Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 3:11:01 PM EDT
A few women soldiers have earned the Army's coveted Ranger badge. A female Marine will be the first woman to enter MARSOC's grueling selection process. But no women have stepped up to join the Navy's most elite combat units more than a month after they formally opened.

The training pipeline for Navy SEALs and special warfare combat-craft crewmen opened in early March, the same week of Recruit Training Command's latest special warfare screening panel, but no women made that deadline.

The next board convenes in June, which could put women currently in boot camp in Naval Special Warfare Preparatory School in September and then Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training in December, per Naval Special Warfare's integration plan.

To date, however, no women have taken that first step, the Navy's top officer said.

"We'll just have to see," Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson told Navy Times. "It's one of those things — we can turn the faucet on all the way. We just have to see how much comes through."

Special operations veterans are split over the integration of the storied SEAL teams, with many concerned that women's inclusion will eventually dilute NSW's notoriously tough physical standards. These standards will weed out many women considering special operations, but Richardson reiterated that standards won't change to accommodate them.

"You can't do that, right? Because then you start to impact mission effectiveness," he said in the April 13 interview. "And it's sort of one of the guiding principles, I think, for successful integration."
View Quote

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2016/04/19/navy-seals-now-open-women-but-none-has-stepped-forward/82982558/

When is the selective service going to be open for all ?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Demi Moore already did it.  Not news.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Demi Moore already did it.  Not news.
View Quote

This.  That was a hell of a documentary.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I would pay money to watch the first one go through BUDs
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]
A woman made it through BRC?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm honestly not sure there is a woman alive (and I mean born as a woman...ya gotta be pretty specific these days...) who could successfully complete BUD/S training.

I may be wrong, but I kinda doubt it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#6]
They'll never make it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm honestly not sure there is a woman alive (and I mean born as a woman...ya gotta be pretty specific these days...) who could successfully complete BUD/S training.

View Quote

We figured this out yesterday.

This creepy woman could probably do it, if she has the mental fortitude (and if the Navy overlooks peds):

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:26:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This creepy woman could probably do it, if she has the mental fortitude (and if the Navy overlooks peds):

http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uuuploads/17-year-old-doll-face-powerlifter-from-russia-julia-vins/17-year-old-doll-face-powerlifter-from-russia-julia-vins-6__.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uuuploads/17-year-old-doll-face-powerlifter-from-russia-julia-vins/17-year-old-doll-face-powerlifter-from-russia-julia-vins-6__.jpg

They won't.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Can you imagine the pressure on the BUDS class the first woman accepted into would have??
Who would want to be that guy that washed out BEFORE the chick????
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right up until all that running stuff.  A powerlifter isn't going to make it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#11]
From what I understand the swimming qualifications are extremely harsh, I would doubt many women have the upper body strength/stamina to meet said qualifications.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Someone will be volunteered, and the cadre will be taken aside and told she will pass, or else....
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:35:39 PM EDT
[#13]
If they don't make it aren't they rewarded with a cruise trip
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can you imagine the pressure on the BUDS class the first woman accepted into would have??
Who would want to be that guy that washed out BEFORE the chick????
View Quote

Good point. unprecedented number of men would pass.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
snip

Special operations veterans are split over the integration of the storied SEAL teams, with many concerned that women's inclusion will eventually dilute NSW's notoriously tough physical standards. These standards will weed out many women considering special operations, but Richardson reiterated that standards won't change to accommodate them.

"You can't do that, right? Because then you start to impact mission effectiveness," he said in the April 13 interview. "And it's sort of one of the guiding principles, I think, for successful integration."
View Quote

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/2016/04/19/navy-seals-now-open-women-but-none-has-stepped-forward/82982558/

View Quote

Can you be more contradictory?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Someone will be volunteered, and the cadre will be taken aside and told she will pass, or else....
View Quote

I really don't think so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top