Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/20/2016 1:52:55 AM EDT
So if you follow the news, every week you seem something about "6 shot in Chicago over the weekend" "Man shot and killed while live streaming" "82 shot over a single weekend in Chicago's south-side" etc.

Interested in the total for this year, I did a quick google and stumbled upon this map, highlighting the locations of each shooting.

Seems pretty simple to me. Either cordon of the effected area's, and block by block sweeps. No one in or out until they rid the city of the guns in the hands of felon's and then haul them to a nice new jail just for them with maximum sentencing. No yard, no common area's and no working out, no phones for "rec calling" One visitor per month of direct family only. No store to buy the usual "ramen and stuff" and the Only TV allowed will be on CSPAN.

Expensive right? Take all guns that were found, and resell them for parts or metal or if possible returned to rightful owners. The amount the city will save in non paying hospital bills, and everything that goes into treating someone with 9 leg wounds who will probably be back in later in the week in a bag. would probably pay for the jail and the contractors going in.

Who should have to shoulder the burden of going to these places and taking illegal guns from criminals? Anyone who can pass a class and register as a contractor and anyone who volunteers to take the classes (marksmanship, door clearing, and the usual stuff involved to take a hostile building)
I'm sure some may be shot at, but always with a 9mm or 40. pistol. Everyone is required to wear full kit and get the emt's to be standby.

Shit I would do this for 15 an hour. Haha. I know its just a dream but look at this map and tell me it doesn't look like a literal war zone where the worsts streets are plain as day and can be pinpointed.

Second would be let it fester and loose all resemblance of a US city.

The map.
http://crime.chicagotribune.com/chicago/shootings/  

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:55:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I suppose you've never read the Constitution?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:56:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So if you follow the news, every week you seem something about "6 shot in Chicago over the weekend" "Man shot and killed while live streaming" "82 shot over a single weekend in Chicago's south-side" etc.

Interested in the total for this year, I did a quick google and stumbled upon this map, highlighting the locations of each shooting.

Seems pretty simple to me. Either cordon of the effected area's, and block by block sweeps. No one in or out until they rid the city of the guns in the hands of felon's and then haul them to a nice new jail just for them with maximum sentencing. No yard, no common area's and no working out, no phones for "rec calling" One visitor per month of direct family only. No store to buy the usual "ramen and stuff" and the Only TV allowed will be on CSPAN.

Expensive right? Take all guns that were found, and resell them for parts or metal or if possible returned to rightful owners. The amount the city will save in non paying hospital bills, and everything that goes into treating someone with 9 leg wounds who will probably be back in later in the week in a bag. would probably pay for the jail and the contractors going in.

Who should have to shoulder the burden of going to these places and taking illegal guns from criminals? Anyone who can pass a class and register as a contractor and anyone who volunteers to take the classes (marksmanship, door clearing, and the usual stuff involved to take a hostile building)
I'm sure some may be shot at, but always with a 9mm or 40. pistol. Everyone is required to wear full kit and get the emt's to be standby.

Shit I would do this for 15 an hour. Haha. I know its just a dream but look at this map and tell me it doesn't look like a literal war zone where the worsts streets are plain as day and can be pinpointed.

The map.

View Quote

Quoted for posterity.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:57:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:59:44 AM EDT
[#4]
16'ers making the 13's look good.

If the powers that be wanted it fixed it would be fixed.  Keeping criminals in the population by playing catch and release keeps the proles scared and crying for "help".
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:01:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I bet you have Punisher logos on all sorts of random shit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:01:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The map.

View Quote

Quoted again just in case.

That's real retarded, sir.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:01:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Shit I would do this for 15 an hour. Haha. I know its just a dream but..
View Quote

This is why you should not do that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:01:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I have, but what part says that you can't go in, and ID fellons who are breaking the law.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-shootings-violence-20160418-story.html

On the  park 11, detained for "suspicious behavior"  Search for weapons and then arrest.

Its not a plausible idea I know but god this is insanity what is going on in Chicago. I mean, it is crazy to think in one part of town you will get shot for looking at someone.

It makes you wonder if the ATF actually tries to track guns down after a crime or even gets a UC to go in and track the guns to the source. I saw there were 34 cases with the offender arrested. Out of 180 some shootings. How can any police department ever catch all the perps without a lot of outside help?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:03:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Everybody wants to be a doorkicker until it's time to do doorkicker shit.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:04:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Wtf is an "illegal gun"?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:04:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have, but what part says that you can't go in, and ID fellons who are breaking the law.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-chicago-shootings-violence-20160418-story.html

On the part park 11, detained for "suspicious behavior"  Search for weapons and then arrest.

Its not a plausible idea I know but god this is insanity what is going on in Chicago
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the part park 11, detained for "suspicious behavior"  Search for weapons and then arrest.

Its not a plausible idea I know but god this is insanity what is going on in Chicago

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:05:31 AM EDT
[#12]
No one gives a shit about the murders in Chicago.  It is black on black murder so it's not to be mentioned.

There seem to be reasons that Democrats like this to continue.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:05:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wtf is an "illegal gun"?
View Quote

There are no illegal guns, just undocumented guns
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:05:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Welcome to GD.

You brought this on yourself...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:08:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Chicago doesn't have a gun violence problem, it has a black violence problem but so does every other city in America and the rest of the western world.

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:14:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Chicago doesn't have a gun violence problem, it has a black violence problem but so does every other city in America and the rest of the western world.

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:17:25 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm really not bothered lol, I'm half asleep but the original post should have been the interactive map lol. My crazy idea should have been filed away for use as a resume to get a job with Trump or something. It just bothers me that these statistics are lumped in with other gun violence stats to make the entire industry look bad.

Its a ready made riot if a republican wins if you ask me. It will only continue until they become Detroit and all the pong scum moves into your neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:43:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The map.

View Quote

I blame the public education system, sorry kid..

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:56:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:01:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:33:00 AM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes

Interesting. I fled that Shithole/State nearly a decade ago.

Note Cicero.   Cicero has always had a bad reputation. ( much of it deserving due to Cicero itself.  I digress.

When I left Chicago Cicero was Mostly Mexicans.  ( long changed from the Italians and such that had been there for eons)

As of the 2010 census, 83,891 people, 22,101 households, and 17,752 families resided in the town. The population density was 14,315.9 people per square mile (5,527.4/km²). There were 24,329 housing units at an average density of 4,151.7 per square mile (1,600.6/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 51.9% White, 3.8% African American, 0.8% Native American, 0.6% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander American, 39.3% some other race, and 3.5% from two or more races. 89.6% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race, with 80.2% of Mexican descent.

It really Isn't the Mexicans.  It appears to be another youthful, non immigrant culture hard at work...  

/suprised.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:36:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Watching too many old Bronson movies.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:42:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:44:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

On the  park 11, detained for "suspicious behavior"  Search for weapons and then arrest.

Its not a plausible idea I know but god this is insanity what is going on in Chicago. I mean, it is crazy to think in one part of town you will get shot for looking at someone.

It makes you wonder if the ATF actually tries to track guns down after a crime or even gets a UC to go in and track the guns to the source. I saw there were 34 cases with the offender arrested. Out of 180 some shootings. How can any police department ever catch all the perps without a lot of outside help?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might be somewhere in the 4th Amendment... maybe.  "Something something unreasonable search something something except no warrants shall issue except something something probable cause something."

And hiring mercenaries to do police work doesn't sound like a great idea to me.  But I'm old fashioned like that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:45:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Honestly OP, are you 12?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:03:11 AM EDT
[#26]
This is what you seek:

Great fictional concept for entertainment, but a nightmare for freedom loving types like us in real life. If you can sweep for thugs and their guns outside the 4th amendment and against various SCOTUS rulings, then you can just as easily change the definition of "thug" to gun owner, conservative, Christian, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:23:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit I would do this for 15 an hour. Haha. I know its just a dream but..

OP, if you want to work with the shitstains of America's underwear, for $15 an hour, come work with me at the prison.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 4:50:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Let them all kill each other.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:18:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You obviously have no idea how ATF traces work and what they actually do at the ATF.  They generally aren't into street-level enforcement they ensure manufacturers and dealers comply with BS regulations and have proper licenses.  ATF doesn't track down jack.  The local police look in NCIC to see if the gun was reported stolen.  If not, they ask ATF for a trace.  The ATF calls the manufacturer, then the distributor, then the dealer, who tells them who they sold it to.  Then they write a letter to the first owner.  Then the owner says they sold it, or it was stolen. Then the trace goes cold.  It's basically a waste of time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 5:47:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Oh look, a fuckin' 16'er.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:08:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:15:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This is what you seek:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Dreddpost.jpg

Great fictional concept for entertainment, but a nightmare for freedom loving types like us in real life. If you can sweep for thugs and their guns outside the 4th amendment and against various SCOTUS rulings, then you can just as easily change the definition of "thug" to gun owner, conservative, Christian, etc. etc.
View Quote

You got a clone build in the works? That would be an awesome looking rifle.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:17:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The map.

View Quote

...I heard this same plan years ago,except it was in German
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:18:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Is that you Bill Clinton?

Shouldn't you be supporting the witch?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:54:19 AM EDT
[#35]
NorCal alert?!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:59:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Looked at the maps

Ill have a Coke then ...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:01:23 AM EDT
[#37]
The US should send more troops to Afghanistan. It is safer than Chicago .
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The map.

View Quote

You have zero clue. How old are you ?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#39]
2016 stats so far

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He wins "Best Reply of the Day"
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The map.

View Quote

As long as it stays where it is, I don't see a problem.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:32:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm really not bothered lol, I'm half asleep but the original post should have been the interactive map lol. My crazy idea should have been filed away for use as a resume to get a job with Trump or something. It just bothers me that these statistics are lumped in with other gun violence stats to make the entire industry look bad.

Its a ready made riot if a republican wins if you ask me. It will only continue until they become Detroit and all the pong scum moves into your neighborhoods.
View Quote

Bring it on. Here in Texas, we shoot back...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:34:35 AM EDT
[#43]

Just think, we elected an African-American community organizer from Chicago to be the President of the United States.  What exactly did he organize?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Neva been done befo

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#45]
longfisher, is that you?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:48:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Just think, we elected an African-American community organizer from Chicago to be the President of the United States.  What exactly did he organize?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

co-sponsor of a bill that re-structured the Illinois welfare program
increased child care subsidies for low-income families
equal pay for women and overtime pay
expand children's health care

so ways to spend money
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#47]
I propose building a wall around Chicago, then filling it with water.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:50:59 AM EDT
[#48]
<right-click><save as>
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The map.

View Quote

SO MUCH FAIL
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#50]
I love these modest proposal threads
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top