Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2016 12:54:50 PM EDT
This is why they should not even have the tiniest foot in the door when it comes to domestic surveillance.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2016/04/government-surveillance-fbi-nsa-violations-222162
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
No way.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Just wait until Obama hears about this!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I expect at least an angry-sounding show hearing before some sort of Congressional committee, where some Congressmen pretend to be angry at some bureaucrat, and then do nothing.

That's how this usually goes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

He only gets the Sunday papers.

He'll discuss it then.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Say it ain't so.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
My mom said criminals and cops have similar psych profiles.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#7]
And here be the problem with all government. There are 0 repercussions for their misdeeds.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Patiently waiting on the defenders to show up and tell us all how we misunderstand how this all works.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:36:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

What a stupid fucking post.

That being said, in b4 the govt bootlickers.

The bill of rights is the biggest reason I'm a rand paul guy. Him, justin amash, lee, and a few other guys are the future of the party if we ever desire to truly reign in the federal govt.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:39:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:44:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The bill of rights is the biggest reason I'm a rand paul guy. Him, justin amash, lee, and a few other guys are the future of the party if we ever desire to truly reign in the federal govt.
View Quote

They'll be along shortly to reassure us that this isn't possible and .gov would never ever spy on us and if they ever do it's for our own good to keep us safe from the bad man.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#12]
lol
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#13]
You mean to tell  me that the highest law enforcement in the land is........corrupt?  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#14]
OP, you must understand that they abuse us for our safety.  We can't let the terrorists take away our freedom, so we must let the FBI do it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They'll be along shortly to reassure us that this isn't possible and .gov would never ever spy on us and if they ever do it's for our own good to keep us safe from the bad man.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it isnt possible. Only the government knows whats good for you;  its why they went to ivy league schools and work in top positions,because they are top men.  You are just too dumb to understand.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I expect at least an angry-sounding show hearing before some sort of Congressional committee, where some Congressmen pretend to be angry at some bureaucrat, and then do nothing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it does.  And just last week, they lied to congress and begged for a law banning encryption, banning our privacy, and giving them even more power.

Fuck these guys - we need to take our country back and restore the constitution.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:49:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You mean to tell  me that the highest law enforcement in the land is........corrupt?  
View Quote

I'm willing to consider giving them a mulligan on this one if they indict Hillary.

Maybe.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

But it isnt possible. Only the government knows whats good for you;  its why they went to ivy league schools and work in top positions,because they are top men.  You are just too dumb to understand.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Something something passing the bill to know what's in it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Lawless nation is lawless.

Who'da guessed?

Unintended consequences are going to seriously fuck up some lives though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck every bit of our current gov.  Every bit of it.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#21]
I was assured by someone on this site these things almost never happen at all awhile back
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:58:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Welcome to a third world country . Making Stalin proud since the FBI was founded
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#23]
In before demonoid77 (or however he spells it).
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#24]
If only someone had warned us a few years ago about this stuff maybe something could have been done.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#25]
"The government generally attributed those instances to individual failures or confusion, rather than a 'systematic issue,' "
View Quote

Oh ok.   The system works fine, just the individuals within the system keep thwarting it.    That's not a problem with the system, tho.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:05:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oh ok.   The system works fine, just the individuals within the system keep thwarting it.    That's not a problem with the system, tho.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"The government generally attributed those instances to individual failures or confusion, rather than a 'systematic issue,' "

Right.

"We were confused about whether keeping things for X years really meant X years. We were also baffled by whether we were supposed to delete attorney/client communications. All these rules and regulations that we wrote ourselves, they're so confusing and all."
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Basing something as important as your own opinion on people in general on a field which is mostly ridiculed
and represents one of the largest bullshit fields in which colleges are still issuing degrees in....notice I said Psychology---not Psychiatry.  

Trying to hint at or intimate that cops and criminals are similar in anything is utter horseshit.  I can't even think up
an appropriate analogy to illustrate such absurdity.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:06:14 PM EDT
[#28]
"In order to preserve attorney-client privilege, the FBI is supposed to have such surveillance reviewed by a "taint team" that can excise any legal communications, but that was not happening in all cases, the FBI reported."

The goddamn taint team is responsible for this.  They're supposed to keep the nutsacks at the FBI separated from the assholes at NSA.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"In order to preserve attorney-client privilege, the FBI is supposed to have such surveillance reviewed by a "taint team" that can excise any legal communications, but that was not happening in all cases, the FBI reported."

The goddamn taint team is responsible for this.  They're supposed to keep the nutsacks at the FBI separated from the assholes at NSA.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#30]
There are many layers of  approvals, reviews, and oversite to keep these things from happening.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is why they should not even have the tiniest foot in the door when it comes to domestic surveillance.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2016/04/government-surveillance-fbi-nsa-violations-222162
View Quote

For the FISA court to publicly criticize the NSA and FBI it must have been one helluva violation.  FISA is so far up the .gov's ass they haven't seen daylight in 15 years.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:33:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Holy shit. I lost!

You win arfcom for today.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

For the FISA court to publicly criticize the NSA and FBI it must have been one helluva violation.  FISA is so far up the .gov's ass they haven't seen daylight in 15 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a FISC judge who resigned in protest and pretty much said that the government does what it wants regardless of what FISC says. Which is even more appalling when you consider that FISC is an ex parte rubberstamp, anyway.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There was a FISC judge who resigned in protest and pretty much said that the government does what it wants regardless of what FISC says. Which is even more appalling when you consider that FISC is an ex parte rubberstamp, anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our government is 50% theater and 50% dramatic response to crises that are at least 50% manufactured.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top