Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/20/2016 1:52:46 AM EDT
http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/19/intel-lays-off-12000-people-after-lobbying-for-more-foreign-workers/

I don't mind the lay offs. Its part of the business cycle. But lobbying for foreign workers and laying off American workers is just wrong.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:59:41 AM EDT
[#1]
All those liberal faggots in Rio Rancho can suck it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:13:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Gonna need more details about the layoffs before getting all pissed off.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:08:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Follow global economics much?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:46:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Well is like my job, I knew when they gave us raises they'd just take it back by hiring less people and stil bitching about work being slow.

It's the nature of management. Only when Americans start waking up and doing French Revolution type stuff will corporate get the idea to lay off. But it is what is...
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 3:49:20 AM EDT
[#5]
So what percentage of that 10% of GLOBAL workforce the article mentions are US-based  workers
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Why do you hate capitalism.. And freedom. Their business their rules...that is the union hating ARF com way.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Look its alot cheaper to import slave labor here , than to move shit overseas.

You goddamned filthy greedy motherfuckers just dont understand.

If you pay more than a dollar a day , you cant stay in business.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#9]
TED CRUZ APPROVES

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why do you hate capitalism.. And freedom. Their business their rules...that is the union hating ARF com way.
View Quote

Its not capitalism to buy off the government to allow you to bring in more H1B visas. And Intel is non union.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:06:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Any question about the rise of fascism?

Guess who pushes for changes in laws so as to benefit financially?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh well Im a gov worker working on my two pensions. No fucks given.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Kicking perfectly good American workers to the curb while crying they need more cheap foreign H-1B chattel

There must be a secret contest to see which company has the most.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Sweet, more people on welfare and unemployment!

Why do you hate free trade!??!?!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don't mind the lay offs. Its part of the business cycle. But lobbying for foreign workers and laying off American workers is just wrong.
View Quote

So, don't buy any of their products "just to show them"...........
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#19]

The chip-making giant said the mass firings are part of a "restructuring initiative” that will further its shift away from the PC business toward smart devices and cloud-based computing.

But the firings stand out in light of Intel’s lobbying to expand the H-1B visa program. In 2013, the company’s government affairs managers complained that Intel simply can’t find enough homegrown workers in technical fields to meet its needs. And in 2014, the company called for allowing the spouses and children of H-1B recipients to automatically qualify for work in the U.S. as well.

I had to stop reading, someone should tell these people that there's a difference between getting fired and getting laid off.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Yes we can.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:30:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I work there so......
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The chip-making giant said the mass firings are part of a "restructuring initiative” that will further its shift away from the PC business toward smart devices and cloud-based computing.

But the firings stand out in light of Intel’s lobbying to expand the H-1B visa program. In 2013, the company’s government affairs managers complained that Intel simply can’t find enough homegrown workers in technical fields to meet its needs. And in 2014, the company called for allowing the spouses and children of H-1B recipients to automatically qualify for work in the U.S. as well.

I had to stop reading, someone should tell these people that there's a difference between getting fired and getting laid off.
View Quote

whats the difference?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
whats the difference?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

whats the difference?

Getting fired is when you fuck up, getting laid off is when the company fucks up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#24]
A lot has changed in the market (especially international demand etc) in the last couple of years, but never mind that, let's get all butthurt!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Odd that Intel can't find any US workers that are qualified....

I knew a woman about 10 years ago who worked in a division of Intel that did nothing but research small tech start up companies. They'd buy up the companies that looked promising, layoff the people working there and then take the technology back in house. Intel has had tons of opportunity to hang onto skilled workers, they just chose not too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:01:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Ho Chi Minh would be proud of Intel.  

No military action required to shutter American factories.  Just build factories in Vietnam, fire the American factory workers, and close the American plants.  

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1108664
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We can all stay home and collect an annual stipend, paid for by our "guest" workers.
View Quote

This is not a bad idea.  

Lets use H1B's for every freakin job we can with the exception of critical infrastructure/saftey/gov/etc.  Raise the Tax rate on said jobs to an outrageous amount.  Provide excellent stipend and health care to natural born citizens.  Live the dream.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Oh yeah. That's core to the computer business.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Trump has flip-flopped on this issue (big suprise) and now supports an increase in H1B visas:

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-h1b-visas-gop-debate-immigration-2016-3

Trump has engaged in large-scale H1B visa abuse at his resorts, hiring hundreds of foreign workers under the H1B visa program while turning American applicants for those jobs away:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/26/us/politics/donald-trump-taps-foreign-work-force-for-his-florida-club.html
Since 2010, nearly 300 United States residents have applied or been referred for jobs as waiters, waitresses, cooks and housekeepers there. But according to federal records, only 17 have been hired.

In all but a handful of cases, Mar-a-Lago sought to fill the jobs with hundreds of foreign guest workers from Romania and other countries.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Well is like my job, I knew when they gave us raises they'd just take it back by hiring less people and stil bitching about work being slow.

It's the nature of management. Only when Americans start waking up and doing French Revolution type stuff will corporate get the idea to lay off. But it is what is...
View Quote

You know that the 'French Revolution' didn't end well, right?  

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Did I miss all the Michael Milken's championing the "free" market?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#33]
THIS:
Its not capitalism to buy off the government to allow you to bring in more H1B visas. And Intel is non union.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

We can all stay home and collect an annual stipend, paid for by our "guest" workers.
View Quote

isn't Kuwait run like that? almost impossible to become a citizen, but citizens get a annual check from the gov, and guest workers do all the work?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Trump has flip-flopped on this issue (big suprise) and now supports an increase in H1B visas:

http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trump-h1b-visas-gop-debate-immigration-2016-3

Trump has engaged in large-scale H1B visa abuse at his resorts, hiring hundreds of foreign workers under the H1B visa program while turning American applicants for those jobs away:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/26/us/politics/donald-trump-taps-foreign-work-force-for-his-florida-club.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Since 2010, nearly 300 United States residents have applied or been referred for jobs as waiters, waitresses, cooks and housekeepers there. But according to federal records, only 17 have been hired.

In all but a handful of cases, Mar-a-Lago sought to fill the jobs with hundreds of foreign guest workers from Romania and other countries.

Apparantly trump hasn't flip flopped, you simply don't bother to read.

Megyn Kelly asked about highly-skilled immigration. The H-1B program is neither high-skilled nor immigration: these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay. I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H-1B abuse and ending outrageous practices such as those that occurred at Disney in Florida when Americans were forced to train their foreign replacements. I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#36]
This isn't "free market", this is flat out corporatism and the politicians of both sides just lap it up.

You want to move your plant to some 3rd world country with no industrial base and no IP protections?  Fine, that's your choice, but this is collusion to fuck over American citizens.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sweet, more people on welfare and unemployment!

Why do you hate free trade!??!?!
View Quote

It's the vote-buying shit like welfare and unemployment  that makes companies do this H1-B shit.  

A company shouldn't have to compete with the FSA Disbursement Office for labor.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:05:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Getting fired is when you fuck up, getting laid off is when the company fucks up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

whats the difference?

When the company fucks up or when the government fucks the company and the shit rolls down hill?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
This isn't "free market", this is flat out corporatism and the politicians of both sides just lap it up.

You want to move your plant to some 3rd world country with no industrial base and no IP protections?  Fine, that's your choice, but this is collusion to fuck over American citizens.
View Quote

And the government is completely complicit. Our ridiculous tax rates are the #1 reason corporations engage in these despicable efforts.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do not know if the posters that espouse archo-capitalism on here are driven by blind ideological purity, naivety, self-hatred or are paid shills but unless you are in the 1% (or heck maybe the .5%) what is happening is NOT going to benefit you at all. Most Americans have been getting screwed by globalization and will continue to be at an accelerating rate as it touches more and more job types and areas of the country. Companies like Intel are not going to care if they layoff all their employees in the US and move to India if it will help their bottom line. Those of you thinking it can't happen to my job/my company are just like the Jews thinking that as long as they kept making stuff for the Nazis they were safe, nope they got put on the train anyway - but after everyone else. Its putting your head in the sand.

A functioning democracy cannot exist where you have 95% of the population on the dole or in poverty with a very small or non-existent chance of improving their lot while a ruling class of politicians, corporate executives and celebrities see themselves as citizens of the world and not the US.

Since companies have abused the visa program for years I do not think they can be trusted with and it needs to be abolished completely. There need to be tariffs in place that MATCH the tariffs that specific country put on those exact types of goods from the US - I dont think ANYONE can argue this is not fair. Finally, if a company wants to pull out of the US it needs to cost them and cost them big - at least a 50% exit tax for corporate earnings with NO loopholes. If they get caught cooking the books it should have a 100% penalty on TOP of the 50% exit tax. They need to obey laws the same as you and me, think what would happen to anyone on here if we got caught violating laws like ITAR, massive fines and/or FPMITA prison, why should  companies be able to buy their way out for pennies on the dollar?

Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:15:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Megyn Kelly asked about highly-skilled immigration. The H-1B program is neither high-skilled nor immigration: these are temporary foreign workers, imported from abroad, for the explicit purpose of substituting for American workers at lower pay. I remain totally committed to eliminating rampant, widespread H-1B abuse and ending outrageous practices such as those that occurred at Disney in Florida when Americans were forced to train their foreign replacements. I will end forever the use of the H-1B as a cheap labor program, and institute an absolute requirement to hire American workers first for every visa and immigration program. No exceptions
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coming out against abuse of the program...wow...so bold.  

Trump's pronouncements about ending H1B visa abuse are about as sincere as his wedding vows.

He has a documented history of abusing the program, as you would know if you bothered to read the NY Times article I linked.

He reversed his earlier call for a halt to the program, and advocated its expansion during the FoxNews debate.

Fuck Lyin' Trump.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:21:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Trump's pronouncements about ending H1B visa abuse are about as sincere as his wedding vows.

He has a documented history of abusing the program, as you would know if you bothered to read the NY Times article I linked.

He reversed his earlier call for a halt to the program, and advocated its expansion during the FoxNews debate.

Fuck Lyin' Trump.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck Lyin' Trump.

But Cruz has never wavered, amirite?

Do you get all your news from the NYT's.  Probably.  I am sure Trump, the lazy, trump the stupid, trump the clueless personally hires everyone who works in any of his companies.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:24:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A functioning democracy cannot exist where you have 95% of the population on the dole or in poverty with a very small or non-existent chance of improving their lot

View Quote

Where did you get this happy horseshit?  A North Korean travel agency?

I agree there are too many people in the US on the FSA gravy train... and I'd drop about 99.87% of them tomorrow and let them fucking starve were it up to me.  But this shit about poverty with no hope is just derp.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:32:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I agree there are too many people in the US on the FSA gravy train... and I'd drop about 99.87% of them tomorrow and let them fucking starve were it up to me.  But this shit about poverty with no hope is just derp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A functioning democracy cannot exist where you have 95% of the population on the dole or in poverty with a very small or non-existent chance of improving their lot

Do you think all those people are going to quietly go off and starve? No they are going to be robbing, killing and burning you and your family first. Unless there is a legit path off of the dole - ie jobs - welfare CANT be fixed. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned the French Revolution, well that is how you get one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Do you think all those people are going to quietly go off and starve? No they are going to be robbing, killing and burning you and your family first. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned the French Revolution, well that is how you get one.
View Quote

Millions for defense, not one dime for tribute.  Fuck the Danegeld.

The French that revolted had a legitimate beef.  They weren't FSA spoiled by generations of pandering.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Globalists terraforming the USA to suit their agenda....
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Do you think all those people are going to quietly go off and starve? No they are going to be robbing, killing and burning you and your family first. Unless there is a legit path off of the dole - ie jobs - welfare CANT be fixed. Earlier in the thread someone mentioned the French Revolution, well that is how you get one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those shitheads can pull their pistols or whistle Dixie.  If it wasn't defacto illegal to say "boo" to the leaches due to the threat of overwhelming force from the federal government, there'd be a lot fewer Democrat voters by next week.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I do not know if the posters that espouse archo-capitalism on here are driven by blind ideological purity, naivety, self-hatred or are paid shills but unless you are in the 1% (or heck maybe the .5%) what is happening is NOT going to benefit you at all. Most Americans have been getting screwed by globalization and will continue to be at an accelerating rate as it touches more and more job types and areas of the country. Companies like Intel are not going to care if they layoff all their employees in the US and move to India if it will help their bottom line. Those of you thinking it can't happen to my job/my company are just like the Jews thinking that as long as they kept making stuff for the Nazis they were safe, nope they got put on the train anyway - but after everyone else. Its putting your head in the sand.

A functioning democracy cannot exist where you have 95% of the population on the dole or in poverty with a very small or non-existent chance of improving their lot while a ruling class of politicians, corporate executives and celebrities see themselves as citizens of the world and not the US.

Since companies have abused the visa program for years I do not think they can be trusted with and it needs to be abolished completely. There need to be tariffs in place that MATCH the tariffs that specific country put on those exact types of goods from the US - I dont think ANYONE can argue this is not fair. Finally, if a company wants to pull out of the US it needs to cost them and cost them big - at least a 50% exit tax for corporate earnings with NO loopholes. If they get caught cooking the books it should have a 100% penalty on TOP of the 50% exit tax. They need to obey laws the same as you and me, think what would happen to anyone on here if we got caught violating laws like ITAR, massive fines and/or FPMITA prison, why should  companies be able to buy their way out for pennies on the dollar?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no idea what you are talking about. It would do you some good to look up statistics on the productivity of American workers vs. any 3rd world shit hole. Hour for hour, dollar for dollar, American workers are VASTLY more productive than Chinese, Vietnamese, Mexican, Haitian, Malaysian, and any other 3rd world nation's workers. Combine that with our infrastructure and stability and you have an environment for productivity that no other nation on earth has.

It isn't until you have a combined effort by our government, through onerous taxation, and foreign governments, through tariffs, that the productivity of American workers lose the ability to compete in the labor market and corporations begin looking for alternatives. Even with those conditions, the U.S. has the 2nd highest industrial output in the world.

Lowering the domestic corporate tax burden (which is #1 in the world) would make the U.S. a magnet for corporations and would actually treat the disease. Throwing up tariffs will only treat the symptoms.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If it wasn't defacto illegal to say "boo" to the leaches due to the threat of overwhelming force from the federal government, there'd be a lot fewer Democrat voters by next week.
View Quote

This.

The FSA is a legitimate threat only because of the protections affored them by government.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:47:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You have no idea what you are talking about. It would do you some good to look up statistics on the productivity of American workers vs. any 3rd world shit hole. Hour for hour, dollar for dollar, American workers are VASTLY more productive than Chinese, Vietnamese, Mexican, Haitian, Malaysian, and any other 3rd world nation's workers. Combine that with our infrastructure and stability and you have an environment for productivity that no other nation on earth has.

It isn't until you have a combined effort by our government, through onerous taxation, and foreign governments, through tariffs, that the productivity of American workers lose the ability to compete in the labor market and corporations begin looking for alternatives. Even with those conditions, the U.S. has the 2nd highest industrial output in the world.

Lowering the domestic corporate tax burden (which is #1 in the world) would make the U.S. a magnet for corporations and would actually treat the disease. Throwing up tariffs will only treat the symptoms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pick which category you fit into and bold it:

1. blind ideological purity
2. naivety
3. self-hatred
4. paid shill
5. I am in the 1%
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top