Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2003 11:32:34 PM EDT
My bolt is giving alot of friction, I just bought this gun today. 700 PSS got a harris bipod and leatherwood scope on it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet right about now you're wondering if you just thought that or actually posted it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
? Okay I am tired and need to get to sleep but the bolt is catching when going in. I will be sliding it in and bam just stops and starts again ah what we call friction. Not a smooth action.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#3]
If this is a new 700, I would suggest taking it right back. If you're an adventurous sort, lube it real well and gently work it back and forth. It may just need some minor smoothing.

My 700 action was as smooth as glass right out of the box, so I would lean toward taking it back to the dealer.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#4]
What kind of base are you using to mount your glass?  Sometimes the screws are too long on the base especially the screws closer to the muzzle, this may cause it to bind...
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:09:38 AM EDT
[#5]
How come you bought it? Didn't you palm the bolt over a few times before you bought it?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:50:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I'd remove the scope base like evilyoda pointed out.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top