Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2016 3:54:00 PM EDT
We cut the cable and have gone strictly netflix/ amazon for television.

The main thing I miss is watching cardinals baseball,  so now I have to listen to it. I need an antenna mostly for AM radio as that's where the games are best broadcast for my area.

So I'm needing an antenna for my receiver to listen to them.  I also would like to improve fm reception if possible while I'm at it. Lastly I need a television antenna to watch the local channels available. Ideally I would like the tv antenna to work for at least 2 televisions, maybe 3.

What is the simplest, most cost effective way of addressing these issues? The 2 top priorities are tv and am reception of that helps any.  I don't want any kind of large external mast.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
AM/FM, usually what came with the unit will work.

For TV, regular antenna do the trick.  I use Terk antenna
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 4:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I no longer have the AM antenna that came with my Onkyo receiver.  

And I was actually hoping to get some specific tv antenna model recommendations. Something folks have tried and liked.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I use THIS. I live 32 miles away from the phoenix Towers and around 70 miles away from the Tuscon towers. With this antenna I get both Tuscon and Phoenix channels. We cut our cable 8 years ago and this antenna was worth every penny.

ETA:
I've built an 8 bay antenna and it was better than most cheap store bought antennas. But the antenna I just linked gives me a constant full signal while my built antenna only gave me a fluctuating signal around 80 percent that would sometimes drop. If you're wanting signal to multiple TVs, then you're better off with a quality store bought antenna like the one I linked.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Make your own TV antenna.  I went though three of four store bought antennas before making my own.  Put it in the attic.  Works better than the store bought ones.  I'll find the link here in a second.

ETA:  Here you go.........Less than $10 bucks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And I was actually hoping to get some specific tv antenna model recommendations. Something folks have tried and liked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any AM antenna will work, even a piece of old speaker wiring once tossed out but retrieved just in case.

For the TV antenna, here is the one I have.    Have used it since 2011 and works for me, but I'm closer to a big city and the towers so your reception might vary.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#6]
We did the same the same thing.  I just plugged the Antennae into the someplace as the Direct TV splitter and all TVs are now free air.  

As far as baseball, I'll send you and IM.  

Art
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top