Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2016 2:41:36 PM EDT
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-36090891

Seven Pakistani policemen, three of whom were guarding polio workers, have been killed in Karachi, officials say.

Eight gunmen on motorcycles fired at a group of three police guards
and later at a van containing four officers, officials told the Pakistan
Tribune.

Islamist militants oppose vaccination, saying it is a Western conspiracy to sterilise Pakistani children.

In January, 15 people were killed in a bomb attack on a vaccination centre in the south-western city of Quetta.

Reward

Polio
workers called off the vaccination drive in Karachi following the
attack, despite the home minister's order to continue, the Tribune
reported.

According to Pakistan's Dawn newspaper, police have
offered a reward of 5 million rupees (£33,000) for information on the
killers, and 2 million rupees (£13,000) compensation to the victims'
families.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Seven Pakistani policemen, three of whom were guarding polio workers, have been killed in Karachi, officials say.

Eight gunmen on motorcycles fired at a group of three police guards and later at a van containing four officers, officials told the Pakistan Tribune.

Islamist militants oppose vaccination, saying it is a Western conspiracy to sterilise Pakistani children.

In January, 15 people were killed in a bomb attack on a vaccination centre in the south-western city of Quetta.

Reward

Polio workers called off the vaccination drive in Karachi following the attack, despite the home minister's order to continue, the Tribune reported.

According to Pakistan's Dawn newspaper, police have offered a reward of 5 million rupees (£33,000) for information on the killers, and 2 million rupees (£13,000) compensation to the victims' families.

View Quote

View Quote

Wow, the stupid is strong in those people.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Pakistan is like the last place on the earth to get comprehensive polio vaccinations.  If these idiots were thinking right, they'd know there's no issue, cause if there was it would have affected the rest of the damn planet.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh.  If they want their polio, let 'em keep their polio.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Eight gunmen on motorcycles fired at a group of three police guards and later at a van containing four officers, officials told the Pakistan Tribune.

Reward

Polio workers called off the vaccination drive in Karachi following the attack, despite the home minister's order to continue, the Tribune reported.

According to Pakistan's Dawn newspaper, police have offered a reward of 5 million rupees (£33,000) for information on the killers, and 2 million rupees (£13,000) compensation to the victims' families.

View Quote

View Quote

Hmm, that gives me an idea for rooting out militant extremists...

1.  Sneak chicken pox vaccine into polio vaccine.
2.  Offer free polio vaccinations to everyone.  Move mountains if necessary to make sure anyone willing to be vaccinated actually gets vaccinated.
3.  Expose everyone to chicken pox.
4.  Spread rumors about a new deadly strain of the AIDs virus crossed with polio and bird flu that presents like chicken pox and is highly contagious and deadly.
5.  Offer reward for turning in people with chicken pox symptoms.
6.  ?????
7.  Profit.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Give them polio instead.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#6]
This is what happens when you try to bring modern medicine to a culture straight out of the middle ages.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I really don't understand why we're trying to help the people
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#8]
: I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reward

Well, to be honest, it was a "vaccination program" that verified OBL's whereabouts.  So, I can see some paranoia being held over.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Rich and vibrant
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. No reason not to just release a good round of polio every couple years. I mean, obviously, the anti-vaxxers know that exposure is how you build an immunity, let them build it right? For the betterment of the species!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:22:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, because they will share it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit.
Have fun with your disease assholes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This. No reason not to just release a good round of polio every couple years. I mean, obviously, the anti-vaxxers know that exposure is how you build an immunity, let them build it right? For the betterment of the species!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, but killing and crippling children as a method of persuasion or goal of warfare isn't ever ok. I understand that such things do happen during warfare, but it shouldn't be a deliberate goal or mission.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Sorry, but killing and crippling children as a method of persuasion or goal of warfare isn't ever ok. I understand that such things do happen during warfare, but it shouldn't be a deliberate goal or mission.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe they've been watching Apocalypse Now.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:58:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I really don't understand why we're trying to help the people
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top