Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/11/2003 1:13:00 PM EDT
Remmber our discussions awhile back about youngins on arfcom?  Here's reason number 101 why they annoy the piss outta me:

Quoted:
i did the same thing...to my ex g/f a long long time ago.....never go back.

although i am single riight now.....and i wish i had a wife. i;ve never been married. ( i am 18) but i cant wait to get married! just wish i had someone to marry :(
View Quote

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=185986]see it in context[/url]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#1]
18~!?

Man you DO NOT WANT TO GET MARRIED at 18!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Ye gods!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brainwashing/social programming in action.

Take it from someone who's been there/done that and has to write THE CHECK every month.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I was married at 21 divorced at 22.

[size=5][b]Don't Do it![/b][/size=5]
Wait a couple of years like 8 or 9.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
im 18 but i dont annoy anyone with stupid comments! [;)]
View Quote

You just annoyed me twice by not knowing how to capitalize and by not knowing what an apostrophe is used for.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Remmber our discussions awhile back about youngins on arfcom?  Here's reason number 101 why they annoy the piss outta me:

Yep, I hear you loud & clear. I learned a long time ago if you haven' done something, you shouldn't be teaching someone else how to do it.

Marriage is not even close to the same thing as having a girl friend.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was married at 21 divorced at 22.

[size=5][b]Don't Do it![/b][/size=5]
Wait a couple of years like 8 or 9.
View Quote

Married at 19, in our 22ed year. Only knew each other about 30 days. Never know...
SSD
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#8]
18 is too young to have a drivers license.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm 28.  Is it ok for me to wish I had a wife?

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:04:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Married a 19yr old at 29, got engaged on our 2nd date, married 14 yrs this Aug.[:D] I love that woman more than air. Had lots of girlies, not even close to marriage.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You just annoyed me twice by not knowing how to capitalize and by not knowing what an apostrophe is used for.
View Quote

who are you, the goddamned english composition police?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wish for a smart, beautiful, wealthy wife who likes to clean house; as long as you're wishing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:21:21 PM EDT
[#13]
You can't generalize. Had friend miss chances because some older "wiser" person was "in the know" Been married since I got back from my first tour overseas, I was 20, she was 18. Never looked back. Best thing I ever did, but don't get married just to get married, that'll rarely if ever work. When we first started dating, I didn't know if I should let her know about my hunting, shooting and borderline obsession with weapons, caue I lost another hot girlfriend over that. I found out her grand-dad had a few rifles, and so did her dad. I let her shoot my .22. After awhile I let her see my Ars. She just said "are you ever going to let me shoot that?" After that I HAD to marry her. Point is, young doesn't mean dumb, do what's in your heart, not what someone else says, if it doesn't work, at least you did it on your own and had fun. You gotta live life by your own lead, not everyone else's.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Good thing I don't give a shit what you think norman, otherwise I might be hurt
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#15]
My wife and I dated (sort of) all through high school. We got married very young..me 21 and her 19. Everybody told us not to do it. Friends and family were up in arms and fighting us tooth and nail. They guaranteed we would not make it. LOL. 14 years this year and things get better everyday around here. I try to enjoy every moment of it as it could all come crashing down at a moments notice.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just stick a fork in your eye. You'll be happier in the long run.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, but if you want a close facsimile, go find a woman you can hate and give her your house.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:04:28 PM EDT
[#18]
So norman...because i am young, i can not have an opinion?  

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
i did the same thing...to my ex g/f a long long time ago.....never go back.

although i am single riight now.....and i wish i had a wife. i;ve never been married. ( i am 18) but i cant wait to get married! just wish i had someone to marry :(
View Quote

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=185986]see it in context[/url]
View Quote

Whats really funny is he is 18 and said [b]"a long long time ago"[/b]. LOL.... how long could it have been? 2 years ago? LOL
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:16:18 PM EDT
[#20]
yea for me along time ago was 2 years.  what of it?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just typed a nice little tirade, and now I feel better.  I deleted it 'cause it probably broke several rules.
So, please bear with me while I struggle to type something "nice", which is totally out of character for me.
How about if you're going to post about something, you post about things you know?  I'm 28.  You're not going to find me posting about retirement, or having kids, or anything like that.  If you look at my post in the original thread, I talked about what I know, and left the rest to the others.
The problem here is that since you're still wet behind the ears, you don't know shit.  Which means you'll rarely have any reason to post.  Where you should be posting is on the threads about technology, and video games, and shit that kids know about.  When some guy is on here feeling like shit about a woman, the last thing he needs to see is some kid spouting off his "opinion".  The only woman you know is your mother.  The little girls you've dated don't count for shit.  And the fact that you're 18 and desperately looking for someone to marry is pathetic.

Wow, just think what I first typed, if this is my "nice" version.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, and making threads about someone spitting out mindless stereotypes about them sure makes you the big man. When did you become the almighty and all knowing? I wasn't aware the only things younger people know involve "technology, video games and stuff kids know shit about." You're truly a god amongst men. If anything, your stupid post making a direct attack towards Citabria is more childish than anything he posted.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:26:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Well the next time you become someone with authority to tell me what I can and CAN NOT say then come complain.  until then STFU.

Oh and just because I aspire to make something of my life, and someday (can not wait for that day) support a family and a wife, does not mean I am desperate.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:30:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Just posting to tag this for reading later...

"Hey Mabel, grab the Jiffy Pop.  The young'uns is getting feisty agin".
[:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:35:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:40:24 PM EDT
[#27]
i'm 23, been married since i turned 20, just as happy as i can possibly be thank you very much

at 23, guess what i dont know anything about?  technology and video games.

assumption is the mother of all fuckups, you would think, that in your infinite knowledge gained by time on this earth, you would know that

try, oh try, to climb down from that tall horse of yours
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I just typed a nice little tirade, and now I feel better.  I deleted it 'cause it probably broke several rules.
So, please bear with me while I struggle to type something "nice", which is totally out of character for me.
How about if you're going to post about something, you post about things you know?  I'm 28.  You're not going to find me posting about retirement, or having kids, or anything like that.  If you look at my post in the original thread, I talked about what I know, and left the rest to the others.
The problem here is that since you're still wet behind the ears, you don't know shit.  Which means you'll rarely have any reason to post.  Where you should be posting is on the threads about technology, and video games, and shit that kids know about.  When some guy is on here feeling like shit about a woman, the last thing he needs to see is some kid spouting off his "opinion".  The only woman you know is your mother.  The little girls you've dated don't count for shit.  And the fact that you're 18 and desperately looking for someone to marry is pathetic.

View Quote

So let’s see...
Using Norman74's logic
Only the oldest person on this site may have the privilege of posting on subjects.
Nope…
Maybe Citabria7GCBC is young and hasn't been around the block too much. Hardly enough to post a whole thread about him...
Maybe we should call you “ol timer”???
At 28 YOU seem to still be a little wet behind the ears.
Heck I got a car older than you.

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
quote]

I'm 20.  Is it ok for me to wish I had regular access to a vagina?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Norm, I think, that if we took a vote amongst all posters, over age 50 who see this, I'll bet you would lose on this issue.. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Always remember these truths:

Love is Grand, but Divorce is (at least) a Hundred Grand.

Divorce is so expensive because it is WORTH IT!

Tread lightly, and think it thru.. mistakes in this area can be COSTLY (and I'm NOT speaking only about economics).
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
quote]

View Quote

You don't actually think that you'll get that once the ring is on the finger, do you?

Seriously, I think that most of the younger guys on this board are good people and probably are far ahead of their peers in maturity and responsibility.  I'm glad to have them here because they give me hope that the future might not be so bad.

But, with youth comes arrogance, and that's understandable for those of us who remember how we were at that age.  

Just wait 'til they discover that MTV sucks and all their favorite music is being played on VH1.  It happens right around the time you turn 30. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
quote]

View Quote

You don't actually think that you'll get that once the ring is on the finger, do you?

View Quote

Notice the word "wife" never came from my fingertips[:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

So let’s see...
Using Norman74's logic
Only the oldest person on this site may have the privilege of posting on subjects.
Nope…
Maybe Citabria7GCBC is young and hasn't been around the block too much. Hardly enough to post a whole thread about him...
Maybe we should call you “ol timer”???
At 28 YOU seem to still be a little wet behind the ears.
Heck I got a car older than you.

View Quote

Wow, you've been around all this time, and you still can't read?  That's a shame.
Try and keep up, I said post on things that you KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT.  Unfortunately, you already disregarded that by posting in this thread without bothering to read it, and therefore you don't know what you're talking about.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

who are you, the goddamned english composition police?
View Quote

You're goddamn right I am. I've got a pointy star badge somewhere that says so.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Norm, I think, that if we took a vote amongst all posters, over age 50 who see this, I'll bet you would lose on this issue.. [:D]
View Quote

Seriously?  That's odd.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I see norm's making friends again. Give 'em hell, norman!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm 51, and I think that's a little young.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

[url]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/url]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]
View Quote

I'm 55 and never married. I wish I had a watermelon!

[b][i]Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.[/i][/b]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The problem here is that since you're still wet behind the ears, you don't know shit.  Which means you'll rarely have any reason to post.  Where you should be posting is on the threads about technology, and video games, and shit that kids know about.
View Quote

[b][red]Hello Norman,

I suggest that you try to be a little more polite in the future. I don't want to have to make you sit in the corner. [;)]

EricE[/b][/red]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#41]
[ROFL][ROFL2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#42]

[argue][rolleyes]
Citabria  VS. Norman

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:05:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Norman is mostly right even if he shouldn't say mean things to the young-uns.

Listen to the voice of experience:

Just stick a fork in your eye. You'll be happier in the long run.

No, but if you want a close facsimile, go find a woman you can hate and give her your house.
View Quote

And no, that is not my experience; I have been married for 30 years. And I still have my house. But there have been days when a fork in the eye would have been the less painful alternative. Now lighten up.  [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Sifting through this stuff I see some good advice, some cynicism, and some ridicule.  Could be tough for a lad to sort out.  

Cit: I think being married is grand.  I love it.  However, this is my second time.  The first one was a painful education.  I think someone who desires a wife and family is pursuing something good.  Just don't get in such a hurry that you let hormones override reason.

Yes, there are people who have gotten married very young (18-20) and had successful marriages.  I'm glad for them, but keep in mind that they are the exception to the rule.  The younger you are, the more the odds are stacked against you.

You need to find someone with a common value system.  For example, if you take your religion seriously, finding a wife who shares the same faith provides a solid foundation to build upon.  

Common interests are also important.  Doing things together helps to build the relationship.  Likewise, shared goals (both short- and long-term) provide you with something to work toward together.

A key factor in a successful relationship is both people giving of themselves to the other.  If one person is giving and the other is just taking it isn't healthy and will self-destruct.

Take your time and don't rush it.  The patience you invest at this end of your life will pay off down the road.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Im tired of all you old broke dicks giving us younger guys shit. I admit that alot of us are not as experienced as you, but think back to what a dumbass you were when you were our age. How about instead of just talkin shit, offer some advice to us young guns? Some of us will listen.

I would bet that some of you guys would be suprised to how many of the industry guys around here are in their early 20's.
Just because your older doesnt mean that you know shit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Take your time and don't rush it.  The patience you invest at this end of your life will pay off down the road.
View Quote

Thanks for this advice. It is seriously good, and i will take it to heart.  

As far as patience goes, all i said is "I can not wait to get married."  this doesnt mean i am going out to look for the first chick i see and get hitched.  I just can not way for the day when i find the one, and get married. i think marrage will turn out to be an adventure of a lifetime.  thats just my .02cents.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
How about instead of just talkin shit, offer some advice to us young guns? Some of us will listen.
View Quote

For example, a more adult thing to have done, was maybe pull me aside on IM or e-mail, and had a private conversation about whatever it is which you dont like about any of my statments. Trying to publicly embarrass me in a thread is childish in itself.  am i right?  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:09:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Citabria7GCBC,
    Don't worry about it...Some people have way too much time on their hands...You can throw in your .02 anytime you feel the need to...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Got married at 19 after knowning her for 6 months. 7 years later, all is going well...
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Ok...I'm going to have to take up for the young in here.

While I do feel that 18 is too young to get married(and that's my opinion) everyone wants to think, dream, fantasize, etc. about what their future holds.  If the young in wants to voice his dream for the future then so be it.

Norman lighten up...you'll live longer.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top