Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2016 8:12:13 PM EDT
Harford Sheriff's deputies shoot off-duty Baltimore County police in standoff Thursday

Harford County Sheriff's Deputies said they shot and wounded an off-duty Baltimore County Police officer they say was suicidal, and who had shot at them, Thursday afternoon outside a home in the Bright Oaks community off Route 924 south of Bel Air.

The man who was shot, identified as James L. Ward, 42, was flown to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore with injuries that are serious but not considered life-threatening, according to Cristie Kahler, spokesperson for the Harford County Sheriff's Office.

The Baltimore County Police Department said James L. Ward is an officer first class and a 19-year veteran of the department assigned to the White Marsh precinct.

Baltimore County Police Chief Jim Johnson said Ward will be suspended without pay as soon as felony charges are filed by Harford County, the department said in a statement on its website.

"I am shocked and saddened at the actions of one of our officers this afternoon," Johnson said. "I am thankful that none of the first responders and police personnel who handled this call were physically injured. We hope that the Baltimore County officer involved in this incident receives the medical help he apparently needs so desperately."
View Quote

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/abingdon/ph-ag-bright-oaks-barricade-0422-20160421-story.html
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
IBTL

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Mobile doubletap

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I guess what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Oh well.
Screen name?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Popo brutailty!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Suicide by cop?  No, wait, he is, ah, uh,

Nevermind.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Almost had the same thing happen with a guy I used to work with.  He got drunk, suicidal and fired off a few rounds when the cops showed up.

They backed off and called in SWAT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top