Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2016 9:08:23 AM EDT
So my pup is sick again he's having trouble breathing and hacking up white crap. It kinda started yesterday but I woke up this morning to him pretty bad off...and this isn't the first time, he had a rough patch of this back in the summer but an antibiotic shot cleared it up.

From what I understand, it sounds like kennel cough but idk, I've got an appointment at 10 so until then I'm here just twiddling my thumbs . My buddy has always been kinda sickly (had pneumonia when he was a few weeks old and probably KC) but when this rolls around, I get really worried

This is my buddy Virgil, sweetest damn dog I've ever been around and pray that he gets better
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:11:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Here's to hoping your buddy is alright.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:27:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. He may be the dreaded BoP but I'm serious when I say he's the sweetest dog. He seems to be doing better for the moment
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Prayers sent.
View Quote

This.

Good looking dog.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#5]
If you have any Robitussin-DM gels, most vets will allow them. I used them on my lab when he got kennel cough, it's just a suppressant to keep inflammation down from non-productive coughs.

You might want to just call the vet, I'm not sure if you can give them the kind that loosens mucus.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Hope your buddy gets better.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Wish you luck with your buddy.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#9]
10 am? the fuck? find a god damn vet that actually wakes up before 9 am. Mine opens at 8.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you have any Robitussin-DM gels, most vets will allow them. I used them on my lab when he got kennel cough, it's just a suppressant to keep inflammation down from non-productive coughs.

You might want to just call the vet, I'm not sure if you can give them the kind that loosens mucus.
View Quote

Huh, interesting. He's had some other stuff going on so I'm still running over there but I'll be sure to ask. Thanks.

And thanks everyone for the kind words
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
10 am? the fuck? find a god damn vet that actually wakes up before 9 am. Mine opens at 8.
View Quote

Well wait, I should've rephrased. My appointment is at 10. Really crappy wording on my part. Idk why I put "opens"
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:45:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This.

Good looking dog.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Prayers sent.

This.

Good looking dog.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well wait, I should've rephrased. My appointment is at 10. Really crappy wording on my part. Idk why I put "opens"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh ok well thats actually pretty good to get a 10 am spot same day. I'm pulling for your pup so are Gege and Roscoe.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Hope he gets better.

Looks like he's got some choc lab in him.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

oh ok well thats actually pretty good to get a 10 am spot same day. I'm pulling for your pup so are Gege and Roscoe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks man. But yeah, there's some perks to going to the same vet as I adopted him from. It's across town but if I ever need anything, they get me a time ASAP
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:55:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hope he gets better.

Looks like he's got some choc lab in him.
View Quote

You're not the first to say that. He's mostly amstaff but the rest is just mutt so it's very possible
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top