Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 4/21/2016 10:47:54 AM EDT
http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/trump-transgender-bathrooms-222257

"Leave it the way it is. North Carolina, what they're going through with all the business that's leaving, all of the strife -- and this is on both sides. Leave it the way it is," he said, referring to companies that have canceled plans to move or expand businesses in the state as a result of the law, which bans transgender individuals from using a bathroom that does not match their gender at birth.

"There have been very few complaints the way it is. People go. They use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate," Trump said. "There has been so little trouble. And the problem with what happened in North Carolina is the strife and the economic -- I mean, the economic punishment that they're taking."

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:49:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Sensible approach IMO.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The more I see of Trump, the more I'm gonna hate voting for him.   What a fucking pathetic excuse for a GOP nomination.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Let people use whichever restroom they want, and let them personally accept the repercussions when other people feel threatened.

Pretty simple, isn't it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sensible approach IMO.
View Quote
Yep.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#5]

I love watching his supporters continue to attempt to rationalize away all of the stupid shit trump says.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Way to lose NC, Donald!  Hillary appreciates the help.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:56:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sensible approach IMO.
View Quote

It's sensible for government to direct private businesses as to how they designate their bathrooms and locker rooms?

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Let people use whichever restroom they want, and let them personally accept the repercussions when other people feel threatened.

Pretty simple, isn't it?
View Quote

What exactly do you think the "repercussions when other people feel threatened" are going to be allowed to be?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's sensible for government to direct private businesses as to how they designate their bathrooms and locker rooms?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sensible approach IMO.

That's what NC did.

Trump is of the idea that it should be left as it is before North Carolina decided to open the can of worms that was legislating who can and cannot go into bathrooms. I agree with Trump, especially since transgender people have been using the old system of male and female bathrooms for years. There was never a major issue in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's what NC did.

Trump is of the idea that it should be left as it is before North Carolina decided to open the can of worms that was legislating who can and cannot go into bathrooms. I agree with Trump, especially since transgender people have been using the old system of male and female bathrooms for years. There was never a major issue in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sensible approach IMO.

That's what NC did.

No, that's what the city of Charlotte did.  HB2 explicitly leaves private businesses to do as they see fit.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Target agrees with Trump......................

Target Takes Stand on Transgender Bathroom Controversy

Target said Tuesday that transgender customers at its stores are welcome to use the bathroom that matches their gender identity, the latest corporate reaction to a wave of legislation seen by critics as anti-LGBT.

"We welcome transgender team members and guests to use the restroom or fitting room facility that corresponds with their gender identity," the retailer said. "Everyone deserves to feel like they belong."
View Quote

Except for those who feel they aren't in their safe zone when they take a dump.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#12]
WHAT?!  A Democrat supports transgender restrooms?  How is this news?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sensible approach IMO.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:05:49 AM EDT
[#14]
A life-long liberal democrat supporting liberal causes?  Shut the front door!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No, that's what the city of Charlotte did.  HB2 explicitly leaves private businesses to do as they see fit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sensible approach IMO.

That's what NC did.

And that is what most people can't seem to understand.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:06:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Still better than Hildog.  

#NEVERHILLARY
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sensible approach IMO.

That's what NC did.

Feels are more important than facts.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:09:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit.  The TN bill (which got torpedoed, BTW  ) didn't effect a single fucking thing except restroom and locker room facilities in public schools.  But the LBGTBBQLSMFT crowd was shouting from the rooftops that it was going to result in state-sanctioned homo truck-draggings.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The more I see of Trump, the more I'm gonna hate determined I become that I'm not voting for him.   What a fucking pathetic excuse for a GOP nomination.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What exactly do you think the "repercussions when other people feel threatened" are going to be allowed to be?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty simple, isn't it?

Don't know, don't care.

Punching a man in the face after he calls your wife fat, is still assault. But in a polite society it is understandable and you could argue that it is warranted.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what NC did.

Ah, well thank you for correcting me.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trump just avoided stepping on a landmine, remember all the stupid shit Romney didn't avoid?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Trump just avoided stepping on a landmine, remember all the stupid shit Romney didn't avoid?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, just like trump avoided Chris matthews land mine about abortion

keep peddling it
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
No shit.  The TN bill (which got torpedoed, BTW  ) didn't effect a single fucking thing except restroom and locker room facilities in public schools.  But the LBGTBBQLSMFT crowd was shouting from the rooftops that it was going to result in state-sanctioned homo truck-draggings.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Slippery Slope concept, funny how that applies to everything.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm in agreement w/ the latter part of it; things were going decently as it was. Why raise a stink in such a OH TEH NOES MY JUSTICE time?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:12:31 AM EDT
[#26]
How is this even a fucking issue.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:14:42 AM EDT
[#27]
A GOP poop plank.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

keep peddling it
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

keep peddling it
Once you hit a  mine, your a little more careful where you walk.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote
It shouldn't be. All of the social conservative wedge issues shouldn't even be in the realm of politics but a subset of the hardline Christian conservative movement is all about using government to force their worldview on everyone else.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Still better than Hildog.  

#NEVERHILLARY
View Quote

But not better than Cruz.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

The more I see of Trump, the more I'm gonna hate voting for him.   What a fucking pathetic excuse for a GOP nomination.
View Quote

Then vote/Write in Ted Cruz
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

So you're okay with some 30 year old guy walking into and using the same restroom as your wife or better yet, your 13 year old daughter?

I know no wife and no daughter. Someday maybe you will have and maybe even get some morals
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

keep peddling it

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That'll show Hillary. Great winning strategy you guys have.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Pandering for the CA vote

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:22:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Not a fan of transgenderism, but where do they go when they have to go? If they cross dress, then even the right place looks wrong.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:22:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Our Republican Tenn state reps just tried to pass this law allowing it.  Got pushed back for now at least.   I really don't know what the fuck is going on in this country anymore
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:23:41 AM EDT
[#38]
girl bathrooms don't have urinals...  only stalls...  it's not like a man pulls his cock out next to a little girl's face.  let the weirdos do their thing.  is it okay that gay men use the same bathroom as hetero men?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Would have been fine if Charlotte hadn't tried to play SJW.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:25:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Not a fan of transgenderism, but where do they go when they have to go? If they cross dress, then even the right place looks wrong.
View Quote
Concealed means concealed.

The fact is that these nonsense laws are completely unenforceable if a person actually can pass as the opposite sex. The guys defending this shit know this but these laws caress their feels and make them happy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seems like a bit of discrimination. I guess business should be required to put in a separate restroom to accommodate them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:25:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
girl bathrooms don't have urinals...  only stalls...  
View Quote

Check your privilege.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Trump Train next stop: Liberalville
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#44]
He needs to "say anything" to get elected then do the "real stuff".
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#45]
double hit
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Remember when Trump stepped on his dick with the abortion question?  The response here was that Trump should have known better how to avoid that trap, even if what he said is true.

Now here comes another trap, and Trump says something sensible and completely avoids the trap.  The response here is that Trump should have jumped in head first and taken the bait.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#49]

Bet you never believed you'd agree with this guy...

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
On the other hand should it really be on me to wade in there and drag out of some wise guy trying to make a point by claiming to "identify as a woman" (or some pedophile or whatever)?  
View Quote

Sure... on then on you to be polite to the arresting officer, post bail, and defend yourself against the criminal charges and civil suits....

Protected class is protected.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top