Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2016 7:26:06 PM EDT
My zipcode was just named the #1 overdose area in the county.

Today this was posted on the news

http://www.13abc.com/home/headlines/Narc-Me-parties-are-a-deadly-new-twist-to-Heroin-376440131.html

Toledo, Ohio "Narc-Me" parties or "Lazarus Parties" are now adding another level of danger to the heroin epidemic. This is where a group of addicts decide they're going to shoot up on heroin and then someone remains sober, with the heroin anti-dote narcan standing by in case someone overdoses.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Go big or go home. Or die. Maybe.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Go big or go home. Or die. Maybe.
View Quote

Liven it up a little.  Have 1 more hot load than you have doses of narcan for a very real game of musical chairs!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:30:15 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF
Quote:
"There's no way of knowing how many doses of narcan will work"
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#4]
good luck finding the "sober" one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Everyone's passed out, one little bit won't hurt."
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
So they do a bigger dose to get higher with the idea that the "sober" junkie can save them?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:35:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

That's like going to a gangbang for the beer.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]
That's like a Darwin GameShow or something.......
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought heroin users hated getting the narcan?  Doesn't it basically throw them into withdraw immediately?

Seems dumb, but they are heroin users...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's like a Darwin GameShow or something.......
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Couldn't happen to a nicer group.  Maybe they'll do us all a favor and off themselves quietly.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Fuck em, let them face the consequences of their decisions.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:42:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, I admire their motivation to have someone on standby. I mean shit, that seems like a lot of forethought and planning for people who basically sit around banging drugs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:42:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Why don't I believe that the world will miss them when they OD?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:43:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:43:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Darwin is killing it this year ... it's a new record!

On a serious note I feel bad for their families.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#17]

I told the ladyfriend (M.D., PhD.) about this.  Her response:

"That's a lot of trust to put in that one person.  I don't want that responsibility.  Fuck that."

Especially when a whole lifetime of bad decisions has led every one of those motherfuckers to that party.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#18]
I just don't get the appeal to such a drug where you pretty much pass out seconds after injecting it.  So much fun!!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I mean, that's the responsible thing to do. If you have a sober sitter who can recognize and safely treat an o.d. then there's no need to call an ambulance or clog up the medical system. That's pretty much the definition of "doesn't affect me."

Using that as an excuse to see how much you can inject is dumb, but there's no law against being dumb.

And now I sit back and wait for the drug warriors to pile on.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Lol, the stuff they give is set up for intranasal so if they take a shitload then intranasal isn't very effective. Since they are junkies, I'm sure they will be fine poking themselves to administer it, so that might work. But, Narcan doesn't last very long so unless they know how to dose it and breath for them I still foresee much darwinism. At least this will make the 911 calls more fun, more intubations for everyone!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I mean, that's the responsible thing to do. If you have a sober sitter who can recognize and safely treat an o.d. then there's no need to call an ambulance or clog up the medical system. That's pretty much the definition of "doesn't affect me."

Using that as an excuse to see how much you can inject is dumb, but there's no law against being dumb.
View Quote

LOL at the notion of heroin users being "responsible."

Narcan is the opposite of natural selection and whoever invented it did a tremendous disservice to humanity. It is a drug with almost no purpose other than absolving idiots of their life threatening actions.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#22]
To be honest, I doubt the veracity of this story. I think someone trolled Channel 13
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yea, it is very responsible to count on some moron who probably also wants to get high to properly administer Narcan.  That's a stretch even in this context but hey it is their lives and I simply don't have too many fucks to give for them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

To be honest, I doubt the veracity of this story. I think someone trolled Channel 13
View Quote

No, this crap really happens, especially when liberal public health agencies start passing out free Narcan to junkies. Sometimes they intentionally OD and have their homeboy slowly administer the Narcan to try to achieve the "ultimate almost overdosing" high

We should replace every syringe of Narcan carried around in the wild with an epi-pen, that way we'd save a couple innocent children with bee sting allergies and lose thousands of junkies.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#25]
YOLO!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:12:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like a pickle surprise party waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#28]
LOL, junkies.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

http://www.13abc.com/home/headlines/Narc-Me-parties-are-a-deadly-new-twist-to-Heroin-376440131.html

Toledo, Ohio "Narc-Me" parties or "Lazarus Parties" are now adding another level of danger to the heroin epidemic. This is where a group of addicts decide they're going to shoot up on heroin and then someone remains sober, with the heroin anti-dote narcan standing by in case someone overdoses.
View Quote
View Quote

Yay Toledo!  

Ill stick to living about 20 miles south in BG. The commute to Oregon may be a little longer, but I have no desire to live anywhere near some of that shit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just don't get the appeal to such a drug where you pretty much pass out seconds after injecting it.  So much fun!!!!
View Quote

That's not how the average dose of heroin works.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I thought heroin users hated getting the narcan?  Doesn't it basically throw them into withdraw immediately?

View Quote

Nope it chemically Neutralizes the Opiate.....INSTANT Sober...which is why EVERY Scumbag Junky Fuck I ever saw Narcaned, Young, Old, Male, Female pops up swinging as the Narcan hits
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Enjoy your party.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#33]
At the risk of sounding callous;  does NARCAN somewhat   interfere with the normal self correcting junkie problem ?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#35]
This story is horseshit. No heroin addict is going to stay clean and watch his buddies get loaded. Heroin is not really a social drug.Its not like sniffing coke off a mirror or having some drinks. A dope feind is going to fix his dope and then nod off in a corner,scratch himself and vomit occasionally.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mia Wallace is the example you seek.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#37]
I nominate Jimmy to be the doctor today!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Except the human body metabolizes Narcan a LOT faster then it does opiates.  Basically once Narcan is administered there is a lot of follow on medical care that MUST be given in very short order or the patient basically OD's again when the Narcan in their system is used up, but the opiates remain.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:06:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
At the risk of sounding callous;  does NARCAN somewhat   interfere with the normal self correcting junkie problem ?
View Quote

Yes, though I did see it administered to a guy that had someone slip some shit in his drink at a bar as a joke.  Funny joke, dude almost died.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Sounds like a pickle surprise party waiting to happen.
View Quote

Chester: I volunteer to stay sober and hold the Narcan

Junkie: I didn't know you even got high.

Chester: Whatever.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#41]
one stays sober?? yeah because drug addicts are so responsible

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Darwin is killing it this year ... it's a new record!

On a serious note I feel bad for their families.
View Quote

"Thank You."
Lost a Son to it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
View Quote

So you're going to bet your life on another heroin addict remaining sober while everyone shoots up?

Great plan.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Sounds almost as much fun as such Startin a 12 guage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top