Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2016 9:53:06 PM EDT
I have a new YouTube channel centered around outdoor activities, including firearms.  I am working all avenues of social media, YT, FB, IG, Twitter,Tumblr, etc.  I do try to join in on discussions where my videos might be relevant.  Any other words of wisdom?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Tell all your subs to be sure to click the Thumbs Up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:54:41 PM EDT
[#2]
More boobs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
know a girl with big tits? have her in your videos
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe with all the YouTube money you'll make, you can buy a membership.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:11:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I paid for my college education with internet marketing.

It will be difficult for you to make a meaningful sum from Youtube views alone, because they are not very lucrative, and this will be especially true in your niche. I recommend that you buy traffic for one of your best videos. Get the view count to around 100k and that video's exposure will help pull your entire channel up. Then use whatever adsense profits you receive to repeat this process. Organic traffic is still predicated on quality, but revenue is now heavily predicated on view duration: Youtube's focus on viewer engagement has completely destroyed well made, but short, videos (think of freddiew, collegehumor, .ect).

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:12:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Questions are free, answers cost money. IM me for paypal adrs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:26:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I've made 4 bucks this month

Good quality videos, relevant, with using analytics app.

I'm working on getting mine up and going.

Also, posting in arfcom is a good way.

Example:

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I don't have ads turned on, so I am not trying to earn money on the videos. I was going to buy a membership, but went to order and realized they don't take PayPal. I plan to make the jump though and buy one.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well I don't have ads turned on, so I am not trying to earn money on the videos. I was going to buy a membership, but went to order and realized they don't take PayPal. I plan to make the jump though and buy one.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Monetize them bad boys.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Tits and asses.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I run one of the most successful gear and tactical YouTube channels in existance. My winning technique is I try to keep my video packed with information. I also use lots of special acronyms to build a brand and draw the viewer in. 10-20 minutes of sweet gear review goodness, non stop, right to the dome.

jk

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Hey, Wranglerstar does it.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I run one of the most successful gear and tactical YouTube channels in existance. My winning technique is I try to keep my video packed with information. I also use lots of special acronyms to build a brand and draw the viewer in. 10-20 minutes of sweet gear review goodness, non stop, right to the dome.

jk

View Quote

Nutn, izzat chu?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Good audio and video quality helps a lot.

Having a fucking camera man/tripod so I don't have to watch you fucking struggle with one hand helps a lot.

Looking like you put more thought into the video than "hey where's my camera, I need to record this shit" helps a lot.

Not having a stupid fucking minute long intro helps a lot.

No mouth breathing and not having an annoying voice helps a lot too.

Can't tell you how many videos I've closed with like 3 words in, fuck that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#17]
If your videos have decent quality audio and content subcribe to similar channels with low subscription numbers and they usually sub back. Also be active on comments on other channels.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Keep a close eye on your admins. They can really sink a promising YouTube career with their deceit and dishonesty.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:05:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Good audio and video quality helps a lot.

Having a fucking camera man/tripod so I don't have to watch you fucking struggle with one hand helps a lot.

Looking like you put more thought into the video than "hey where's my camera, I need to record this shit" helps a lot.

Not having a stupid fucking minute long intro helps a lot.

No mouth breathing and not having an annoying voice helps a lot too.

Can't tell you how many videos I've closed with like 3 words in, fuck that.
View Quote

All of the above are great. I only make about $50/mo off of my channel, but it's better than nothing. I'm doing whatever I'm doing in the videos regardless so it's just a bit of my time to record and edit them together. I do voice over all my stuff and I have a voice for radio from what I'm told. I don't like to do anything hand held unless absolutely necessary. People will watch and subscribe based on content first and foremost though. Without solid content anything else is a waste of time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:07:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I only use YouTube as a repository for complementary content for my site. However, I have a pretty good idea for how to make firearms sites successful, which should translate to the YouTube world as well.

The first thing is presentation quality. If it's a site, you need to be able to write coherently and you need organizational skills to keep your articles focused. Video isn't so different. If you don't come across as intelligent, level-headed, and knowledgeable I'll turn it off in the first minute. This is actually a lot tougher than it sounds. I could never do video because I focus too much on the camera and not the topic at hand. You also need a decent camera, a tripod, and good enough audio that you can actually be heard.

Beyond those basics, know that reviews will always be your most sustainable source of traffic. Political discussions have the potential for explosive viewership, but it doesn't continue to flow in after that particular topic has gone stale. If you keep an ear/eye to the firearms community, it is pretty easy to identify guns and gear that people frequently ask about. These things make for great material, but unless you partner with a retailer/manufacturer, it will get expensive.

Always make sure that you're providing some sort of useful insight about the things you present. If I can get the same information from a manufacturer's website, your piece isn't very useful to me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Keep a close eye on your admins. They can really sink a promising YouTube career with their deceit and dishonesty.
View Quote

Cory?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nutn, izzat chu?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

jk

Nutn, izzat chu?

He said 10-20 min - that would be a short video for Nutn
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:18:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Tits and asses.
View Quote

My videos mostly involve just me while I'm free solo climbing.  Is this still a prudent strategy?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aw lawdy!  My micro valve just prolapsed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Nothing wrong with 10-20min if it's good content, it can seem like half that amount of time.  

If I see a video is only 2-3min I'll often skip it and go to the 15min one. If I'm watching a video for a potential purchase or info or something that's what I want, info, in detail. A 2 minute it's good or it's bad doesn't give that to me.

And personally I like hearing negatives in a video. I want to know the bad or issues with something. Many videos, while entering are nothing but talking something up. Again, while it might be entertaining, it's not particularly helpful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top