Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2003 12:08:31 AM EDT
60 Minutes... tonight.

From the Brady Bunch...

http://www.bradycampaign.com/

"Please tune in Sunday, May 11th, when the acclaimed CBS news magazine 60 minutes features a shocking insider look at the irresponsible and reckless behavior of the gun industry, featuring industry whistleblower, Robert Ricker, and the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence's Legal Action Director, Dennis Henigan.

Robert Ricker will explain, for the first time on network television, how the gun industry
has made a conscious decision to do nothing about the flow of weapons from their factories to corrupt gun dealers who are fueling the illegal gun market.

The show will also highlight the case of two former police officers who were shot while
on duty. An NRA backed bill, now in the U.S. Senate, threatens to close the courthouse doors on the former officers and many gun violence victims like them".

Think we'll see an example of unbiased liberal journalism???

Scroll on down to [url]http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml[/url] Interactive: Guns in America for the answer.

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#1]
[i]This[/i] whistle blower???

[url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=174200&w=searchPop]Calif. Judge Dismisses "Whistle-Blower" Suit against Gun Industry [/url]

It would seem that his claims have been discredited in a court of law, not that  60 Minutes cares. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:32:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I posted this on the 9th. No one seems to care...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=185727&w=searchPop[/url]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:42:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I care and appreciate your bringing it to our attention, Johnphin. As a result, I've registered my complaint w/60 Minutes, as have several others to whom the message was forwarded.

cynic
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 1:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, cynic, it's nice to see that people noticed! I probably shouldn't assume that just because no one posted a responce, that no one cared.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:00:47 AM EDT
[#5]
It's not that anyone doesn't care but it's almost a case of "so what, here's another one?"

Clearly nothing we do is going to change 60 Minutes or the Brady Bunch lying about guns. They're going to say their lying bullsit no matter what. You honestly thin we're gonna get equal time? LOL!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#6]
"a conscious decision to do nothing"

Wow, what a stinging indictment.  [rolleyes]  Not exactly the Pentagon Papers, is it?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#8]
whistle blower???  I doubt its a whistle that these assclows are blowing.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#9]
He is an expert witness now which means [b]hired[/b] gun.

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Just watched, What a Crock ! this guy is no whistleblower ! All a bunch of his opinions and ideas on how the gun industry should work, no facts no nothing . The gun industry is doing no more or less than any other industry that sells a legal product. The part about Bullseye was pure opinionated BS, 52 guns in 4 years show up in crimes which is irrelevant if they were legally sold to begin with plus give them a break they do business in Pierce County ! Hell they do every other COPS episode there so that out to tell you how bad the crime rate is !!!!

[BS]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#11]
The show was a dud.

Just this guys opinion that manufacturers should police dealers,down to knowing if the dealers employees are trustworthy[rolleyes].

They had one segment that was particularly laughable.

Supposedly an undercover sting(including the B&W footage)where one fella was buing a gun for his friend(apparently the "friend" was a felon or otherwise unqualified to buy a firearm).

The employee(of the gunshop)tells these guys that what they're doing is called a "strawman" buy,highly illegal.Just make sure that you tell the manager its your gun(the qualified guy)when he comes over to check the paper work.

Yeah.......I'm sure that really went down.........and according to these assclowns happens regularly.I guess the guy working the counter at the gunstore is so enthusuastic to break the law for these guys and explain how seriously illeagal it all is because..............he's making 10-12 dollars an hour there?[whacko]

This "insider" is obviously just a paid talking head for the HCI crowd.They tried to portray him as a guy that "saw the light" and wants to make amends,but he just wasn't that good an actor.All in all a real snore.......Same stuff I've seen a million times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top