Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 7:11:23 AM EDT

“He pointed a gun at them, and they fired back at him,” a high-ranking police source said. “He was hit in the hand.”

Footman shot in the hand

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:12:50 AM EDT
[#1]
"Footman shot in hand"

Carson is going to be pissed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Crappy shot - it should have been in the head.  

Pointing a gun and/or shooting at a cop should be an instant death sentence carried out at the scene of the crime.

That will reduce crime.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet name, asshole.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#4]
They were just trying to do what liberals say all the time, shoot the gun out of his hand, didn't want to kill the promising young man, I am sure his research on curing cancer is just weeks from a breakthrough...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Lol, name sounds like some weird X-Files monster.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Just out of curiosity, where did the term 'bulls' come from when talking about police (or is it specific to NYPD)?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pointing a gun and/or shooting at a cop should be an instant death sentence carried out at the scene of the crime.

That will reduce crime.
View Quote

What if its an undercover cop that doesn't immediately identify himself? Or you're awoken at 3am to people breaking into your house on a no-knock warrant that got the wrong address?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:28:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, where did the term 'bulls' come from when talking about police (or is it specific to NYPD)?
View Quote

Attempt to sound all edgy and bitter???  

Extra points for luring in GD's "usual suspects"???

(I do, I must admit, enjoy the slice of NYC life that OP posts though)

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

No idea where or when it originated, but I do know that whoever came up with it was a fucking retard.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#10]

No sleep til...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#11]
A firearms instructor I trained with did some informal experiments with trained and untrained shooters.

One thing he found was that people will subconsciously focus on the "threat". The threat being the weapon.

Everyone but to a much greater extent untrained shooters would tend to group shots around the weapon.

They would also group shots away from hats, sun glasses, etc. subconsciously seeing them as a barrier...

During force on force training I was shot in the hand/arm many times...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No idea where or when it originated, but I do know that whoever came up with it was a fucking retard.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The full expression is "harness bull". I couldn't tell you the origin.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I heard "Bull" used more for corrections officers, but OP is pretty vested in all things NYPD.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm pretty sure the term originated during the roaring 20's or 30's gangster era. I've certainly come across the term while reading period gangster novels.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:00:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"Footman shot in hand"

Carson is going to be pissed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:01:14 AM EDT
[#16]
So is he eligible for a hook in lieu of his southpaw?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
In the Bronx in my neighborhood it was any cop not in uniform or a Fed. I guess real bulls charge hard, and plainclothes cops always come in yelling, screaming, fast and crazy.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:15:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Robert deNiro makes a reference to bulls. Goodfellas. DeNiro is from the Bronx, Scorcese is from Little Italy. I can't tell you if the term was used in another neighborhood

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That will reduce crime.
View Quote

Yes, because cops are better and worth more than people of other professions.

Here we go...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That will reduce crime.
View Quote

Hell yeah. Fuck the constitution.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:14:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A firearms instructor I trained with did some informal experiments with trained and untrained shooters.

One thing he found was that people will subconsciously focus on the "threat". The threat being the weapon.

Everyone but to a much greater extent untrained shooters would tend to group shots around the weapon.

They would also group shots away from hats, sun glasses, etc. subconsciously seeing them as a barrier...

View Quote

Absolutely true. See it all the time as an instructor. People tend to point at what they are looking at.
Targets on the range that have photos of folks holding firearms low and to the side consistently have lower scores compared to targets showing them holding a firearm close to center line.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Absolutely true. See it all the time as an instructor. People tend to point at what they are looking at.
Targets on the range that have photos of folks holding firearms low and to the side consistently have lower scores compared to targets showing them holding a firearm close to center line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree from experience as a training participant.  Probably 70 percent of the rounds I've been hit with were in the right hand or arm.   You may go to training without some type of gloves the first time you do simunitions, one round to the fingers or knuckles is a learning experience.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In the Bronx in my neighborhood it was any cop not in uniform or a Fed. I guess real bulls charge hard, and plainclothes cops always come in yelling, screaming, fast and crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh.  I only ever heard the term "bull" used for Railroad police.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#24]
SAFE.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

in the drivers ed class i took, they said that when in a skid focus your vision on where you want the car to go and your subconscious will take over

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everywhere you go its a differing lexicon
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Agree from experience as a training participant.  Probably 70 percent of the rounds I've been hit with were in the right hand or arm.   You may go to training without some type of gloves the first time you do simunitions, one round to the fingers or knuckles is a learning experience.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, knuckles and nipples are the worst spots to get hit. particularly in Feb
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top