" t=shirts until the 2 NYPD cops got zotzed. Politics does backfire
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:17:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Professional sports are worthless. This latest LGBT BS just proves the point.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:36:34 AM EDT
[#16]
hmm

theres a word for this action

yep..

it's a legal term

and illegal

Fraud?
nope

boycotting?
nope

Protect

protection

OH YEAH
EXTORTION
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:43:33 AM EDT
[#17]
So wait,  the NBA and PayPal can choose who they do business with but cake makers can't?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So wait,  the NBA and PayPal can choose who they do business with but cake makers can't?
View Quote

Quoted for emphasis.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted for emphasis.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted for emphasis.

You are quoting it for the wrong reason. The NBA isn't banning people living in North Carolina from attending NBA games. As well, it isn't disbanding or moving the Charlotte Bobcats.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#20]

Maybe if Adam Silver's daughter was in the bathroom when some guy who happens to feel feminine that day goes into the bathroom with her he might feel different.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Fuck the NBA

They're just the entertainment wing of the Far Left/FSA.  If the NBA disappeared tomorrow I wouldn't notice.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#22]
PC prevails as we abandon our traditions and embrace the neu ordnung.  Heil Hitlery!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Professional sports are ran by New York left wing liberals. They don't get a dime of my money.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Maybe if Adam Silver's daughter was in the bathroom when some guy who happens to feel feminine that day goes into the bathroom with her he might feel different.
View Quote

I kept thinking the same thing, about all these CEOs and whatnot posturing and grandstanding over something they might privately feel unsettling, if not outright repugnant.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#25]
That's the NBA's prerogative, but fuck the NBA.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#26]
People still watch the NBA games?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:23:04 AM EDT
[#27]
The 'all star' game was here a few years ago. Trust me, you're better off without it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:26:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You are quoting it for the wrong reason. The NBA isn't banning people living in North Carolina from attending NBA games. As well, it isn't disbanding or moving the Charlotte Bobcats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted for emphasis.

It's threatening to remove the chance for people from NC to see the ASG in Charlotte (refusing to serve in Charlotte) if the people don't bow to the NBA's beliefs.

Tell me how that is different than refusing to make a cake.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
QFT

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:28:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Boom.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted for emphasis.

Nobody is banning anybody from doing anything.  This law gives business owners the right to control their own bathrooms. If you have XY chromosomes and a cock and balls, you use the men's room.  If you have XX chromosomes and a pussy, you use the women's restroom. It's pretty fucking simple.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:31:45 AM EDT
[#33]

Dude just looks like a cock sucking liberal.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#34]
I don't play basketball, I don't like watching it, I don't care!
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Nobody is banning anybody from doing anything.  This law gives business owners the right to control their own bathrooms. If you have XY chromosomes and a cock and balls, you use the men's room.  If you have XX chromosomes and a pussy, you use the women's restroom. It's pretty fucking simple.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted for emphasis.

I was comparing the two actions: NBA action vs. "Cake Makers" action. As well, the law isn't simply about the bathroom.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Now is the time for a 7'6" 230 semi-pro man to say he feels like a woman and wants to play in the WNBA.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#37]
1, Basketball is fucking gay
2. Move the game to your alternate location. Only way to see what happens is to do it and let the fans vote with their wallets.
3. Everyone's an activist these days
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Sooooo many hurt feelings in this thread. What are you guys, a bunch of liberals?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

"...House Bill 2, which sets a statewide definition of protected classes of citizens..."

Some NC citizens are in a protected class???
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:12:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

"...House Bill 2, which sets a statewide definition of protected classes of citizens..."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It mirrors the federal statutes:  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_class

California takes it further:

In addition, California state law also prohibits discrimination based on:

Race
Color
National origin
Religion
Sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions)
Disability: Physical or mental
Age (40 and older)
Genetic information
Marital status
Sexual orientation and identity
AIDS/HIV
Medical condition
Political activities or affiliations
Military or veteran status
Status as a victim of domestic violence, assault, or stalking

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/california-employment-discrimination-31690.html

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#42]
I have news for you, everyone who actually played basketball in NYC hated the NBA
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The NBA sanctioned "I can't breathe" t=shirts until the 2 NYPD cops got zotzed Murdered. Politics does backfire
View Quote

Yes this stupid love of deviants and criminals is getting people killed.  At least tolerating criminal actions by blacks.

I would love to see the NC governor have a press conference where he (she) points the direction away from NC.  See ya Mr Silver.

PS.....if they got state taxpayer money, present a bill for that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#44]

Fuck em.

--Does anyone know how to make one of those facebook photo overlays with the N. Carolina flag?

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote
This
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Corporate Tyranny.

View Quote

Tranny an anagram of Tyranny
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This is fascism.  When business attempts to enforce government edicts for total control over the population it is called fascism.

This is a wakeup call for adults to quit watching grown men play kids games for ridiculous sums of money.

And the really sad part is that, to the best of my knowledge, the bill doesn't prohibit gender confused bathrooms.  It merely states that the restroom owner may make that decision.  In short, it's a bill for freedom of choice for the owner of the restroom.
View Quote

To the left, that's discrimination and hate.

Edit: FUCK THE NBA. I haven't watched it in years. For good measure fuck the NFL too.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
This

If you were a chick would you want to be banged by skeletors gay brother?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:51:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Well, bye.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#50]
North Carolina should institute a tax on all NBA players who play games in Charlotte, like California does.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top