Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 12:48:43 AM EDT
http://wncn.com/2016/04/21/online-child-predator-sting-nabs-13-men-in-florida/

SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Sarasota County Sheriff’s office busted 13 men who tried to have sex with underage boys and girls.

They were caught in Operation Intercept IV, a sting where child predators reached out to detectives posing as underage children.

The men ranged in age from 18-53 years old. They responded to Internet-based ads, online apps, or social media sites. These included Tinder, MeetMe, Craigslist, Plenty of Fish, and KIK.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:52:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:56:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
http://wncn.com/2016/04/21/online-child-predator-sting-nabs-13-men-in-florida/

SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Sarasota County Sheriff’s office busted 13 men who tried to have sex with underage boys and girls.

They were caught in Operation Intercept IV, a sting where child predators reached out to detectives posing as underage children.

The men ranged in age from 18-53 years old. They responded to Internet-based ads, online apps, or social media sites. These included Tinder, MeetMe, Craigslist, Plenty of Fish, and KIK.

View Quote

Good.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:57:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

About what I expected.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:01:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't much care about the pervs that get caught in this sort of thing. But don't some of those sites have a minimum age of 18 to use? As such that would be presumptive evidence the man believed he was chatting with an adult.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:03:14 AM EDT
[#5]
In before Hugo claims "When one thinks like the criminal they chase it not only makes the task easier, it also provides cover for their own predilection for the same prey, doesn't it?"
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:13:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I once got a message on OkCupid from a girl whose profile said 18 - a bit younger than my normal contacts, but had similar interests, etc. 3 messages in she says "I really want to meet. Just to let you know, I'm younger than my profile says - hope that isn't a problem." My immediate response was "What you are proposing is a felony and I want no part of it," then blocked and reported the profile. I'm 99% certain it was a setup, especially since she contacted me (middle aged white guy) and the "younger than my profile" might go unremarked at first, since everyone fibs about their age. Certainly not entrapment, but anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together should know to run away from anything like that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:15:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

These included Tinder, MeetMe, Craigslist, Plenty of Fish, and KIK.

View Quote
What the hell are pre 18 girls doing on these sites?

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:32:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I once got a message on OkCupid from a girl whose profile said 18 - a bit younger than my normal contacts, but had similar interests, etc. 3 messages in she says "I really want to meet. Just to let you know, I'm younger than my profile says - hope that isn't a problem." My immediate response was "What you are proposing is a felony and I want no part of it," then blocked and reported the profile. I'm 99% certain it was a setup, especially since she contacted me (middle aged white guy) and the "younger than my profile" might go unremarked at first, since everyone fibs about their age. Certainly not entrapment, but anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together should know to run away from anything like that.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

You should have agreed to meet her, and then post the time and location online as a Black Lives Matter rally location with some weird believable back story.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:38:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Do convictions ever come from these cases? I seem to recall that most of the guys who showed up on the To Catch a Predator stings ending up walking.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:40:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do convictions ever come from these cases? I seem to recall that most of the guys who showed up on the To Catch a Predator stings ending up walking.
View Quote

Yes.  I've had former co-workers get busted by these.  One was actually busted on TO CATCH A PREDATOR.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:42:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes.  I've had former co-workers get busted by these.  One was actually busted on TO CATCH A PREDATOR.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was he the one that had the handcuffs and rope in his car?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:50:19 AM EDT
[#12]
After hearing about Tinder, I find it is incompatible with my my flip phone
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:08:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tons of them.  Bastards swarm in like roaches.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 2:35:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These included Tinder, MeetMe, Craigslist, Plenty of Fish, and KIK.

They aren't.  They're cops.

And good shoot.

Whatever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top