Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2016 8:46:02 AM EDT
Turns out, this bitch is into S&M. Moreso, the S part than the M.

She was hotter than hell but, damn, enough is enough.

Wife and I were getting into the swing of things, so to speak when I felt something on my left forearm. Then again a few inches further up.

About that time the first spot started really getting hot. Hot enough to break my concentration. Starting to burn like hell's fire.

"Ow. OOOOWWWW"

Wife: What's wrong?

"Fucking OUCH! My arm is on fire"

I'm thinking I've torn a tendon or muscle or pinched a nerve. Getting old sucks.

Turn on the light and a big, red, wasp was having her way with my arm.  SMASH and that was the end of that shit.

Wife (laughing hysterically): That's what you get. I told you not to have the window open without putting the screen back in.  I guess we're getting up now?

"I ain't that allergic to wasps."
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:48:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Better your arm than your peter.

Although your might not agree.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Wife and I were getting into the swing of things, so to speak when I felt something on my left forearm. Then again a few inches further up.

About that time the first spot started really getting hot. Hot enough to break my concentration. Starting to burn like hell's fire.

"Ow. OOOOWWWW"

I'm thinking I've torn a tendon or muscle or pinched a nerve. Getting old sucks.

Turn on the light and a big, red, wasp was having her way with my arm.  SMASH and that was the end of that shit.

Wife (laughing hysterically): That's what you get. I told you not to have the window open without putting the screen back in.  I guess we're getting up now?

View Quote

You crazy OP!  No f---ing way I'd do that,  I would be come a mosquito buffet in about 15 mins...
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You crazy OP!  No f---ing way I'd do that,  I would be come a mosquito buffet in about 15 mins...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Ow. OOOOWWWW"

Skeeters ain't out yet, here. Getting close.

Our screens were worse for the wear at the end of last season. They're a bastard size so I'm having to make them and I'm a bit of a procrastinator. Looks like I know what project is getting tackled this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:02:46 AM EDT
[#4]
No way could I do that.
Aired out the hose a few years ago with doors open came inside to find a snake laying in living room liked he belonged there.
Never again.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:16:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't think she'd want it to swell up any bigger.

It's weird. Wasps burn real bad but don't make me swell and the pain is gone in an hour.

Ground bees, and hornets are a concern. Got hit three spots on the leg a couple summers ago by ground bees and my calf was double in size by that evening. Popped a few Benadryl just in case.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Imagine if that bitch had nailed you on your scrotum!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:24:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

yesh,the swelling might NEVER go down............
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:31:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Glad I ordered up some epi pens early. Seven months of no hornets. Then one morning legions come out of hibernation seriously pissed. Haven't been stung yet though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#9]
One time I was peacefully fishing along the bank.  I took a swallow out of my silver bullet Coors light and a yellow jacket that had crawled inside stung the inside of my throat on the way down the hatch.  I think benadryl saved my life.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
One time I was peacefully fishing along the bank.  I took a swallow out of my silver bullet Coors light and a yellow jacket that had crawled inside stung the inside of my throat on the way down the hatch.  I think benadryl saved my life.
View Quote

Entirely possible.

Benadryl is in every FAK I have and for that particular reason, not just for itchy watery eyes.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought OP got a dog or cat..
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#12]

My wife got lit up by ground wasps/bees/whatever last season. She was clearing out weeds between our fence and retaining wall, and apparently that's where their headquarters are.

Five or six stings and two Benadryl later, she's drunk-eyed and slurred speech. After the pain wore off it became funny.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I've had way more wasps and big bumble bees here so far this year than I can remember any other year. I'm going to spray the yard with bug killer, don't need the dogs getting stung.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Lol thats pretty good
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lol thats pretty good
View Quote

I'm sure you were hoping for a different direction of story line.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#16]
ROFL
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same thing happened to my grandfather many years ago.  Luckily my mother was able to get him some Benadryl before the swelling of his tongue cut off his airway.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Our screens were worse for the wear at the end of last season. They're a bastard size so I'm having to make them and I'm a bit of a procrastinator. Looks like I know what project is getting tackled this weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Ow. OOOOWWWW"

Tell that to my feet. I was out in the garage a few nights ago putting a trailer tow wiring harness in our SUV and got bit 4 or 5 times.

I never used to have issues with mosquitoes here, but in recent years it seems I can't go out and work in the garage for more than a couple minutes (usually I'm barefoot ) without getting bit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Let one of these sting you and ........

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#20]
My passionate hate of paper wasps runs deep. Childhood me would skip the wasp spray in favor of a pellet gun for the initial engagement being very careful to leave the nest in its place until I had picked as many of them off as possible. Only then getting the spray to soak the eggs with.

Seeing a red wasp explode into tiny pieces, or simply cut in half is quite satisfying
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#21]

I'm gonna take a rain check on that.

I was a kid, down at the family cabin(shack in the woods). There were these extra giant wasps that liked these certain flowers that grew around the cabin. I was shooting them with my Super Blackhawk .44 mag. Dad mentioned, "Don'tchya think that's a little overkill?"

"Have you seen the size of these things? I ain't takin' no chances". BOOM!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:20:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My passionate hate of paper wasps runs deep. Childhood me would skip the wasp spray in favor of a pellet gun for the initial engagement being very careful to leave the nest in its place until I had picked as many of them off as possible. Only then getting the spray to soak the eggs with.

Seeing a red wasp explode into tiny pieces, or simply cut in half is quite satisfying
View Quote

That brings back another memory. (I'm full of them)

At a USPSA match, with my squad standing around waiting our turn at a stage, there was a wood hornet boring into the shelter we were under.

He ducked out of his hole and I drew my knife (some one handed folder, forget which) and as he flew past I wacked him right in half. A lucky shot, admittedly. But, one of my buddies goes, "Goddam. You're fucking dangerous".
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I was a kid, down at the family cabin(shack in the woods). There were these extra giant wasps that liked these certain flowers that grew around the cabin. I was shooting them with my Super Blackhawk .44 mag. Dad mentioned, "Don'tchya think that's a little overkill?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Entirely possible.

Benadryl is in every FAK I have and for that particular reason, not just for itchy watery eyes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Entirely possible.

Actually, Benadryl doesn't help with edema ... Hives, itching, yes.  Tongue swelling, throat closing, no.  Epinephrine is what you need in those cases and studies show delayed onset and misuse of antihistamines may significantly increase risk of life threatening reaction.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/anaphylaxis/Pages/default.aspx

Just don't want people to rely on wrong info ...
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:58:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Open windows?? Lol

I've been running my a/c for close to a month.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Actually, Benadryl doesn't help with edema ... Hives, itching, yes.  Tongue swelling, throat closing, no.  Epinephrine is what you need in those cases and studies show delayed onset and misuse of antihistamines may significantly increase risk of life threatening reaction.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Entirely possible.

Looks like that study is more directed at food allergies.

I'll do more research, but several docs I've known say to use Benadryl for allergic reaction, absent an epi pen.

We all know how "studies" go. Butter was gonna kill us. Then it was hydrogenated veggie oil. Salt was supposed to give us hyper tension. Now, not so.  Grains are the staple of every healthy diet.....no wait, those are high glycemic foods making us fat and giving us the beetus.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Starting your "Alone" training?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Starting your "Alone" training?
View Quote

Well, I certainly have the "fat reserve" part down.

Would do me good to eat snails and seaweed for a couple months.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I thought this was a "dog rammed it's snout up my butt-crack" story.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#30]
LOL
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#31]
well if it bit your thumb you could play a wicked slap bass.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too.  Once I got a long lick across the old scrote and up to the starfish.

Lost wood immediately and never had sex with the dog in the room again.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:47:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang. That costs extra, usually.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Milk bones are cheap.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'll do more research, but several docs I've known say to use Benadryl for allergic reaction, absent an epi pen.

We all know how "studies" go. Butter was gonna kill us. Then it was hydrogenated veggie oil. Salt was supposed to give us hyper tension. Now, not so.  Grains are the staple of every healthy diet.....no wait, those are high glycemic foods making us fat and giving us the beetus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Entirely possible.

While true that is more geared toward food allergies, it doesn't change the way an allergic response goes in the body.  The mediators are basically the same in response to food or sting.  If you have a known allergy and have either had an anaphylactic event that put you in the hospital or an allergic reaction that involved two or more organ systems you should consider epinephrine. Not saying Benadryl doesn't have its place, but your alone in the woods and your throat starts closing, an antihistamine won't help or stop that. As stated Benadryl helps with itching and hives.

I'm not a doctor but know quite about this. Have had a lot of experience in this area and even a friend who died from a single hornet sting. He knew he was allergic, had EpiPen, but chose not to use it thinking an antihistamine was enough. His reaction cascaded to the point where epi had no real effect. Now the thinking in the medical community is past reactions are poor predictors of future reactions and epinephrine is first line. The crux is know anaphylactic event vs. allergic reaction. That goes back to organ systems. 2 or more organ systems is typically considered anaphylactic event now and epi used.  So with your sting, you arm swells (edema) and you throw up, get dizzy, have trouble breathing, etc. you need med attention. Benadryl can be given in the absence of an EpiPen, but you should be on way to get help in case it progresses beyond what an antihistamine can do.  

My best example is Will Smith in that movie where he is a "date doctor" and his face swells from a fish reaction.  In the movie, he drinks Benadryl ... Almost all allergists I know, say that scene does a disservice to people and can get real life patients into trouble or death thinking that is what you do ...

Just my 2 cents.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Milk bones are cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Milk bones are cheap.

That reminds me of Road Trip ... "It's not cheating, it's your dog"

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/SIk05.png

My wife got lit up by ground wasps/bees/whatever last season. She was clearing out weeds between our fence and retaining wall, and apparently that's where their headquarters are.

Five or six stings and two Benadryl later, she's drunk-eyed and slurred speech. After the pain wore off it became funny.
View Quote

ANATOMY OF A WASP

(shows picture of a hornet)
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:50:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Last year I ran over a previously undiscovered nest of ground hornets, wasps, or yellow jackets with my weed whacker.  They quickly let me know in no uncertain terms that the noise and vibrations of my weed whacker were not welcome any where near their nest.  I got nailed a bunch of times.  As the nest was in the same area where my little dogs run, I didn't want to put a bunch of poison around, but the nest definitely had to go.  So, I finally found a great, non-toxic way to get rid of them.

Wait until after dark when it is cooler, and they have returned to the nest.  Locate the opening to the nest, and cover it with something like window screen so they can't get out.  Cut a very small slit in the screen, and dump a bunch of liquid dish soap into the hole....and I mean a bunch.  Then put your hose into the hole, and turn it on low, and let it run all night long.  Apparently, the water carries the soap into the nest, and either the soap is toxic, or when it touches the wasps, they can no longer fly.  In any case, when I checked in the morning they were almost all gone.  By mid afternoon the nest was absoutely dead....and my dogs were safe.  

While I really enjoy killing the nest outright (like the ones under the eves of the house), there is something satisfying about doing them all in by using something non toxic to my dogs, and local non insect wildlife.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Ever curious what was inside a wasp nest?  Better yet, did you ever want to see someone wasting their money actually buying  wasp nest?

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:41:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about sex with the dog in other places?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top