Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2016 8:58:34 AM EDT

Figured this would be a little something different for Harley loving GD

I finished up the new audio system in my Harley Road Glide. The stock system sucked and was lost at any speed above 60mph. So I bought and installed a full Arc Audio system. Arc Audio Moto 600.4 Amp, 602 6 1/2" speakers up front, and 692 6x9" speakers in the Hogtunes saddlebag lids.

I made a couple videos for a build thread I have over on a Harley forum. The internal Gopro mic isn't the greatest at picking up the clarity of the audio.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
One bump for the night folks
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a new guy who moved in near me and to "warm up" his bike he starts it and immediately revs the thing damn near to the red line. Leaves it there for a few seconds, backs it off then repeats. That poor engine.

Loud pipes might not save his life
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I finished up the new audio system in my Harley Road Glide. The stock system sucked and was lost at any speed above 60mph.

View Quote

Road Glide?  60mph?

How would you know what it sounded like?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Road Glide?  60mph?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I finished up the new audio system in my Harley Road Glide. The stock system sucked and was lost at any speed above 60mph.

Road Glide?  60mph?

Can you even get up that fast going bar to bar?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#5]
My Ultra is plenty loud.  At 80 mph, it's still GTG.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:48:52 PM EDT
[#6]
LOOK  AT    MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, these systems are o.k. in the rain?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
LOOK  AT    MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Quote

LOOK AT ME! is a GOOD thing on a bike lol.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Look at me is always for people at the intersection to the right or left of you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]
i just stick earbuds in
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:59:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Better yet don't drive a donorcycle.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Better yet don't drive a donorcycle.
View Quote

Good advice.  Tried for hours one time and couldn't find the steering wheel on the fucking thing.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:43:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
LOL So wanting to hear my music on the highway is "look at me", Got it!

Yes this system is OK for rain. all components are part of Arc's "Moto" Series that are designed for motorcycles.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:55:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I saw some dork the other day on a trike with Hooked on a Feeling playing louder than his bike.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I once said that there is nothing more obnoxious than a Harley Davidson.  I was wrong; you've successfully raised the bar.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I once said that there is nothing more obnoxious than a Harley Davidson.  I was wrong; you've successfully raised the bar.
View Quote

The best thing ever is to go up in the national forest like the Great Smokies and all day long you hear Hardly Ableson motorcycles with loud pipes and speakers .The OP wants to hear his music but he wants to share like a Ricer with a fart can or a Brodozer or a Box Caprice with a system on 26's all are cut from the same cloth.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:03:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes this system is OK for rain. all components are part of Arc's "Moto" Series that are designed for motorcycles.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well yeah actually. ....because let's face it jack I don't want.to hear that shit.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#17]
What's more annoying than a guy on an obnoxiously loud bike constantly blipping his throttle while stopped?

A guy on an obnoxiously loud bike with an equally obnoxiously loud sound system, blaring it while stopped.

Fags.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well yeah actually. ....because let's face it jack I don't want.to hear that shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I could give two shits on what you want or don't want. I'm happy listening to some tunes on my bike on the highway. Plus at highway speeds you won't hear shit in your Prius anyway.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Nice looking bike though.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What's more annoying than a guy on an obnoxiously loud bike constantly blipping his throttle while stopped?

A guy on an obnoxiously loud bike with an equally obnoxiously loud sound system, blaring it while stopped.

Fags.

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/south-park/clip-thumbnails/season-13/1312/south-park-s13e12c03-were-turning-some-heads-16x9.jpg?
View Quote

I'm almost sure the Harley guys are why they quit having the gathering on the grounds car and bike cruise at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. They'd come riding in as a big pack and park and rev the fuck out of their bikes the whole time. It got old pretty quick.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#21]
I too like to rock out on the ride sometimes...

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:14:19 AM EDT
[#22]
I just put a Bluetooth system in my helmet. Can you not get one in yours?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:15:41 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'm almost sure the Harley guys are why they quit having the gathering on the grounds car and bike cruise at the Iowa State Fairgrounds. They'd come riding in as a big pack and park and rev the fuck out of their bikes the whole time. It got old pretty quick.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fags.

http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/images/shows/south-park/clip-thumbnails/season-13/1312/south-park-s13e12c03-were-turning-some-heads-16x9.jpg?

I do none of that shit. I just like to ride by myself.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I was never a huge fan of radios on bikes , but I'll admit after hitting 2000 miles a 4000 mile ride even I get tired of my own singing lol, thread like these show just how progressive many gun owners are so much hate lol
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:32:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The best thing ever is to go up in the national forest like the Great Smokies and all day long you hear Hardly Ableson motorcycles with loud pipes and speakers .The OP wants to hear his music but he wants to share like a Ricer with a fart can or a Brodozer or a Box Caprice with a system on 26's all are cut from the same cloth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's when I decided to quit riding a Harley.
I pulled off in the mountains to have a smoke and was sitting there enjoying the quiet until some cock holster on a Harley, with his "tunes" cranked up  came by.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Some pics of the install...

New Bars too

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:41:42 AM EDT
[#27]

New Piece, I will finish and paint once I find the right front fender, or make it myself from a blank.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

My Ultra is plenty loud.  At 80 mph, it's still GTG.

View Quote
You have 6 speakers on an amp, I had two running on the Head Unit with no Amp.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top