Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2003 3:01:20 PM EDT
I've been thru 2 sets of batteries with my mouse, and my wireless keyboard batteries are still going strong.

Sometimes, I come into my office, and the light on my optical mouse is flashing, and I ain't nowhere near it.

Is my mouse moonlighting on me?? Is it demon possessed???

Or am I doing something wrong, that kills the batteries??

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I would immediately contact the BATFE 1-800-283-4867 (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Electronics) and have them do a home walkthough inspection.

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
replace it with a corded model.  no battery problems again, never!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]
You'se guys are USELESS!!!!!!!!

[;)]

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]
That may very well be the case, but our mice are working, and your's isn't :P
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've been thru 2 sets of batteries with my mouse, and my wireless keyboard batteries are still going strong.

Sometimes, I come into my office, and the light on my optical mouse is flashing, and I ain't nowhere near it.

View Quote

Is it a wireless mouse as well as optical?  I have an optical mouse but it is attached via a cord to the USB port and gets it power that way.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I was surprised how fast my mouse went through batteries.  Maybe it's normal.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Why use batteries if you don't have to.

I never understood this cordless mouse/keyboard thing. If your near power, use it!!

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one of those damn things that is cordless...i go through 2 double A's every 3-4 weeks...and that little flashing light never turns off...
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Wireless mice eat batteries.

Try these:

[url]http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F009%5F002%5F000&product%5Fid=23%2D043[/url]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#10]

My wireless optical mouse used to use batteries up really quickly.

Replaced the mouse pad with a gray non-reflective one and battery life doubled.

Don't ask me why.

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You'se guys are USELESS!!!!!!!!

[;)]

View Quote

I also use an optical mouse. The bastid eats batteries. It's the way it is.
AB
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I started using the wireless mouse because I got fedup with the cord always hanging up and just the extra hassle moving the cord around (I know big deal) anyway the mouse ate the batteries every coupla days.  Well, its weird cause my dad gave me the mouse and it worked fine for him but he just upgraded to opticle.  Replacing the batteries all the time grew very tiresome so I chunked it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why use batteries if you don't have to.

I never understood this cordless mouse/keyboard thing. If your near power, use it!!

View Quote

I use mine like a remote in conjunction with TV out. thats why.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Have you considered the possibility that, while your computer is not in use, the cordless mouse may be independently communicating with SATAN?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

My Logi wireless keyboard runs 6months on one set of AAs.
my logi wireless opti mouse.. about 2 days on a set of AAs (mine is the high end ultra hungrey battery vampire MX700)
my previous ball wireless ran 1 month on AAAs. the wireless optimousman from logi will go on average 2 weeks on AAs.

the flickering is the lowpower mode, its done so the mouse can see when its moved without eating through batterys like a vampire.

my mouse also enters this "flicker" low powermode but as i said its the king of all wireless vampire mice. eats through a set of AAs in 2 days. good thing it came with 2 NIMHs and a recharging station.

MX700, as good as a wired USB mouse without the wires, finally a wireless gamer mouse! not that i ever cared. last 3 years i have been using wireless mice, wireless keyboard for about 2.

the keyboard i can just move aside when i want to use my flight stick or a racing wheel. no longer do i need to worry about the cord getting tangled. wireless on both my desktop and Server/HTPC my servers wireless mouse is a Gyro mouse. i can move my wrist while holding the mouse in the air and have it respond. quite cool.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Fact: Optical mice don't have balls. Cordless optical mice have neither balls nor external appendages.

Fact: Females use far more batteries than males.

Any questions?

cynic
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#17]
umm yea... WTF? that kinda fell flat.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#18]
My Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical goes through a pair of AAs every three weeks. I'm looking at rechargable batteries now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:18:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Nevermind.  I don't feel like being scolded.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#21]
My dad also has a wireless optical mouse.  He got tired of it going through batteries too.  So, being the resourceful and electronically inclined person that he is, he installed an on/off switch in it.  Now he just turns it off when not using it.  The batteries last much longer now since the mouse isn't constantly flashing while just sitting there.

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#22]
All the p0rn surfing will drain ...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top