Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 8:37:25 PM EDT
Not really a big deal, I'd been using about a half a tin of Camel Frost everyday.  No huge cravings, but last night my body punished me for stealing something so dear to it.  

I woke up at 1 am with a fever of 101.4, a terrible sore throat, crushing headache and my throat swelling closed to where I was snoring so bad that when I did drift off I would stop breathing and jerk back awake.  Today sucked.  I need sleep.

Moral of the story is:  Negotiate better if you're going to take away things your body really likes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]
chewed red man and levi for 35 years and one day I had heart palps. I set the pack in the drawer and
never looked back and honestly if I kept myself busy and worked until tired it never bothered me.

every day I would catch myself reaching into my rear pocket out of habit and after a good meal or working
in the yard it made me want a chew but it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be.

I was up to 2 packs a day and the price was getting stupid so the time was right as well.

first 2 weeks I missed it the most but now its nothing to me and that was 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Not really a big deal, I'd been using about a half a tin of Camel Frost everyday.  No huge cravings, but last night my body punished me for stealing something so dear to it.  

I woke up at 1 am with a fever of 101.4, a terrible sore throat, crushing headache and my throat swelling closed to where I was snoring so bad that when I did drift off I would stop breathing and jerk back awake.  Today sucked.  I need sleep.

Moral of the story is:  Negotiate better if you're going to take away things your body really likes.
View Quote

I used to bounce between frost and the orange one. Waaay easier to quit than smoking, which is what I do now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Well at least you didnt turn into a vapist.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I used to bounce between frost and the orange one. Waaay easier to quit than smoking, which is what I do now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Used to chew Copenhagen like it was my job. Quit that for a few years and was nicotine free. Had a cigar with my brother when he got back from AFG. Only took one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:58:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to dip and chew but mostly smoked. Found out right after I quit smoking for over 40 years that I had COPD. Tobacco is a bad drug.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top