Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/20/2016 6:39:44 PM EDT
I received an Email today from Brownells with the above title.  The content of the email shows an AR receiver surrounded by wisps of smoke.  I may be reading too much in to this, but does anyone besides myself find it inappropriate to link their marketing strategy to a day devoted to drug use?  I have always considered Brownells to be a company that responsibly represented the firearms community.  As a country have we come this far that this is now mainstream?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#1]
It made me chuckle.

Lighten up Francis.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got real problems to worry about, I don't need to manufacture more.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#5]
....Dude, like, chill out man ....
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I received an Email today from Brownells with the above title.  The content of the email shows an AR receiver surrounded by wisps of smoke.  I may be reading too much in to this, but does anyone besides myself find it inappropriate to link their marketing strategy to a day devoted to drug use?  I have always considered Brownells to be a company that responsibly represented the firearms community.  As a country have we come this far that this is now mainstream?
View Quote

I feel this is a good thing we need to stop sending people to jail for bull shit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Lighten up, Francis.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope, could give a fuck less how Brownells markets it sales items. If it makes you uncomfortable buy someplace else in my opinion. YMMV
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Brownells is good to go, regardless.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I feel this is a good thing we need to stop sending people to jail for bull shit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's good to encourage drug use?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
....Dude, like, chill out man ....
View Quote

And have a cookie. Oh, hey, could you pass that bag of Cheetos???
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You consume alcoholic beverages right?  Most deadly drug so far on the planet.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Lighten up, Francis
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I received an Email today from Brownells with the above title.  The content of the email shows an AR receiver surrounded by wisps of smoke.  I may be reading too much in to this, but does anyone besides myself find it inappropriate to link their marketing strategy to a day devoted to drug use?  I have always considered Brownells to be a company that responsibly represented the firearms community. As a country have we come this far that this is now mainstream?
View Quote

Yes

Lol, @ Iowa

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Lord. The only reason it is "most deadly", is because it is the most common.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, as it should be, same as beer and liquor.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Good Lord. The only reason it is "most deadly", is because it is the most common.
View Quote

Alcohol is awful for your body and in general it makes people more aggressive.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bothers me = no.

It's just an ad.  

Have some green tea.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:52:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes

Lol, @ Iowa

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I received an Email today from Brownells with the above title.  The content of the email shows an AR receiver surrounded by wisps of smoke.  I may be reading too much in to this, but does anyone besides myself find it inappropriate to link their marketing strategy to a day devoted to drug use?  I have always considered Brownells to be a company that responsibly represented the firearms community. As a country have we come this far that this is now mainstream?

Yes

Lol, @ Iowa

LOL.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Well, Hitler spent most of his days stoned off his ass... so there's that.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As a country have we come this far that this is now mainstream?
View Quote

If you mean chronic complainers (no pun intended) and whiny bitches then yes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say show some evidence, but I don't really care. I predict this thread will turn to shit; and I already regret posting in it. I am now leaving this thread. Hope the rest of you enjoy it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:59:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The highlighted part is what I responded to. It said "As a country we come this far that this is mainstream?" Nowhere does it say anything about encouraging just that it has become mainstream. Alcohol advertisements are plastered everywhere are you appalled by this as well? The more the overton window moves towards the center on  this subject the better in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I read this thread, but then forgot what the OP was complaining about.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Maybe they quit doing randoms and that's why the shipping sucks.
I bet a stoner came up with the EDGE program.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:04:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#33]
But OPs feeeeeellllsssssssssssssssssssssss
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#34]
OP is harshing my buzz, man
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:25:29 PM EDT
[#35]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc

Big when  I was in High School!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Hahahaha! Fucking

Who gives a fuck? Well besides the OP.

Don't do business with them? Or maybe buy something from them and then write "Tight ass!" on it and then sue because "they" wrote something offensive about you! Think of the go find me you'd get!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:29:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes we have, and it's about damn time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Pretty fucking funny if you ask me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#39]
lol

Get a life
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would say 1 out of every 4 houses I deliver to smells like they're practicing for the Cannabis Cub when they open the door.  More if I'm working evenings that day.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:33:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can get Rifftrax "Reefer Madness" today for $4.20
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, I seriously might do that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ditto

ETA

It's apparently already on Hulu, but here's a link to their store if you don't have Hulu RiffTrax Store

Hulu Link
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm trying to find something on their website to order, just cause of this thread.
Murica
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Ditto

ETA

It's apparently already on Hulu, but here's a link to their store if you don't have Hulu RiffTrax Store
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto

ETA

I think I want to do the studio version, first.

here it is.

http://www.rifftrax.com/reefer-madness-three-riffer-edition

I'm suspect of "live" versions of scripted comedy.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I didn't get that deal ?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

here it is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto

ETA

here it is.

That's also on Hulu.  Watching it now and it's

Hulu Link
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Ditto

ETA

Hulu Link
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto

ETA

Hulu Link

Purchased, and downloading now. Will be on my Plex media server momentarily.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Purchased, and downloading now. Will be on my Plex media server momentarily.
View Quote

"Robert Downey Jr cannot even watch this scene without breaking down in sobs."
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Oh boo the fuck hoo OP, if you didn't like it then delete it or stop shopping with them. If not pipe down
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top